Tales of Deliciousness

I tried to relive "Highlander" as an adult. So disappointing.

Movies that will never age:

• Braveheart
  • Saving Private Ryan
  • Lord of the Rings
  • Jurassic Park

I tried to relive "Highlander" as an adult. So disappointing.

A few months ago I watched old school American Gladiators and it was such an epic fail. I remember that show being amazing.

I watched The Guyver and thought it was so awesome as a kid I rented a while back it was sooooo gay.

This part still freaks me the fuck out.

Stand-By-Me-stand-by-me-5093175-852-480.jpg

Of all the American Gladiator vids you could have posted, you picked the dudes?

You're suspect.

Shepherd's Pie

ShepherdsPie.jpg

Wife hid her memory cards, so cell phone pic will have to do.

I did this with sirloin steak for the first time. Normally, you'd use ground meat (lamb if traditional, beef if contemporary), but I thought I'd try it with diced sirloin for something different.

Heat some olive oil in a pan and add diced steak once hot. Brown on all sides and add 4-5 diced carrots. Cook a bit, add a diced onion, then some frozen corn. When the veggies are softened, add about a cup of beef stock, a few dashes of worcestershire sauce, about 1/3 bottle of Guinness, some smoked paprika and salt & pepper. Cook until liquid is reduced, but there is still some liquid. Add a tablespoon and a half or so of corn starch and mix.

Oh yeah... you should have peeled, cubed and boiled about 5 potatoes when you started, which should now be ready for mashin'. Get 'em smooth w/ a generous pour of whole milk and about half a stick of butter. Fill a glass pie dish with your meat stuff, then spread the mashed potatoes over the whole deal with a spatula. Use a fork to make the potato topping kind of peaky, which will help achieve some brown crustiness. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan and throw in a 400 oven for about 15, then switch to broil and hit for another 5-10.

When you say "half a stick of butter" is that "half a pound"?

Name this quote:

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, a stick of butter.

A loaf of bread, a container of milk, a stick of butter.

Back