Sweet Child Of Mine or Pour Some Sugar On Me

Grassshoppa

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Was driving today skipping channels and Guns And Roses' "Sweet Child of Mine" came on. I skipped to another channel and Def Leppard's "Pour Some Sugar On Me" song was on. I won't say which I chose to not taint the thread.

Which would you choose? Mods, feel free to add a poll. Thank you.

Sweet Child of Mine's intro is so iconic for me to ignore and change station.

Put it in Mayberry because I was driving... peacefully.

Sherdogging and driving?

giphy.gif

Sweet Child o' Mine easily.

Sweet child of mine but the Sheryl Crow version.

It depends on the mood. If I am just getting off work, and weekend starting, than Pour some sugar. When weekend about to end and I going back to work, than Sweet Child

hum lets see a decent rock song vs some glam metal BS I'll got with G'NR

I definitely prefer Sweet Child of Mine but much like Smells Like Teen Spirit for example I rarely listen to it. I had an incident though with Sweet Child though that still hurts my soul. I was in local sandwich shop maybe 10 years ago and the song came on. This teenager and his friends were like "OMG! That song from Guitar Hero is actually on the radio!!"

Not a fan of either band, but GnR song wins for the bridge alone (“where do we go”).

Pour some Sugar on Me is the absolute definition of 80s schlock.

OTOH - Sweet Child O'Mine is one of the great songs of the 80s that had one of the worst covers in history of rock.

Sweet Child O'Mine by far and away...both great songs but Sweet Child is so much better. I think Appetite For Destruction is one of the greatest albums ever made, so obviously that's my preference.

Axl's vocal acrobatics, especially towards the end of Sweet Child is mesmerizing. I am glad to say I have seen it live.

Sweet Child is the superior song musically, but Sugar is a top 5 all time stripper song, which shouldn’t go unmentioned.

More people will probably vote Sweet Child but I'm more pumped for Pour Some Sugar and its more anthemic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThroughTheDakr
Back