Tamper Tantrum (Mueller Thread v. 17)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stolen from Reddit:

You know, there's really no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia, except for the
Flynn Thing
Manafort Thing
Tillerson Thing
Sessions Thing
Kushner Thing
Wray Thing
Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius "Russian Law Firm of the Year" Thing
Carter Page Thing
Roger Stone Thing
Felix Sater Thing
Boris Epshteyn Thing
Rosneft Thing
Gazprom Thing (see above)
Sergey Gorkov banker Thing
Azerbaijan Thing
"I Love Putin" Thing
Lavrov Thing
Sergey Kislyak Thing
Oval Office Thing
Gingrich Kislyak Phone Calls Thing
Russian Business Interest Thing
Emoluments Clause Thing
Alex Schnaider Thing
Hack of the DNC Thing
Guccifer 2.0 Thing
Mike Pence "I don't know anything" Thing
Russians Mysteriously Dying Thing
Trump's public request to Russia to hack Hillary's email Thing
Trump house sale for $100 million at the bottom of the housing bust to the Russian fertilizer king Thing
Russian fertilizer king's plane showing up in Concord, NC during Trump rally campaign Thing
Nunes sudden flight to the White House in the night Thing
Nunes personal investments in the Russian winery Thing
Cyprus bank Thing
Trump not Releasing his Tax Returns Thing
the Republican Party's rejection of an amendment to require Trump to show his taxes thing
Election Hacking Thing
GOP platform change to the Ukraine Thing
Steele Dossier Thing
Sally Yates Can't Testify Thing
Intelligence Community's Investigative Reports Thing
Trump reassurance that the Russian connection is all "fake news" Thing
Chaffetz not willing to start an Investigation Thing
Chaffetz suddenly deciding to go back to private life in the middle of an investigation Thing
Appointment of Pam Bondi who was bribed by Trump in the Trump University scandal appointed to head the investigation Thing The White House going into cover-up mode, refusing to turn over the documents related to the hiring and firing of Flynn Thing
Chaffetz and White House blaming the poor vetting of Flynn on Obama Thing
Poland and British intelligence gave information regarding the hacking back in 2015 to Paul Ryan and he didn't do anything Thing
Agent MI6 following the money thing
Trump team KNEW about Flynn's involvement but hired him anyway Thing
Let's Fire Comey Thing
Election night Russian trademark gifts Things
Russian diplomatic compound electronic equipment destruction Thing
let's give back the diplomatic compounds back to the Russians Thing
Let's Back Away From Cuba Thing
Donny Jr met with Russians Thing
Donny Jr emails details "Russian Government's support for Trump" Thing
Trump's secret second meeting with his boss Putin Thing

There has clearly been quite a few additions since this list was compiled

Stolen from Reddit:

There has clearly been quite a few additions since this list was compiled

What really scares me is...

To the average Trump supporter, it's just easier to digest and swallow "witch hunt!" then it is to process all of that. They see this entire mountain, and the little dirt mound that Trump just built by destroying a child's sandcastle, and they just pick what's easiest to shout from the top of.

For a while, it seemed like a lot of people were willing to abandon everything they believe to stay "winning". There's simply no doubt that's completely the case anymore. I honestly can't think of anything that would get these people to denounce him, other than a second Trump. Even then, they'd probably just split into two equal factions.

We're at the point where "there was no russia collusion" is a factually incorrect statement. Members of the campaign worked with Russians to influence the election. This is literally a fact. And yet we still have 40% of the country pretending otherwise because no one went to the Whitehouse and put handcuffs on Trump yet. That's scary.

Last edited:
Really?

Man! She dodged a bullet!

Speaking of dodging a bullet.

980x.jpg

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-roger-stone-meeting-washington-post-strike-russia-c73ae57a12c9/

Trump encourages Post employees to strike, hours after paper breaks bombshell Russia collusion story

Just hours after The Washington Post published a bombshell story about a previously undisclosed May 2016 meeting between Roger Stone and a Russian national who promised political dirt about Hillary Clinton, President Trump encouraged Post employees to go on strike.

“Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough,” Trump tweeted. “I think a really long strike would be a great idea. Employees would get more money and we would get rid of Fake News for an extended period of time! Is @WaPo a registered lobbyist?”

Washington Post employees want to go on strike because Bezos isn’t paying them enough. I think a really long strike would be a great idea. Employees would get more money and we would get rid of Fake News for an extended period of time! Is @WaPo a registered lobbyist?

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 17, 2018

Trump’s tweet, coming as it does on the heels of the Post’s report, is the latest evidence that his repeated attacks on Washington Post owner Jeff Bezos are motivated by the publication’s coverage of Trump — not any sort of principled concern about the state of the postal service or well-being of Post employees.

