Switzerland Bans Boiling Lobster Alive.

Fine, pass the scissors.

pjPtu.jpg

I thought they died near instantly when put in already boiling water

Idgaf. All I know is, loster price will skyrocket in Switzerland if you have to transport them in a tank than on top of ice. Because more humane.

Our ancestors would be disgusted by us. Those lobsters would eat you alive if given the chance. Death is never pleasant for ANY creature. Hell, it might feel like a hot tub they pass out in.

So exactly why are you arguing against this? Why do you insist that boiling them alive is the right choice here? You sound like an old disgruntled fool. I'm actually surprised that you didn't bring race into this like you do with every other thread.

Give it a rest you old fart.

Switzerland is a just tiny country, far from the ocean.
It's not like people are flocking there to eat $2000.00 lobster.

Pain is pain. Get your shitty comparisons out of here.
Pain *is* pain, agreed. Would be nice if there were none.

But do you feel the same for fish, ants, cockroaches, worms, spiders, snakes, hornets, flies and mosquitos, etc?

I always knock em over the head before throwing them in the pot. Gotta be fair to the animal imo.

Pain *is* pain, agreed. Would be nice if there were none.

But do you feel the same for fish, ants, cockroaches, worms, spiders, snakes, hornets, flies and mosquitos, etc?

No but you're not eating any of those things you mentioned. Least we can do is show some sort of respect to the things we kill for food. Boiling alive is a bit much on the pain scale and we don't exactly know how long the suffering last.

Not sure why anyone would have a problem with killing food humanely. Other than just getting pissed for the sake of it.

How else are we going to cook lobsters if we don't boil them?

What about clams? Everyone boils them alive. Do they feel pain like Lobsters do?

Looks humane to me. If not this, just put them in the freezer for 30 min to put them asleep, then toss them in boiling water.
seems like it’s cruel to make them cold.

You know life is going well when your parliament is drafting laws protecting the animal rights of lobsters

Back