Tablet or Computer? Which do you prefer using?

Which do you prefer using?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
If I had to choose by the two if there were both available at the time.

I'm going to say computer, I feel more relaxed and easier to do things on a computer.

Tablet-or-Laptop-for-Kid-Students.png

I hate internet on my phone as shit is condensed in App form, damn small display & I have man hands. Hit shit loads of keys at the one time.....

<WhitmanDefeat>

Tablets are similar to me. Like the keyboard & laptop screens. Hate desktop (have to use at work) and mobile, tablet. Just my personal choice, but laptop it is. Been using for about 17 years & had different brands.

Tough for me to make a pick @MXZT as I like both for various reasons. Tablet is great for lying around chilling. Love using it while posting on play by play discussions here. Desktop for emails, work, more serious stuff.

For gaming I use Xbox. Usually switch each generation so may pick up a PS5 for GTA VI in 2025. I have an iMac and iPad and don't spend a ton updating for pc gaming or upgrading a pc rig.

Love the steam deck for games available on steam that aren't too taxing on the hardware or my brain. Guess some hardcore pc gamers might call me a filthy casual lol. I view that type of name calling as passé because to me it's about what suits each person based on their budget and lifestyle.

Tough for me to make a pick @MXZT as I like both for various reasons. Tablet is great for lying around chilling. Love using it while posting on play by play discussions here. Desktop for emails, work, more serious stuff.

For gaming I use Xbox. Usually switch each generation so may pick up a PS5 for GTA VI in 2025. I have an iMac and iPad and don't spend a ton updating for pc gaming or upgrading a pc rig.

Love the steam deck for games available on steam that aren't too taxing on the hardware or my brain. Guess some hardcore pc gamers might call me a filthy casual lol. I view that type of name calling as passé because to me it's about what suits each person based on their budget and lifestyle.

Nicely said post, thanks.

It's actually a really tough question.

A high-end gaming PC is great for multiplayer, and codes and mods. It can also be used for chores and browsing. It's very solitary in real life, however. It also requires a dedicated space.

I've played some really good games on Xbox, but aside from playing with two friends, I found the community to be really lacking. It's still easy to pick up and play.

I would much rather play Stardew Valley on my old iPad Air 2, whilst lying next to my missus, than play it on console. It always gets the short end of the stick on the updates though. Games library is worse, but some classics have been transferred to mobile (Monster Hunter: Freedom Unite was great) I'm heavily considering a Steam Deck or ROG Ally because of it.

Voting computer, but mobile gaming isn't to be scoffed at. It has it's place.

Computer but I grew up with it. I can imagine kids that have only touched computers in school would prefer tablets since it's closer to their phones. I realize I'm a dinosaur but a computer is everything to me. Entertainment, music, video games, web browser. It's kinda my hub for everything where a TV or phone would be for others.

If I"m at home, I'm probably on the computer.

These days you can buy a very small desktop that's kinda portable if you bring cables for attaching to TV and keyboard and mouse.

Currently typing this on a wireless keyboard laying sideways on my couch looking at Sherdog on my big 4K TV via PC.

Get with the master race.

Desktop is the best. I tried laptops twice and both of them broke within 2 years. I've been on this current PC build for 6 years and its still going strong.

My newest computer running Windows 10 had several times all of the sudden having the error screen saying encountered an error and must shut down but runs some hardware scan first finding no issues. I later run scannow and it says it fixed corrupt files. For a few years no problems, then I start getting this several times.

I don't get this with the iPad.

Back