Susan Sarandon is glad 'dangerous' Hillary Clinton didn't win because 'we would be at war'

Does this mean that the US is not presently at war?

When did the US stop being at war?

Hillary has a horrible temper and physically attacks people when she gets angry. She is emotionally unstable.
You try to hold a human form while people are around in your face asking questions and shit. It's hard being a lizard.

Nope, the suggestion that Hillary brought up a no-fly zone with the idea that she was going to shoot MiGs out of the sky is ridiculous.

The criticism in the article isn't that we wouldn't adhere to the terms, but the other actors in the region wouldn't adhere to the terms and we'd have to retaliate.

I don't know if its part of your post to pretend like anybody thinks Hillary is going to personally shoot down migs, but that is a ridiculous angle if so.

And if you think that its a ridiculous concern when our generals are the ones who were concerned about it and that the risk is war with Russia then you're stupider than I thought.

Hillary would have started ww 3 and we would be dead! Mean while Trump wants to openly threaten NK on Twitter. :rolleyes:

Do you remember when Bill Clinton threatened to nuke NK back in the 90's? Instead, he gave them $4 billion dollars in loan guarantees.

Susan S. is nutty but a broken clock is correct twice per day.

I don't know if its part of your post to pretend like anybody thinks Hillary is going to personally shoot down migs, but that is a ridiculous angle if so.

And if you think that its a ridiculous concern when our generals are the ones who were concerned about it and that the risk is war with Russia then you're stupider than I thought.

Exactly. We'd basically be daring them to come into our zone in a country that invited them in there when we had no business being in there. If they call our bluff and stand up to us for their ally then we have to look tough and shoot down their shit or lose credibility.

Why even flirt with this scenario?

Look it was just an idea, not set in stone, how many of Trump's campaign ideas actually came to fruition?

I don't think getting everyone in the area to agree to stop dropping bombs in civilian dense areas is the worst idea anyone has ever had.

A no-fly zone would require an agreement by the international communities involved, if they didn't agree to it, it wouldn't happen.

Look it was just an idea, not set in stone, how many of Trump's campaign ideas actually came to fruition?

I don't think getting everyone in the area to agree to stop dropping bombs in civilian dense areas is the worst idea anyone has ever had.

A no-fly zone would require an agreement by the international communities involved, if they didn't agree to it, it wouldn't happen.

I think you're being deliberately naive if you think the no-fly zone idea was to stop dropping bombs in civilian areas.

In order to enforce a no fly zone they would have to disarm Assad's sophisticated air defenses which were positioned in heavily populated areas. Clinton is on the record acknowledging that a no fly zone would incur heavy civilian casualties for this reason alone.

Not only that, she never waivered from this position even when generals were concerned it would bring the US and Russia too close to war. Even if Hillary didn't stand on top of a Syrian radio tower plucking Migs out of the sky with her ar15, the chances that a mig might get shot down for violating the US imposed nfz (have you noticed how ballsy they've gotten over the years) isn't negligible. And there was no way Syria was going to cooperate with that. And there was no way Russia was going to give US control of Syria.

It was a terrible and dangerous idea, but par for the neocon course.

I think you're being deliberately naive if you think the no-fly zone idea was to stop dropping bombs in civilian areas.

In order to enforce a no fly zone they would have to disarm Assad's sophisticated air defenses which were positioned in heavily populated areas. Clinton is on the record acknowledging that a no fly zone would incur heavy civilian casualties for this reason alone.

Not only that, she never waivered from this position even when generals were concerned it would bring the US and Russia too close to war. Even if Hillary didn't stand on top of a Syrian radio tower plucking Migs out of the sky with her ar15, the chances that a mig might get shot down for violating the US imposed nfz (have you noticed how ballsy they've gotten over the years) isn't negligible. And there was no way Syria was going to cooperate with that. And there was no way Russia was going to give US control of Syria.

It was a terrible and dangerous idea, but par for the neocon course.

Again, you're just being silly, there wouldn't be a no-fly zone if everyone involved didn't agree to it first.

What about the generals that supported her campaign? Were they just bozos?

The good generals only supported Trump?

Again, you're just being silly, there wouldn't be a no-fly zone if everyone involved didn't agree to it first.

What about the generals that supported her campaign? Were they just bozos?

The good generals only supported Trump?

We're so desensitized to war that it's "silly" to be concerned about escalation.

We're so desensitized to war that it's "silly" to be concerned about escalation.

Or you're so partisan you see peaceful discussion with all the parties involved about de-escalation in the region as escalation.

Do you remember when Bill Clinton threatened to nuke NK back in the 90's? Instead, he gave them $4 billion dollars in loan guarantees.
Bu bu but Bill Clinton!

Source it, bro :cool:

Bu bu but Bill Clinton!

Source it, bro :cool:
No, I was alive during the Clinton administration. If you don't believe it that's fine. Apparently you are under 35 or weren't paying attention.

No, I was alive during the Clinton administration. If you don't believe it that's fine. Apparently you are under 35 or weren't paying attention.
I was alive too. I just want to see your sources is all.

Back