Targabot Robotic Moving Range Target.

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
Tell me this wouldn't be fun as hell. But at a price point between 2k - 3k it's something that will have to sit on the wish list for the foreseeable future. *Sigh*

Targabot Robotic Target

Very interesting but yeah it's spendy.

I wonder how difficult it would be to take a small electric motor like a fan or power wheels car battery & motor, hook it up to a remote, etc. Attach a large bike sprocket, attach a small linear push rod actuator to it and then a paper target to that. Mount it behind an ar500 plate. Obviously you would need a friend to operate it but it could be a decent poor man's version. Probably a few hundred and some trial and error.

You could probably make a spinning version that doesn't actuate that you can operate by yourself.

I wonder how difficult it would be to take a small electric motor like a fan or power wheels car battery & motor, hook it up to a remote, etc. Attach a large bike sprocket, attach a small linear push rod actuator to it and then a paper target to that. Mount it behind an ar500 plate. Obviously you would need a friend to operate it but it could be a decent poor man's version. Probably a few hundred and some trial and error.

You could probably make a spinning version that doesn't actuate that you can operate by yourself.
Yeah. You can find some interesting DIY setups to move targets, with most of them of the pendulum variety. I think what would be the most difficult is the randomness programmable in the Targabot. But just to work on tracking movement the pendulum setup would work.

You know, for what some people spend on their firearms it probably wouldn't be that outrageous of a purchase. Many people have at least 1k invested in their weapons, especially their AR's. But like I said, out of price range any time soon.

I bet @Chesten_Hesten could sort it out.

Oh wait, i just looked, i thought this was about making a running target.

That thing's like a gopher slapper.

One day ill rigg up a moving target to do lead shots at 100 with 22 rimfires.

So, for a very budget red neck solution I’ve seen done before, just take an RC car and mount a target to a 2x4 attached to the thing. Have a buddy drive it around

Supper fun, and good for some laughs

Back