T.J. Dillashaw sends message to Demetrious Johnson: ‘Don’t be scared...let’s get this done’

You really need to stop... it is embarrassing and infuriating at the same time. The weight classes are meant to protect the smaller guys from the bigger guys, not the other way around. A HW can't come down to flyweight because it wouldn't be considered "fair" under the rules. HOWEVER, if the flyweight felt he had the skills to compete with the big boys it is perfectly legal.

Kay this is really quite amusing. Your example alone shows the flaw in your argument. They won't let a heavyweight come down to fight a FLW because they are protecting the FLW but they will let him fight at HW? Do you see how ridiculous that is?

What you pasted says "MMA has similar rules to amateur boxing (at least in the United States), as athletic commissions from several states came together to write the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, which states fighters must fight within their weight classes."

I find it funny you keep calling me special though. I'm actually starting to like you.

Regardless though this is a pointless argument based on semantics. We both know that no commission would ever sanction this so the whole thing is a moot point at the end of the day.

That wouldn't be in the unified MMA rules.

The UFC controls the belts, not the weight classes. Big John McCarthy has talked about it on his podcast. He'd know considering he was one of the people who wrote the unified MMA rules

The UFC can literally do whatever the fuck it wants with their belts.
So the 135 belt can be defended while neither fighter is 126-135 lbs? What is the point of weight classes?

For the record, I don't think any of this is true and none of the stuff he posted said this can be done.

Kay this is really quite amusing. Your example alone shows the flaw in your argument. They won't let a heavyweight come down to fight a FLW because they are protecting the FLW but they will let him fight at HW? Do you see how ridiculous that is?

What you pasted says "MMA has similar rules to amateur boxing (at least in the United States), as athletic commissions from several states came together to write the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, which states fighters must fight within their weight classes."

I find it funny you keep calling me special though. I'm actually starting to like you.

Regardless though this is a pointless argument based on semantics. We both know that no commission would ever sanction this so the whole thing is a moot point at the end of the day.
Look, would you just PLEASE read the unified rules? Arguing with you is a hopeless cause. You are clinging to your "guns and jesus" and won't admit that you are wrong because of your pride. They WON'T let a HW come down but they WILL LET A FLW go up, if he wants. The funny part here is that you KNOW you are wrong and can't admit it. It doesn't matter, I know the rules and so does anyone else who has followed this post and read them. Why you WON'T read them, I don't know.

Last edited:
I don’t think this fight happens because DJ seems to be in a real pissing contest with the UFC over what he feels he deserves to be paid. I’m not sure they are going to give it to him. Because he is not a draw.

Honestly though considering how little he's drawn even on free TV cards I think he's pretty lucky to be getting paid what he is(around $400K isn't it?).

3kgWDLI.gif

Financially, all this relies on how reluctant TJ is to take that loss on his record to go build Mighty Mouse up as the Mayweather of MMA. I'd say $2Mil a piece sounds about right. It's more than TJ makes in an entire year. TJ's got an expensive trainer though, so probably a fraction more.

Financially, all this relies on how reluctant TJ is to take that loss on his record to go build Mighty Mouse up as the Mayweather of MMA. I'd say $2Mil a piece sounds about right. It's more than TJ makes in an entire year. TJ's got an expensive trainer though, so probably a fraction more.

jck.gif

Honestly though considering how little he's drawn even on free TV cards I think he's pretty lucky to be getting paid what he is(around $400K isn't it?).

Yeah no doubt he is not a draw at all. It comes down to a lack of competition and a lot of people don't respect such tiny little guys fighting. For me you can't lump him in with GSP, Anderson, Fedor for GOAT talk. No competition with all those little guys..

TJ, his team, and the UFC are very, very, very dumb for pursuing the fight....

So the 135 belt can be defended while neither fighter is 126-135 lbs? What is the point of weight classes?

For the record, I don't think any of this is true and none of the stuff he posted said this can be done.

Technically, that fight would still be in the weight class though. Because it's up to 135. There are no minimum requirements for weight classes.

But it doesn't even matter, because the UFC realizes how dumb that is just look you and I do lol.

Technically, that fight would still be in the weight class though. Because it's up to 135. There are no minimum requirements for weight classes.

But it doesn't even matter, because the UFC realizes how dumb that is just look you and I do lol.
So you can fight for the 125 lb belt and 135 belt in the same fight, while neither fighter is a BW? Technically, the fight IS NOT in the weight class, hence why they have guidelines for weight classes. If you are 125 lbs, you are not a BW so how can 2 FLWs fight for the BW title while neither are in the weight class? I definitely didn't read that anywhere in his blurb he copy/pasted and would like to see where it says this. I understand the UFC wouldn't do it because the AC wouldn't sanction it but I don't see anywhere where it says 2 belts can be on the line for 2 weight classes while neither fighter is in that weight class officially.

This logic dictates that if Conor made 125 (obviously not possible), MM can win the LW title. That literally makes 0 sense.

So you can fight for the 125 lb belt and 135 belt in the same fight, while neither fighter is a BW? Technically, the fight IS NOT in the weight class, hence why they have guidelines for weight classes. If you are 125 lbs, you are not a BW so how can 2 FLWs fight for the BW title while neither are in the weight class? I definitely didn't read that anywhere in his blurb he copy/pasted and would like to see where it says this. I understand the UFC wouldn't do it because the AC wouldn't sanction it but I don't see anywhere where it says 2 belts can be on the line for 2 weight classes while neither fighter is in that weight class officially.

This logic dictates that if Conor made 125 (obviously not possible), MM can win the LW title. That literally makes 0 sense.

You really aren't comprehending this Anything up to 135lbs can be a bantam weight lol.

Classes have upper limits and no minimums haha. Mighty mouse could fight for the HW belt if he could get it sanctioned lmao.

TJ should go up and fight Holloway.

Don't be a little bitch and try and take the lower belt and skip all of the contenders.

So he's a bitch for going down and skipping contenders, but you're perfectly okay with him moving up and skipping contenders???
DJ used to be a BW, so they are more similar in size. Also, FLW has zero interesting contenders. Since Dodson, who was interesting?
This is the fight to make. DJ needs this way more than TJ.

Let’s go Demetrius!

Don’t be sacred homey

This is what we have here...

FAB79CDXJ2EWZM4ISP.MEDIUM.jpg

This is laughable, TJ is willing to go to the #1 PFP GOAT’s home playground and DJ wants none of it. I guess he’s blatantly content with smashing and recycling cans until he retires. Ducking this fight says more about DJ’s legacy than defending the title a dozen consecutive times...lol

DJ and his wife totally look like Subaru owners.

I'll never understand why DJ gets so much shit for not wanting to fight a guy from the weight class above.

TJ needs to focus on stabilizing himself as champion before he starts chasing superfights.

A few more defenses and this would be huge.

MM fighting and beating B/C level fighters is so admirable, 10 title defenses into his reign. Who the fuck continues to fight guys that aren't even legit earning shots and are just being given shots because the weight class was cleaned out long ago?
Same with MW at Anderson's time, LHW with only 3 legit contenders the last few years and HW that has like 5 fighters.

Back