Taliban spec ops unit annihilating Afghanistan police using night vision, other equipment

Remember when trump made that big arms deal with the saudis? The saudis are the #1 funder of terror in the middle east.

But I'm sure you already knew that.

Blaming Trump for US weapons getting into enemy hands is the same as giving Trump credit for low unemployment and the Dow.

Obama administration arms sales offers to Saudi top $115 billion: report

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama’s administration has offered Saudi Arabia more than $115 billion in weapons, other military equipment and training, the most of any U.S. administration in the 71-year U.S.-Saudi alliance, a report seen by Reuters has found.

U.S. arms export boom under Obama seen continuing with Trump
In 2015, the U.S. accounted for 36 percent of worlds arms exports, the Stockholm Institute’s data shows, followed by Russia at 12 percent. That marked an increase in the U.S. share from 28 percent in 2008.

Trump’s first arms sales, holdovers from the Obama era, are business as usual
The State Department announced the first arms sales of the Trump administration Monday, saying it approved sending various munitions and equipment to four countries, including Saudi Arabia. Approval of the transfers has to be finalized by Congress. The $1.85 billion in sales is a fraction of the $40 billion in transfers the Obama administration agreed to as recently as 2015,

Did you know that?

Last edited:
There's few things on earth harder than an Afghan. Just breaks my heart seeing the ANP and ANA getting demolished like that.

Well taliban arent arabs. But the viet cong couldnt be tracked fown and killed as easily back then as they would be today but i guess the occupying force isnt as willing to take as many casualties either

The thing with the arabs is that they arent bad on a small unit vs unit basis but they couldnt get their shit together in managing large campaigns. I do think they have come a long way. with 1967 being the most humiliating. In 1973 they were competitive and technically won the yom kippur war.

The gulf war is whats in people's heads the most but iraq was inferior on paper and in reality. There is no army in the world that would have performed well while stuck in a country like kuwait and trying to withdraw while the enemy has full air superiority, superior ground forces and youre in a flat desert and unable to use the terrain to your advantage.
Egypt did well in 1973 but Syria got humiliated again. Iraq didn't fight that bad in the gulf war but there was no way they were going to defeat the USA.
Examples of bad arab fighting are:
The Toyota War, Libya got demolished by Chadian militias in pickup trucks.
Almost all wars against Israel, with 1973 being somewhat of an exception for Egypt, however they won a political victory mostly
Iran-Iraq war, Iraq had enormous superiority against Iran in the later years but couldn't capitalize on it due to incompetence
Saudi Arabia against Iraq in the gulf war and now against Yemen, sure they're arabs fighting arabs, but it shows how they can't get their shit together, arab wars almost always end up in stagnation
Syria vs rebels/ISIS/AQ, again mostly arab infighting but Assad has overwhelming conventional superiority and he is unable to use it because his army can't fight a modern war, foreign fighters usually prove to be much better(Russians, Chechens and so on)

Other muslim are usually much superior to Arabs in war. Afghans, especially Pashtuns, Central Asians, Persians, Pakistanis...

There's few things on earth harder than an Afghan. Just breaks my heart seeing the ANP and ANA getting demolished like that.
There's a place in Helmand called Sangin that the Taliban took control of earlier this year. Upwards of 1000+ ANA and ANP died after they were handed control by coalition forces. One battalion alone (3rd Bn 5th Marines) took over 200 casualties (20-25%) during their 7 month deployment a few years prior. All for nothing...

There's a place in Helmand called Sangin that the Taliban took control of earlier this year. Upwards of 1000+ ANA and ANP died after they were handed control by coalition forces. One battalion alone (3rd Bn 5th Marines) took over 200 casualties (20-25%) during their 7 month deployment a few years prior. All for nothing...

I'm not that impressed tbh. They have no rules of engagement that they follow.

If you allowed any 1st world military that same advantage, they'd wipe out anything they wanted to in the Middle East at will. Guerrilla tactics always makes the side using it look tougher than they actually are until you realize it's the only option they have because they aren't nearly as tough as who they are forced to use it against.

You realize Trump approved a $100 billion sale of weapons to Saudi Arabia, the largest funder of terrorism, right?

Of course you did. You're really smart.

