Tales of Deliciousness

Grass Fed NY Strip and Curried Butternut Squash Pancakes

steak.jpg

The strip was just cast iron pan seared in plenty of butter, cut on a bias, then drizzled with more butter.

For the squash pancakes, peel and seed a half of a large butternut squash and grate it with a food processor (or by hand). Put the grated squash in a strainer with 7-8 cloves of diced garlic and sprinkle with a healthy dose of sea salt, then mix to coat to draw some moisture out. Let sit for 15-20 minutes and press it down to squeeze some of the water through the strainer.

In a mixing bowl, beat an egg or two, then add your squash, a couple tablespoons of yellow curry powder and plenty of cracked pepper and mix well. Add a couple tablespoons of flour (I used quinoa flour) to the mixture and coat. It should be a little sticky... if it's not, add a bit more flour until it is.

Heat a skillet with 2-3 good turns of olive oil. When it's hot, make pancakes w/ your squash, throw 'em in there, let 'em brown up a bit, then turn and repeat.

Plate it all up, top the squash cakes w/ a bit of plain yogurt and eat the shit out of it.

Just curious, what is "local grass fed" for you?

"Local grass fed" for me is driving out to a small family-owned farm in Smiths Creek, MI, riding through the woods in the owner's golf cart to see their 15-20 cows grazing on perfect green rotated pastures, then handing them a check for a side of beef, formerly of the aforementioned green pastures, that I'm about to load into coolers in the back of my truck before dodging free range chickens as I back out of the driveway.

What is the caloric content on the blue berry steak & thai food?

Thai Green Curry and Coconut Milk (Chicken)

TGC.jpg

This is an older one I forgot about, but I just saw the pic on my card, so I'm posting without a lot of detail. There's not much special about what I do with it, so find any old Thai green curry and coconut milk recipe and you're good to go. I did mine w/ chicken, bamboo shoots, orange pepper, baby corn and peas and served it over rice (oh noes!).

Blue Ribbon Chicken (no way I'm giving credit to the Frogs.)

CDB.jpg

This is freaking delicious and it's owed all to the sauce. It's a recipe I found, so I won't pretend to take credit. I used three slices of cheese per breast and real ham sliced from leftovers we had earlier in the week, but otherwise, it's pretty true to the link. My 20 month old was devouring the sauce like it was ice cream.

Cheesy Scrambled Eggs and Squash Browns

Eggs.jpg

There's not much special about this, other than if you're a carb loving potato fiend and are looking for another option. I used shredded butternut squash and chopped garlic, fried in lots of butter. Soooo good.

"Local grass fed" for me is driving out to a small family-owned farm in Smiths Creek, MI, riding through the woods in the owner's golf cart to see their 15-20 cows grazing on perfect green rotated pastures, then handing them a check for a side of beef, formerly of the aforementioned green pastures, that I'm about to load into coolers in the back of my truck before dodging free range chickens as I back out of the driveway.

Do you pay extra for the cart ride?

Cheesy Scrambled Eggs and Squash Browns

Eggs.jpg

There's not much special about this, other than if you're a carb loving potato fiend and are looking for another option. I used shredded butternut squash and chopped garlic, fried in lots of butter. Soooo good.

Looks GOOD.

awesome fooood. damn im hungry now. should not visit your thread when im dieting lol.

Cincinnati Chili

chili.jpg

I'll take Cincy Chili over Texas style any day of the week. I could pretend that my favorite recipe is my own, but I'd be a liar, so here's the link to the base I use. The only changes I make are 1/2 beef stock, 1/2 black coffee in lieu of all beef stock and I typically use cocoa in place of baker's chocolate since I'm more likely to have it on hand. I'll also add a can of black beans about half the time. Beef, as usual, is local grass fed.

I used my own recipe but added the cinnamon. Thanks for the advice on using less rather than more; I added half what this recipe recommends and it seems like the perfect amount. I eat chili nearly every day, so this will be great to rotate in with my other versions (regular and adding cocoa powder).

Spinach, Bleu Cheese & Oregano Stuffed Chicken Breast

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c24/khessenbruch/StuffedChicken.jpg[IMG]

Throw a big handful of spinach and 10-12 fresh oregano leaves into a food processor and pulse to chop fine. Add crumbled bleu cheese and pulse a bit more, then a couple squirts of lemon juice, salt and pepper.

Butterfly your chicken breasts, then spoon your spinach & cheese mixture on to one half and fold the other half over. Salt & pepper, place in a baking dish and throw it in a 375 oven for... well... until it's done.

When it's getting close, melt half a stick of butter in a saucepan, then add juice of about a half a lemon (or if you're me, a few turns of your little lemon shaped squeezy bottle), some powdered oregano and some cracked black pepper.

Plate your chicken and spoon the lemon-butter over it in liberal fashion.[/QUOTE]

Just finished this. It roolz. Thanks.

Back