Tape proves Gen. Kelly LIED to smear Congresswoman Wilson...

And the Trump WH is rushing out condolence letters now - using "UPS Overnight" to rush them to families since Trump made his bullshit claim that he had reached out to all families of those servicemen who lost their lives during his Administration.

At least three families of service members killed months ago said that they have now received rush-delivered condolence letters from President Trump.

The families told The Atlantic that they are now receiving letters from Trump after he faced criticism for not calling the families of fallen service members, after claiming he had done so. Many of the letters, according to The Atlantic, were sent next-day by UPS.

Timothy Eckels’ son was killed when the USS John S. McCain collided with an oil tanker on Aug. 21, but Eckels said he didn’t receive a letter from Trump until Oct. 20 — two days into the controversy over Trump contacting the families of fallen soldiers.

“Honestly, I feel the letter is reactionary to the media storm brewing over how these things have been handled,” Eckels told The Atlantic.

“I’ve received letters from McCain, Mattis, and countless other officials before his. I wasn’t sure if the fact that the accident that caused Timothy’s death has still yet to officially have the cause determined played into the timing of our president’s response.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...eceive-rush-delivered-condolence-letters-from

WH Aides were in a panic upon hearing Trump make that claim during the presser, knowing it was false and "hustled" to try to get an up to date list from DoD -

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted nearly every family that had lost a military servicemember this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate — but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.

The exchange between the White House and the Defense secretary’s office occurred about 5 p.m. on Oct. 17. The White House asked the Pentagon for information about surviving family members of all servicemembers killed after Trump’s inauguration so that the president could be sure to contact all of them.

Capt. Hallock Mohler, the executive secretary to Defense Secretary James Mattis, provided the White House with information in the 5 p.m. email about how each servicemember had died and the identity of his or her survivors, including phone numbers.

The email’s subject line was, “Condolence Letters Since 20 January 2017.”

Mohler indicated in the email that he was responding to a request from the president’s staff for information through Ylber Bajraktari, an aide on the National Security Council. The objective was to figure out who among so-called Gold Star families of the fallen Trump had yet to call. Mohler’s email said that the president’s aides “reached out to Ylber looking for the following ASAP from DOD.”
https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/after-trump-claim-white-house-still-lacked-casualty-list
url

Can this administration do nothing right?

All this drama could have been prevented if Trump did'nt have a pathological need to try and one up Obama and other presidents who came before him.

amateur moves by the administration

"I believe" makes it not a lie. He can believe something, and be mistaken. Using the words "I believe" and "virtually" is an admission of uncertainty.

You know what he didn't say, which is the lie that is being pushed here?

"I definitely have called every single fallen soldier's family."

The only liars here, are Liberals twisting his words to fit their narrative, and trying to smear a guy for sending out condolence letters. Keep it up though. It's a winning strategy.
"I believe" only makes him incompetent for believing something that's not remotely close to being true. A president uncertain of the number of military personnel killed in action under his command? He should spend more time researching the number of dead military personnel than he does the number of NFL players kneeing for the national anthem, perhaps.

"I believe" only makes him incompetent for believing something that's not remotely close to being true. A president uncertain of the number of military personnel killed in action under his command? He should spend more time researching the number of dead military personnel than he does the number of NFL players kneeing for the national anthem, perhaps.
No, no, the leader of the free world shouldn't have to say accurate things that can be backed up with facts!
What a ridiculous standard.

I think the very notion of a "generally good thing" is where the real disagreement is. To hiveminders, whatever someone in their tribe does is good.
We haven't gotten past the initial denial, it appears. But that will come next no doubt. Thanks for autistically screeching with me!

You can think what you want. I'm just telling you, all this screeching is doing your side no favors. The only people reading that as:

"Evil Trump sends condolence letters by rush delivery, to cover for blatant lie about contacting families of dead solders!!!"

...are screeching Liberals.

Most sane people are thinking:

"Does it matter? Is there any level these whining Libs won't sink to, to attack the President? He's sending out letters to fallen soldiers' families, and somehow that's still bad in their damaged minds? Are these people for real? Christ, you'd think he was trying to force mentally disturbed men into bathrooms with your wives and daughters, or decriminalizing intentionally infecting people with HIV. And they wonder to this day why they lost, and nobody likes them."

Most sane people are thinking:

"Does it matter? Is there any level these whining Libs won't sink to, to attack the President? He's sending out letters to fallen soldiers' families, and somehow that's still bad in their damaged minds? Are these people for real? Christ, you'd think he was trying to force mentally disturbed men into bathrooms with your wives and daughters, or decriminalizing intentionally infecting people with HIV. And they wonder to this day why they lost, and nobody likes them."

That is not what goes on in the mind of a sane person.

