Tainted Supplements Question

Does GAT products still got tainted supps? I needs that old formula

None of my supplements gots the secret sauce, wish mine were tainted.

With news of Anderson Silva's recent failed drug test being due to tainted supplements, I can't help but wonder why a supplement would be tainted with steroids. I'm not saying I don't believe his supplements were tainted. I just don't understand why they were tainted. I would imagine that the steroids they were tainted with cost more than the supplements themselves. So, why on earth would a supplement maker create a situation where a more expensive product can potentially mix into a less expensive product? They would be losing money. And if these supplement makers keep banned substances in their product line, why wouldn't USADA/UFC/whoever just ban all products from that supplement maker.

All I'm saying is that making a supplement that's tainted with a more expensive product is like selling cut down cocaine that has been tainted with pure cocaine. If there is something I'm missing or not understanding here, please let know.
Assuming we're not getting into conspiracy theories... Poor lab practices. Not cleaning equipment between batches.

This has happened outside of sport too:
https://www.schmidtlaw.com/healthy-life-chemistry-by-purity-first-b-50-lawsuit/

With news of Anderson Silva's recent failed drug test being due to tainted supplements, I can't help but wonder why a supplement would be tainted with steroids. I'm not saying I don't believe his supplements were tainted. I just don't understand why they were tainted. I would imagine that the steroids they were tainted with cost more than the supplements themselves. So, why on earth would a supplement maker create a situation where a more expensive product can potentially mix into a less expensive product? They would be losing money. And if these supplement makers keep banned substances in their product line, why wouldn't USADA/UFC/whoever just ban all products from that supplement maker.

All I'm saying is that making a supplement that's tainted with a more expensive product is like selling cut down cocaine that has been tainted with pure cocaine. If there is something I'm missing or not understanding here, please let know.

the supplement market is one of the dirtest thing in the world.

that why fighters are risking there career dealing with any company.

it really looks like it not in a fighter bet interest to take anything at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the supplement industry notorious for having next to no regulations?

I remember them talking about this on Last Week Tonight, explaining how much random bullshit gets put into supplements, at least in the US. There were a number of US politicians receiving money from these companies to push for a lack of regulation.

BINGO.

What happens to the company that gets found out having tainted supplements? Do they get fined up the ass and can the fighters sue them???

no cause most of the people taking them are in sports at all.

you think the guy in the gym that is trying to get ripped will care if there tainted.

Here is the primary reason a supplement tests positive for tainting in a USADA investigation:

The athlete introduces trace amounts of the substance for which he/she tested positive into the otherwise clean supplement prior to handing it over to USADA.

They know which ones are “tainted” and which ones aren’t.

Why do only certain fighters few get flagged for violations more often, while others never?

There are some fighters who have been in the business for over a decade and have never been flagged. If this tainted bs was that apparent, we’d be seeing fighters getting violations left and right.

This is a cop out

The fact that people believe, in 2018, that athletes don' t know loopholes around the "tainted supplement" excuse is pathetic.

I hate when anabolic steroids get into my Monster energy drink.

Cross contamination and sometimes supplements have something in them that soon after you take them you see big results which can be a sign of a little something extra thrown in.

Imma need the names of the supplements that Yoel and Anderson took...

<JonesLaugh>

What happens to the company that gets found out having tainted supplements? Do they get fined up the ass and can the fighters sue them???

No.
Long as nobody dies or catches a deadly disease.

Google Orin Hatch supplement industry. Read a few articles.

shady, non regulated labs.
they prepare different supplements with the same equipment without properly cleaning them. say for example they have a mixer for mixing different powders. it might still be contaminated from the last batch and wasn't properly cleaned. now say they were going to use it to mix protein powders, the protein powder would get contaminated.

It almost seems like the same guys keep getting these tainted supplements. How many fighters does UFC employ? Amazing they dodge such a bullet consistently.

Virtually no big name, mainstream supplements are ever indicated as tainted, hence you are ultra gullible if you think there is no foul play on the fighters part.

Sorry but these random off brand supplement companies can't possibly make protein and creatine so much better that the fighters continue to insist on risking contamination to take them.

When Muscle Milk or something from Onnit is tainted, let me know.

And the "not regulated" bullshit is propaganda. It is regulated, but companies simply break the law. It's like saying murder isn't regulated because we don't pre-screen every human for murderous tendencies at birth.

They are not regulated like DRUGS because 99% of the time we're talking about harmless vitamins and herbs and fucking creatine, which are all supplements, and are closer to foods than hard prescription drugs, thus would be absurd to regulate like drugs.

The propaganda comes from drug companies that want to make even vitamin C etc in higher doses as a regulated prescription drug that requires a million dollar application process, since it prices/regulates t all other competition.

Back