Sushi places using Imitation Crabmeat

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What's your opinion about this?
Everytime I see fake crabmeat on sushi I automatically get the impression the Japanese restaurant is cutting corners in many other aspects as well as the food.
Ever had Sake diluted with rice wine used for cooking? It's fucking digusting!
This is another cost cutting corner technique sold to foolish customers.

Don't go to shit resteraunts, problem solved

Sake is rice wine? I am not sure what you're mad about?
Crab is super expensive, so if you want affordable sushi, you use fake crab.

This is another cost cutting corner technique sold to foolish customers.

Bro, you have no idea what those dudes had to go through to get that imitation crabmeat

hqp9NrD.jpg

No you guys don't get it.

Rice wine used for cooking is not the same as Sake.
Go ahead and do a blind taste test if you don't believe me.

Bro, you have no idea what those dudes had to go through to get that imitation crabmeat

hqp9NrD.jpg
Well at least the stomping on the models like a monster sounds fun

Long as it still tastes good is fine with me

They have been doing this a long time actually. Kani is imitation crab meat.

I think it is the chinese who invented the soft shell crab maki.

It's disgusting. Processed and pressed bycatch junkfish mush is not even close to crab in any regard.

Well at least the stomping on the models like a monster sounds fun

That dude would obviously assrape you bro. But yeah stomping on model trains like a monster would be pretty badass, I gotta admit

The most fraudulent things Japanese restaurant do is using imitating wasabi (green coloured mustard), and not using the correct fish as advertised. (The second point is across restaurants in general).

1-6-798x418.jpg

The most fraudulent things Japanese restaurant do is using imitating wasabi (green coloured mustard), and not using the correct fish as advertised. (The second point is across restaurants in general).

1-6-798x418.jpg
Dude that's everywhere. Good luck finding places that use fresh wasabi. It's hard to keep, and it takes like 18 months to grow it, so harvest season is short.

If you want the good stuff, you gotta be willing to pay more.

Sake is rice wine? I am not sure what you're mad about?
Crab is super expensive, so if you want affordable sushi, you use fake crab.
Even decent restaurants have fake crab. Also, I've been to quite a few that offer sushi rolls with real crab and also some with imitation.

Dude that's everywhere. Good luck finding places that use fresh wasabi. It's hard to keep, and it takes like 18 months to grow it, so harvest season is short.

The difficulty is irrelevant, if you are serving dyed mustard, don't call it wasabi. Don't deceive your customers just because it's easier.

The difficulty is irrelevant, if you are serving dyed mustard, don't call it wasabi. Don't deceive your customers just because it's easier.
If it's out of season how do you serve it? You can't. There's like two places that grow it I. Japan, so it's easy for harvests to be bad, and the season isn't all year long

If it's out of season how do you serve it? You can't. There's like two places that grow it I. Japan, so it's easy for harvests to be bad, and the season isn't all year long

If it isn't economically feasible to serve wasabi, either change your pricing structure so you could serve it, or use the common substitute and call it what it is. Don't use mustard and call it wasabi.

Back