The Post reported that Stone — a longtime Trump adviser — met in May 2016 with a man who called himself Henry Greenberg. Greenberg initially contacted Trump campaign communications official Michael Caputo and offered dirt about Hillary, and Caputo responded by arranging the meeting with Stone.

According to text messages Stone sent to Caputo after the meeting that have been obtained by the Post, Greenberg — who has at times used the name Henry Oknyansky and claimed in a 2015 court filing to be an FBI informant — asked for $2 million in exchange for his information.

Asked by Caputo if Greenberg offered “Anything interesting at all?”, Stone replied, “No.”

Stone failed to disclose his meeting with Greenberg during his sworn testimony to the House Intelligence Committee in September 2017. During an interview on Sunday morning on C-SPAN, Stone said he simply forgot about the the episode until the Post’s report.

On CSPAN, Roger Stone claims he simply forgot about his meeting with a Russian national who offered him dirt on Hillary in May 2016 during his sworn testimony, and that's why he didn't disclose it until the Washington Post reported about it. #oops pic.twitter.com/05cfqORX2A

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) June 17, 2018

The Post’s report comes less than a month after The Wall Street Journal obtained emails indicating Stone withheld key documents from the House Intelligence Committee that indicate he lied about his communications with a radio host he hoped would serve as a backchannel to WikiLeaks during the 2016 campaign.

A lawyer for Stone, Grant Smith, responded to the Journal’s report by claiming, lamely, that the emails weren’t turned over to the House Intelligence Committee because they were “not encompassed within the scope of the committee’s request.” But the committee’s investigation, which was recently ended by a pro-Trump faction led by chairman Devin Nunes (R-CA), was about Russia’s efforts to meddle in the election — precisely what Stone was discussing with the radio host in the email.

As The Post details, “Stone and Caputo’s interactions with Greenberg mean that at least 11 Trump associates or campaign officials have acknowledged interactions with a Russian during the election season or presidential transition.” In December 2016 and January 2017, incoming White House counselor Kellyanne Conway and Vice President-elect Mike Pence both categorically denied during TV interviews that there was any contact between the Trump campaign and Russia at all.

During a CNN interview on Sunday, Trump lawyer Rudy Giuliani downplayed the Post’s report by arguing that while Stone may have been willing to collude with Russia, he didn’t successfully pull it off, so it’s no big deal.

GIULIANI, SHORTER: Roger Stone may have tried to collude with Russia, but I believe his effort was unsuccessful, so meh pic.twitter.com/kZKBxXEGoG

— Aaron Rupar (@atrupar) June 17, 2018

“It seems to me… whatever the differing recollections about this, it sorta gets resolved with the fact that Stone did nothing about it,” Giuliani said. “He came to the conclusion according to the Post that it was a waste of time.”

The Stone-Greenberg meeting occurred a month before top Trump campaign officials met at Trump Tower with a Russian agent who promised them political dirt about Hillary Clinton. Team Trump has tried to downplay that meeting with a similar line of argument: While they may have been willing to collude, that doesn’t matter since they weren’t able to do so.

It remains unclear, however, exactly what information was passed from Russian agents to the Trump campaign, and what team Trump did with it.

I wish I could see Melania's face for that. It looks like she had a reaction to it.

I think she was amused by it...as you could see she was smiling and then immediately turned her head away just off-camera if you look closely.

I think Donald was thinking "Maybe I shouldn't grab her by the pussy with my wife present this time"....

Ah, so this was what Caputo was talking about when he said that Mueller's team knew more about his 2016 calendar than he did, that they knew about the meeting he scheduled for Roger Stone with a Russian agent that both he and Stone had been trying to keep secret from them, and that they were spear fishing instead of net fishing. Maybe even Tucker Carlson will not invite him back now for not being honest about turning down this Russian. Yeah, Mueller's team didn't care about his dishonest info, two years later, because Mueller already had his texts messages with Roger Stone about it. Caputo trying to tie this into the "spygate" bullshit might have been the reason for the "spygate" bullshit in the first place.

Last edited:
Ah, so this was what Caputo was talking about when he said that Mueller's team knew more about his 2016 calendar than he did, that they knew about the meeting he scheduled for Roger Stone with a Russian agent that both he and Stone had been trying to keep secret from them, and that they were spear fishing instead of net fishing. Maybe even Tucker Carlson will not invite him back now for not being honest about turning down this Russian. Yeah, Mueller's team didn't care about his dishonest info, two years later, because Mueller already had his texts messages with Roger Stone about it. Caputo trying to tie this into the "spygate" bullshit might have been the reason for the "spygate" bullshit in the first place.

Ahh so it was Caputo who made the comment about knowing his own personal calendar better than himself.. lmao get wrecked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back