Social "Suspicious Minds": Trump accused of racism for honoring Elvis

I don't know a whole lot about Elvises private life. Do you have any sources for that?

That's a very damning statement.
Google “Elvis pedo” and take your pic from the dozens of articles out there

Walk Hard borrowed a tremendous amount of its plotline from the beginning of Elvis rise to stardom.

Trump honoring a man that went to Nam tho... Thats hilarious to me.

If Elvis's voice had been coming out of a guy who looked like Buddy Holly (and this guy lacked the the musical and songwriting chops of the real Holly - as the real Elvis did) he probably would have had a few hit songs in the late 1950's. But he sure as hell never would have been any sort of legendary phenom.

That speculation may be true but is not what I’m reacting to. You said “His real gifts were his looks and his charismatic personality.” That leaves out his exceptional vocalism.

If Elvis's voice had been coming out of a guy who looked like Buddy Holly (and this guy lacked the the musical and songwriting chops of the real Holly - as the real Elvis did) he probably would have had a few hit songs in the late 1950's. But he sure as hell never would have been any sort of legendary phenom.
So, basically: the more things change, the more they stay the same.
Sex sells, duh.

That's kind of how cultural appropriation works...

if someone 'takes' something from a european culture and blends it with their own and is a success, that word 'appropriation' doesn't exist .. that person is lauded and they're just great, end of story .. if whitey does it, it has a negative connotation suddenly .. the hate and jealousy is real with you self hating liberals and racist 'minorities'

The guitar was invented by a white man, so fuck off with the "cultural appropriation" garbage.

You know it’s funny, I’ve never put any thought into what race invented this and what race originated that or how diverse a congressman class is...it’s like the people who fight for the social justice make it worse by exposing shit no one care about in the first place. How hard is it to just enjoy something or put the best person in office regardless of anything else

Point is often the people who bring this shit up mirror the actual racists they hate so much

I've seen comparatively few people having a problem with Trump giving Elvis a medal, and many more having an issue with Trump giving Mirriam Adelson (Megadonor Sheldon Adelson's wife) a freedom medal for ....?...? Donating a lot of money I guess.

While I personally don't think there is anything wrong (or racist) for giving Elvis some sort of posthumous Freedom (???) award, the author is correct about him becoming famous off black peoples music.

Perhaps Donald should have also given an award to this guy too, as a gesture of good will...

It doesnt matter.

Elvis wrote a lot of his own music too and was a hell of a showman. He deserves that title as much as anyone else.

Literally everyone knows that Elvis performed music written by other people, a lot of them black.

Literally everyone knows music was stolen or paid pennies for back then, and then given to bigger stars.

It happened to white and latino writers and producers too.

And it happens to this day.

The music business has pretty much always been grimey as fuck.

How else would you describe a 25 year old man getting with a 14 year old girl?

Elvis MET Priscilla when she was 14. That's not the same as having intercourse. Just a hunch. <LordRoose>

He married Priscilla in 1966 when she was 21, almost 22.

She had Lisa Marie 9 months later. (though there are conflicting reports that she had Lisa Marie when she was 19 which is still legal so too fucking bad for your "Pedo" accusations)

Elvis_Presley_and_Priscilla_with_Lisa_Marie_February_1968.jpg

Elvis Presley and Priscilla with newborn Lisa Marie, February 1968

Last edited:
if someone 'takes' something from a european culture and blends it with their own and is a success, that word 'appropriation' doesn't exist .. that person is lauded and they're just great, end of story .. if whitey does it, it has a negative connotation suddenly .. the hate and jealousy is real with you self hating liberals and racist 'minorities'

You are confused about what cultural appropriation is. The very fact that you get so riled up at the mention of it tells me that you aren't mature enough to talk about it. Cultural appreciation and appropriation aren't the same thing.

I am neither a self hating liberal nor a racist minority.

In case you want to learn something -

https://m.huffingtonpost.com.au/201...ation-heres-what-you-need-to-know_a_23253460/

The whole "so and so" invented rock and roll is silly and pointless. Hell, the first person to even use the term "rock and roll" was Alan Freed, definitely not black. Just like with the who invented heavy metal, it isn't as simple as that. It was a process developed over time and different regions, with many different influences.
If you listen to the first Sabbath album (which erroneously gets credited as the first heavy metal album), there is more jazz influence than Devils Triad.
And then you have, Zeppelin, Deep Purple, JImi Hendrix, Cream, Steppenwolf, ELP, and on and on, that were just as much a contributing factor to what we now call heavy metal. What about Judas Priest? They could be the ones that truly created the genre, if you really think about it.
In short, it's more complex than sos and sos invented x.

It doesnt matter.

Elvis wrote a lot of his own music too and was a hell of a showman. He deserves that title as much as anyone else.

Literally everyone knows that Elvis performed music written by other people, a lot of them black.

Literally everyone knows music was stolen or paid pennies for back then, and then given to bigger stars.

It happened to white and latino writers and producers too.

And it happens to this day.

The music business has pretty much always been grimey as fuck.

I wasn't trying to knock Elvis. Just explain the author's opinion to the army of angry NPC Conservatives.

Elvis MET Priscilla when she was 14. That's not the same as having intercourse. Just a hunch. <LordRoose>

He married Priscilla in 1966 when she was 21, almost 22.

She had Lisa Marie 9 months later. (though there are conflicting reports that she had Lisa Marie when she was 19 which is still legal so too fucking bad for your "Pedo" accusations)

Elvis_Presley_and_Priscilla_with_Lisa_Marie_February_1968.jpg

Elvis Presley and Priscilla with newborn Lisa Marie, February 1968
And yet she moved in with him at the age of 17 which unless I’m mistaken is still under the age of Consent. He fell for a minor and moved her into his home whilst still underage, how do you condone that?

Chuck Berry was better but Elvis deserves his due.

You so called "Tough Guy" conservatives are the most shook bunch of fairies I've ever seen. One dumb ass interviewed in a newspaper says your Daddy is a racists and you queef your pants.

Bunch of fucking pansies
Damn you're upset at the truth

GUU41rG.gif

Back