Taking PEDs to avoid a disadvantage is the reason PEDs should be banned

Even curling, table tennis, billiards, pro fishing, fox hunting and dressage?
Even these small sports use beta-blockers that stop a bodies reaction to adrenaline. No matter what sport you play there is an illegal drug you can take to get an advantage.

To be at the top level of any sport
You have to take illegal shit

Period
Yeah. Because that's what they ALL say. You wouldn't have to if others didn't cheat and that's the point. There's still a top level even without PEDs. It just might not be the same peak but nobody would have to "keep up" if nobody cheated.

The reason PEDs are banned is because Americans worship the illusion of the American dream, where hard work is all you need to get to the top and taking the shortest path/steroids are considered morally wrong
Yet is also a culture that wants people to take every shortcut in the book. I know I guy who put his down payment on a expensive car with food stamps.
Lol.
It seems like people you put in work and dedication and want to do something to get Advantage get punished for it.

Even these small sports use beta-blockers that stop a bodies reaction to adrenaline. No matter what sport you play there is an illegal drug you can take to get an advantage.
If you could provide just one legit source about beta-blockers and any of the "sports" I listed, I'd appreciate it.

If you could provide just one legit source about beta-blockers and any of the sports I listed, I'd appreciate it.
You didn't list sports. You said fishing hunting and dressage. Those aren't sports, but if hunting was a sport people would use beta-blockers to steady their aim. Pool players, darts, whatever else you said, all have ways to get an advantage. Chill, pretty boy Nietzsche.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/olympics-shooter-doping-propranolol/

You didn't list sports. You said fishing hunting and dressage. Those aren't sports, but if hunting was a sport people would use beta-blockers to steady their aim. Pool players, darts, whatever else you said, all have ways to get an advantage. Chill, pretty boy Nietzsche.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/olympics-shooter-doping-propranolol/
"Chill"??? I was simply asking for a source on the use of beta-blockers in the sports I listed solely because I have NEVER heard of ANY participant in those sports using (or being popped for) anything on the "banned" list. [Not saying it hasn't happened though]

And yes, pro-fishing, fox hunting and dressage are all considered "sports" for some reason.

To be at the top level of any sport
You have to take illegal shit

Period

the best fighter in the world, by definition, must be able to beat all other fighters on a level playing field. Your logic is defeatist.

the best fighter in the world, by definition, must be able to beat all other fighters on a level playing field. Your logic is defeatist.

What in the actual fuck are you talking about

If you're gonna say the best fighter in the world will be on PEDs, you're going against the spirit of competition.

Damn dude wake up and smell the facts

Anyone that's good at anything in sports is on shit, I'm not saying it's right
But it is what it is
And I believe If you took away all the drugs, the names would stay the same in the same order
Just the times/scores/finishes would be different
Just like if you took away steroids from
Body builders , same names in the same order, just all would be a lot slimmer

TRT Vitor was the best thing that ever happened to mma and they took it away from us

TRT Vitor was the shit but that's beside the point.

If I was a fighter, I personally would not want to take shit that will mess up my system. But if I fought TRT Vitor, I'd feel I have no choice.

No. PEDs are banned because if/when they are not, especially in a big money sport, the competition rapidly turns into an extremely dangerous pharmaceutical arms race.

A world where everyone takes whatever s/he likes is a world of liver failure, psychotic breaks, and early death.

Bingo.

Fuck USADA and fuck suspensions

TRT Vitor was the best thing that ever happened to mma and they took it away from us

But fighters with weapons would be even more exciting, so if we're not worried about safety (and that's whats behind the PED ban), why not go the whole Roman gladiator route and allow swords, shields, tridents and the like? Lions are out because the animal rights people would have a fit, but people fighting each other with weapons has a 100,000+ years of history.

You could even do it as a trade-off - you get to use PED's or say a knife.

And of course I'm not serious, but its interesting how often entertainment value is seen as justifying fighters doing anything they can to enhance their performance (which is what weapons do), even if it decreases fighter safety.

Well, but that's the point, right?

Either you don't want anything banned and tested, or you do.

If your quibble is about what's on the banned list, then let that be your argument. I disagree with some of the things on the banned list myself.

But if you're saying that the should be no banned substances and/or testing, then you're arguing that nut cases should be allowed to do the sorts of things that nut cases do.

Back