Taliban spec ops unit annihilating Afghanistan police using night vision, other equipment

JDragon

Lawn and Order!
@Gold
Reaction score
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/14/world/asia/afghanistan-taliban-attack-police.html

In five nighttime attacks in a 36-hour period on Monday and Tuesday, fighters who appeared to be from such Taliban units killed scores of Afghan security personnel, mostly police officers, in two provinces in southern and western Afghanistan.

(...)
When police reinforcements were sent to the aid of those posts, the official said, “the Taliban were using night-vision goggles and the police who were sent were shot by laser-guided weapons against which they could not defend themselves. The police have no night-vision goggles at all.”

So the Tusken Raiders are now equipped with modern weapons and tools and always strike quick only to disappear just as quickly to avoid air strikes.

Wonder where they got all that equipment?

Thanks, Obama.

The talibans are great fighters. I'm always impressed by their skills given their situation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_2012_Camp_Bastion_raid
That's first world SOF level, except they have no air support to save them, which takes even more bravery.
Imagine if Arabs had such level of ability, Israel would have been destroyed back in the 50s.

Thanks, Obama.
Wonder no longer. I got you. First paragraph of the article.

“The newest additions to the Afghan battlefield are fighters sporting Star Wars-like headgear containing Russian-built night goggles, American-made M-4 automatic rifles with laser pointers, and bulky telescopic sights made in Iran or Pakistan.”

so one group cant do jumping jacks and one understands how to operate night vision. how does that happen.

I have a hard time feeling bad for the folks invading their country losing.

I have a hard time feeling bad for the folks invading their country losing.
I have a hard time feeling good about ass backwards religious extremists winning.

The world is gray, Jack.

I have a hard time feeling good about ass backwards religious extremists winning.

The world is gray, Jack.
True, but it's not like the Afghan Government is a progressive democratic institution either, especially considering the covering they give to boy rapists. I'm not muslim, I'm not afghan, but I think I'd favor the Taliban in that situation. The biggest problem with the Taliban is that they allied with AQ, that was a big mistake that cost them dearly and they admit it themselves, they almost wanted to turn in OBL, however he was not there as we know now.

Wonder no longer. I got you. First paragraph of the article.

“The newest additions to the Afghan battlefield are fighters sporting Star Wars-like headgear containing Russian-built night goggles, American-made M-4 automatic rifles with laser pointers, and bulky telescopic sights made in Iran or Pakistan.”

Came here to say this, it was probably from Russia or Pakistan.

True, but it's not like the Afghan Government is a progressive democratic institution either, especially considering the covering they give to boy rapists. I'm not muslim, I'm not afghan, but I think I'd favor the Taliban in that situation. The biggest problem with the Taliban is that they allied with AQ, that was a big mistake that cost them dearly and they admit it themselves, they almost wanted to turn in OBL, however he was not there as we know now.

One would lead to a better future over time, one would actively and belligerently oppress for all time.

I will take a decent chance something over something committed to being wrong forever as a default position.

Perhaps the West should stop “building girl schools” and leave. The Talibans are atrocious but so are the corrupt government as well.

Alls fair in war boyz

Only if you're on the winning team though right?

If 'they' were bombing us with cowardly drones for money, we probably wouldn't want to go fight them.

Only if you're on the winning team though right?

If 'they' were bombing us with cowardly drones for money, we probably wouldn't want to go fight them.

I don't necessarily see it that way no. Everyone comes from different circumstances, I am supposed to feel badly for a poor country that can't afford good military equipment because another country can and they're kicking the dog shit outta them? That's war mane whether it be is or anybody else

I don't necessarily see it that way no. Everyone comes from different circumstances, I am supposed to feel badly for a poor country that can't afford good military equipment because another country can and they're kicking the dog shit outta them? That's war mane whether it be is or anybody else

What war? Who is at war and why?

Our military is better so we can bomb your hospitals and residential areas.

America, fuck yeah!!

Kandahar is a total loss very much Taliban territory. The Afghan police there are overwhelmed and scared, shame because alot of coalition force lost their lives there.

Which country trained this Red Cell? Because the Taliban are not able to do that level of training in house.

I don't think the Taliban are great fighters, they're resourceful and tenacious but their also able to blend in amongst the locals who are terrified of them. They have the saying.. you have all the watches but we have all the time.

With that attitude and lack of Afghans fighting for themselves, Afghanistan will be under Taliban rule the day after coalition forces bounce.

Thanks, Obama.
Remember when trump made that big arms deal with the saudis? The saudis are the #1 funder of terror in the middle east.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

Back