The truth about President Trump's $110 billion Saudi arms deal

During his first visit to a foreign nation as president, President Trump announced a massive deal: $110 billion in arms sales to Saudi Arabia. He called the agreement "tremendous" and bragged about the billions of dollars in investments and jobs that would be brought to the United States as a result.

But the reality is that the U.S. is no where close to receiving that kind of money, at least right now. ABC News found only approximately $25 billion of the $110 billion in the actual pipeline, and future sales are not guaranteed.

"The $110 billion deal that the president announced doesn't really exist," said Bruce Riedel, director of the Brookings Intelligence Project and a former CIA officer, who noted the discrepancy in Trump's announcement in an article Monday for Brookings, which first shed light on this aspect of the deal.

foreign fighters usually prove to be much better(Russians, Chechens and so on)

Other muslim are usually much superior to Arabs in war. Afghans, especially Pashtuns, Central Asians, Persians, Pakistanis...

Its amazing how things still go back to people with an established historical warrior tradition churning out better soldiers. The funny thing is the arabs have a pretty good military history other than modern times.

Yeah I was in Helmand Province in 2011. All of our positions are back under Taliban control.

The sensation should not be about them having but when they used it.

so one group cant do jumping jacks and one understands how to operate night vision. how does that happen.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I've seen 50 or so fail the jumping jack challenge, and now they're using bore sighted weapons, advanced optics, and night vision goggles?

Its amazing how things still go back to people with an established historical warrior tradition churning out better soldiers. The funny thing is the arabs have a pretty good military history other than modern times.
I've read a lot about that, my take on it is that there are two definitions of Arabs. Bedouins(in the past they were just called Arabs, I think it's the same in the Qu'ran), these guys live in the desert and are good fighters, Israel uses them in their army and they also did the brunt of the fighting when Lawrence of Arabia recruited arabs against the Ottoman empire. Libya and Egypt also created their early armies out of bedouins, they are good fighters but not very sophisticated, they're mostly illiterate, you can't train fighter pilots or even good tank drivers out of them easily.
Although Muhammad was a city dweller I believe, most arabs at his time were at least partly bedouin(even mecca or medina citizens had to travel by horse or camel and live out in the desert to conduct trade), and these were the guys that conquered the Middle East. Good fighters in general.

The other kind of Arab, the modern kind, are the sedentary middle eastern people that happen to speak Arabic because they were conquered but come from many different origins like Egyptians, Syrians, Iraqis and so on. I personally find that self identification rather weird, even black guys in the Sudan call themselves Arab(and oppress other blacks who don't identify as Arab), I feel it's like if Mexicans called themselves spaniards or Jamaicans called themselves English.
These guys were for the most part never known for being warriors.
During the middle ages they relied on Turkic or European slave warriors, guys like Saladin(kurdish IIRC) is revered as a kind of early arab hero but his army consisted mostly of Seljuk turks. The Mamelukes were also mostly turkic*.

*You probably know that but for these that don't know, Turkic is not the same as Turkish, it includes people that speak turkic languages, not modern Turkey citizens only.

LOL I was thinking the same thing. I've seen 50 or so fail the jumping jack challenge, and now they're using bore sighted weapons, advanced optics, and night vision goggles?
Not the same people. Kabul city dwellers are not the same as the Pashtuns that live in the mountains. It's like comparing rural texans that grow with a gun in their hands to kids that play COD in an apartment.

I feel it's like if Mexicans called themselves spaniards

But that was the reality until we achieved independence and erased that link.

At least for white Mexicans at the time, the moniker for them was Criollo or Americano, while Spanish born were called Peninsulares. Subjects were called Hispanos.

Because Spain itself is not a real country, is a collection of kingdoms with Castillian as lingua franca.

The reason disctinction was established is a byproduct of enlightment values and independentist movements across latin America trying to eliminate the old model and establishing republics where all men were equal.

And part of said struggles involved eliminating castes and the link to the old world. So New Spain became Mexico and all castes were abolished and became Mexicans.

Arabs on the other hand, they all look too similar and they had far more time for direct rule and never really severed any influence on their own.

The same could be said of modern Turks and other Turkic people who look nothing like real Turks living in central Asia and Siberia.

Basically what happened to Italians.

Don't let their short stature fool you. They are ferocious little fuckers and know their desert like the back of their hand.

9303b23933b089586bfc442f06b2f988.jpg
i wonder how many people could describe the back of their hand accurately

Back