Sweep tips

Seen a kick boxer that was using an inside leg kick at the same time as his opponent threw the right hand it was a highly effective sweep.
I'm sure most do, you have to be on the same page, and keep it more technical on the sweep. Obv is you're trying to rush it and it looks like you're trying to blow his knee out you're gonna start banging

At times I do the whole sweep, other times I catch a leg do my usual thing and don't even really have to sweep they're so off balanced just moving forward is already enough to dump them

Last night in training we went over a sweep and in sparring i was able to pull it off but i feel as if im "forcing it", as if im using more strength then technique any tips on the technique or little things you guys do that help you?

Sweep at 0:28

not sure what the rules are for your area and if you can "plow" them over or not. Here we are only allowed to take 2 steps, then we must do something, this is in regards to when you have caught a kick. Simply catching the kick is not enough, you must raise it, this will off balance them more, then your fwd steps off balance even more, than you sweep. I talk about it here, but its not about sweeps, but same principle applies.

Does anyone in here do muay thai sweeps in sparring? I always think about doing it, but i feel like it's disrespect to your sparring partner.

Sweeps are very common in Muay Thai sparring and should be trained often. But, a lot of people have a weird hang up about falling on the ground, so they might get butt hurt about it.

not sure what the rules are for your area and if you can "plow" them over or not. Here we are only allowed to take 2 steps, then we must do something, this is in regards to when you have caught a kick. Simply catching the kick is not enough, you must raise it, this will off balance them more, then your fwd steps off balance even more, than you sweep. I talk about it here, but its not about sweeps, but same principle applies.

Its the same rules for him/me. You can step + strike, not blast like a takedown

Does anyone in here do muay thai sweeps in sparring? I always think about doing it, but i feel like it's disrespect to your sparring partner.
Fuck em. JK just give em a warning or get permission before you start sparring. Just expexe the same treatment.

Fuck em. JK just give em a warning or get permission before you start sparring. Just expexe the same treatment.
yeah thats smarter. but most people don't want to do muay thai sweeps in sparring unless there training for a fight.

Judo foot sweeps are cool

But they are NOT legal in most thai competition.

Back