Tank: I'm ready for Lomachenko

aries

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Well Davis has changed his tune about a possible match up against Lomachenko. He had a good outing against Cuellar and looked pretty sharp in there. But I don't think he's gonna be able to handle Lomachenko. It would be a great match up though so I hope it happens. He did have one caveat though and that's that the fight has to be on PPV.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/4/...r-lomachenko-if-theyre-ready-to-put-it-on-ppv

Fun match but that is so not a ppv fight. Loma doesn't even headline HBO/SHOWTIME cards. He's an ESPN fighter which I think is genius from a marketing standpoint. People can't be fans if they don't see him fight.

I think he crushes Tank but at the same time Tank is the kind of fighter it will take to actually beat Loma. Someone with stupid power who also throws body shots. I don't see anyone out boxing Loma so someone will either have to be super ultra hyper dirty like Salido or just put his lights out with a crazy punch. Tank has the power but I don't know if he has anything else.

Lomachenko destroys him. Davis won't be able to anticipate or keep that mental pace.

Well Davis has changed his tune about a possible match up against Lomachenko. He had a good outing against Cuellar and looked pretty sharp in there. But I don't think he's gonna be able to handle Lomachenko. It would be a great match up though so I hope it happens. He did have one caveat though and that's that the fight has to be on PPV.

https://www.badlefthook.com/2018/4/...r-lomachenko-if-theyre-ready-to-put-it-on-ppv

I’d buy it. Loma wins but won’t be easy, and this fight doesn’t happen imo

He looked pretty good against Cuellar. I don't think he has what it takes to beat Lomachenko but I like the fight more than I did a week ago.

I’d buy it. Loma wins but won’t be easy, and this fight doesn’t happen imo
It might not happen, seems like Lomachenko has a few different fighters calling out his name now as apparently Pacquiao wants to fight him as well for his retirement match.

Here comes my unpopular opinion

If Davis Faces Farmer and

He beats Farmer with a KO, he will win a decision against Loma.
He beats Farmer with a decision, he will lose a decision against Loma.

lomachenko will make him look foolish.

Is Loma going to continue to duck Tyson? He called that ass out 4 months ago!

The potential Tank fight is a non-starter with the PPV clause (roadblock), among other things, such as Floyd desiring it to be a unification fight when he knows that Loma will vacate his WBO title at SFW when he beats Linares for his titles (WBA Super & Ring Magazine) at Lightweight next month. He'll have to vacate it according to the rules. When he does that he'll then have no titles at Super Featherweight. Obviously, you can't make a unification bout when only one guy has a world title in the division and the other no longer does. Floyd likely managed to get more eyes on Tank's fight against Cuellar though (don't know what the ratings did) and it could help the ratings for Loma's fight against Linares on ESPN.

Tank looked real good against Cuellar but it didn't exactly erase his performance against Fonseca.

really if he wants to beat Loma he needs to be able to counter well enough to make Loma not feel comfortable just pouring shots on people. Davis is good and i like his uppercuts a lot plus his power is real good but could he be successful like that over the course of a 12 rounder?

lets see how Loma looks against Linares first.

Loma breaks Tank forever. His feeble mental game will be shattered.

Is Loma going to continue to duck Tyson? He called that ass out 4 months ago!

The potential Tank fight is a non-starter with the PPV clause (roadblock), among other things, such as Floyd desiring it to be a unification fight when he knows that Loma will vacate his WBO title at SFW when he beats Linares for his titles (WBA Super & Ring Magazine) at Lightweight next month. He'll have to vacate it according to the rules. When he does that he'll then have no titles at Super Featherweight. Obviously, you can't make a unification bout when only one guy has a world title in the division and the other no longer does. Floyd likely managed to get more eyes on Tank's fight against Cuellar though (don't know what the ratings did) and it could help the ratings for Loma's fight against Linares on ESPN.

Who said Lomachenko has to vacate? Has he said he won't fight at 130 after the Linares fight?

Floyd likely managed to get more eyes on Tank's fight against Cuellar though (don't know what the ratings did) and it could help the ratings for Loma's fight against Linares on ESPN.
Davis-Cuellar peaked at 527k.

Who said Lomachenko has to vacate? Has he said he won't fight at 130 after the Linares fight?
Who's worth fighting at 130? You have Linares and Garcia at 135 who both are clearly better competition than anyone at 130.

Who's worth fighting at 130? You have Linares and Garcia at 135 who both are clearly better competition than anyone at 130.
Gervontae Davis, who Lomachenko called out a few months ago?

We all know the Garcia fight isn't happening.

Gervontae Davis, who Lomachenko called out a few months ago?

We all know the Garcia fight isn't happening.
Pressure, body shots, and some dirty ruffian inside fighting, patched with his power....I think Davis could beat Loma

Pressure, body shots, and some dirty ruffian inside fighting, patched with his power....I think Davis could beat Loma
Well, you're lot more confident than Davis and his handlers.

Back