That is not what goes on in the mind of a sane person.

You're right. The sane ones are attacking the President for sending out condolence letters to the families of fallen soldiers.

You're right. The sane ones are attacking the President for sending out condolence letters to the families of fallen soldiers.
You tried to do an impression of a sane person, and it sounded batshit crazy.

Of course it would sound insane to an insane person.
I'll be sure to chalk this up to Trump's accomplishments:

• Only lied about sending condolence letters to 30% of gold star families.

Maybe bobby geese can add that one to his scroll bomb.

I'll be sure to chalk this up to Trump's accomplishments:

• Only lied about sending condolence letters to 30% of gold star families.

No Sawlty, that would be a lie.

How ironic.

See, I'm not willing to say he outright lied.
I think he thought the truth really was as partisan as his memory made it.
It's clear his memory isn't the incredibly accurate hard drive he thinks of it as.

And the Trump WH is rushing out condolence letters now - using "UPS Overnight" to rush them to families since Trump made his bullshit claim that he had reached out to all families of those servicemen who lost their lives during his Administration.

At least three families of service members killed months ago said that they have now received rush-delivered condolence letters from President Trump.

The families told The Atlantic that they are now receiving letters from Trump after he faced criticism for not calling the families of fallen service members, after claiming he had done so. Many of the letters, according to The Atlantic, were sent next-day by UPS.

Timothy Eckels’ son was killed when the USS John S. McCain collided with an oil tanker on Aug. 21, but Eckels said he didn’t receive a letter from Trump until Oct. 20 — two days into the controversy over Trump contacting the families of fallen soldiers.

“Honestly, I feel the letter is reactionary to the media storm brewing over how these things have been handled,” Eckels told The Atlantic.

“I’ve received letters from McCain, Mattis, and countless other officials before his. I wasn’t sure if the fact that the accident that caused Timothy’s death has still yet to officially have the cause determined played into the timing of our president’s response.”
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...eceive-rush-delivered-condolence-letters-from

WH Aides were in a panic upon hearing Trump make that claim during the presser, knowing it was false and "hustled" to try to get an up to date list from DoD -

In the hours after President Donald Trump said on an Oct. 17 radio broadcast that he had contacted nearly every family that had lost a military servicemember this year, the White House was hustling to learn from the Pentagon the identities and contact information for those families, according to an internal Defense Department email.

The email exchange, which has not been previously reported, shows that senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate — but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.

Not only had the president not contacted virtually all the families of military personnel killed this year, the White House did not even have an up-to-date list of those who had been killed.

The exchange between the White House and the Defense secretary’s office occurred about 5 p.m. on Oct. 17. The White House asked the Pentagon for information about surviving family members of all servicemembers killed after Trump’s inauguration so that the president could be sure to contact all of them.

Capt. Hallock Mohler, the executive secretary to Defense Secretary James Mattis, provided the White House with information in the 5 p.m. email about how each servicemember had died and the identity of his or her survivors, including phone numbers.

The email’s subject line was, “Condolence Letters Since 20 January 2017.”

Mohler indicated in the email that he was responding to a request from the president’s staff for information through Ylber Bajraktari, an aide on the National Security Council. The objective was to figure out who among so-called Gold Star families of the fallen Trump had yet to call. Mohler’s email said that the president’s aides “reached out to Ylber looking for the following ASAP from DOD.”
https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/after-trump-claim-white-house-still-lacked-casualty-list
He's such an imbecile.

See, I'm not willing to say he outright lied.
I think he thought the truth really was as partisan as his memory made it.
It's clear his memory isn't the incredibly accurate hard drive he thinks of it as.
Or she said something not on the stage. Or maybe it was just him remembering a three year old speech like you said

Fuck anybody complaining about a president calling families or sending letters
Seriously

Fuck anybody complaining about a president calling families or sending letters
Seriously

No dude, it's part of the Democrats' strategy for 2020.

"So get this, America. Trump once believed that he had sent virtually every gold star family a letter of condolence. Back at the White House, they informed him that there were still a few families that he had not contacted. So you know what this disgusting monster does? Rather than sit on his hands and not care, he actually sends them letters of condolences as quickly as possible. Can you believe that? We can not let that kind of deplorable behavior continue."

No dude, it's part of the Democrats' strategy for 2020.

"So get this, America. Trump once believed that he had sent virtually every gold star family a letter of condolence. Back at the White House, they informed him that there were still a few families that he had not contacted. So you know what this disgusting monster does? Rather than sit on his hands and not care, he actually sends them letters of condolences as quickly as possible. Can you believe that? We can not let that kind of deplorable behavior continue."
Any party's strategy OUGHT to be using lies against those who tell them.

Back