Tamper Tantrum (Mueller Thread v. 17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol this has nothing to do with this story at all.

Lobbying and Campaign Finance are their own topics lol

I don't know man. Isn't that what the whole Russian narrative is?

Am I being asked to believe that the FSB doesn't operate through multi-national corporations, lobby groups, think tanks, NGO's, ect. like the CIA does, and every other intelligence agency worth their salt?

Specifics?

I'm not trying to be argumentative here.

I have basically tuned out on this, and am curious.

He called people that worked for him and basically told them to say that all of their lobbying was done in Europe and none in the US.

He also sent the messages from burner phones. One of the guys got scared about it and told the feds.

Yes it is. Asking people to commit perjury is a big deal.
When I hear about people raping children, beating the shit out of their girlfriends in meth fueled rages and shit this seems so low tier but I'm also probably jaded cause of my job.

So what do you guys think happens now? Manafort takes his chances with the trial? Trump pardons him? Manafort flips?

So what do you guys think happens now? Manafort takes his chances with the trial? Trump pardons him? Manafort flips?
He pleas.

Gets sentenced to 6 months

Spends 2 behind bars or none at all as most sentences have a "with credit for time served" section in them.

We forget in 72 hours as the news cycle will have turned over by then.

He pleas.

Spends 2 behind bars or none at all as most sentences have a "with credit for time served" section in them.

Someone woke up feeling extra cynical today....

He called people that worked for him and basically told them to say that all of their lobbying was done in Europe and none in the US.

He also sent the messages from burner phones. One of the guys got scared about it and told the feds.

Lol @ burner phone.

Someone woke up feeling extra cynical today....
This is what happens when you have a 70 something year old on your first appearance calendar for Child Rape 1 with a 10 year old victim.

He pleas.

... you seem unaware that Manafort is facing a potential sentence of several hundred years.

1.) I haven't followed this all that close because people have been doing the "this is it, Trump's going down" thing literally every week since the beginning of January 2017 and literally jack and shit has happened

2.) To act like witness tampering is some "OMG THIS IS SO BAD" sorta thing when it actually isn't.

Aren't you an LEO? If someone was coaching another person to lie to you while responding to a call you'd be totally cool with it. No biggie.

He pleas.

Isn't Federal time for time, no early release or time served

Well, one that wasn't listed to him - surely ever millionaire has a pay as you go phone that isn't registered lol.

Some of the messages were encrypted as well.

Encrypted message burner phone at least doesn't make him sound like a retarded street level hood.

I had immediate flash backs to the wire when I read that. Sheeeeit.

... you seem unaware that Manafort is facing a potential sentence of several hundred years.
And guys arrested for Assault 1 with a deadly weapon are facing 25-life and usually at the end only get 3 years if they don't have a criminal history the length of Yao Ming's height.

I'd honestly wager Manafort never sees the inside of a cell outside of his time spent in one pre-trial.

Aren't you an LEO? If someone was coaching another person to lie to you while responding to a call you'd be totally cool with it. No biggie.
Clerk. I wouldn't be cool with it but on the ladder of fucked up shit that people can do to coerce witnesses just coaching a person to lie is pretty low on the totem pole when there's guys out there that have gotten the shit kicked out of them in jail by another inmate's friends because they are a witness.

And again, you charge him but like I said, on the list of fucked up shit you see/hear in the criminal justice system this is pretty tame in comparison.

Isn't Federal time for time, no early release or time served
Might be but he won't be going to the Federal version of Pelican Bay or Walla Walla. His prison time will look like a really shitty version of a Malibu drug treatment center.

Just look at the facility that Martha Stewart was in as an example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back