Tatiana Suarez Only Has 6 Fights And Could Probably Win The Title Right Now.

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Call me crazy if you want but Tatiana Suarez's grappling is several notches above anyone else in that strawweight division. She was an Olympic caliber wrestler before transitioning to MMA and probably would have fulfilled that dream if not for cancer.

Now she's in MMA and looking at how she's fared so far.. Man, I don't see many of these women beating her. Her wrestling is just too strong and her BJJ looks improved 10-fold each time she steps into the cage. She took out Grasso, Sherdog's darling like she was nothing.

She was ranked #12 going into UFC Chile, she just beat #9 in Grasso. She'll get another top 10 fighter next time out, probably someone like Michelle Waterson (who she'll crush). Thing is, with lack of depth in that division she'll be looking a title shot in the face within 2-3 fights max.

And hell, I think she has a good shot at winning it. What do you guys think?

Strong wrestlers are rare in WMMA. Very few straw-weights are gonna be able to deal with Suarez's wrestling.

Call me crazy if you want but Tatiana Suarez's grappling is several notches above anyone else in that strawweight division. She was an Olympic caliber wrestler before transitioning to MMA and probably would have fulfilled that dream if not for cancer.

Now she's in MMA and looking at how she's fared so far.. Man, I don't see many of these women beating her. Her wrestling is just too strong and her BJJ looks improved 10-fold each time she steps into the cage. She took out Grasso, Sherdog's darling like she was nothing.

She was ranked #12 going into UFC Chile, she just beat #9 in Grasso. She'll get another top 10 fighter next time out, probably someone like Michelle Waterson (who she'll crush). Thing is, with lack of depth in that division she'll be looking a title shot in the face within 2-3 fights max.

you are not crazy at all. World class wrestlers usually dominate in MMA

Yes she might be able to but on the other hand Gadelha, Joanna or (especially) Andrade might be able to stop her. Andrade almost has the strength of a man, or at least a BW lol.

She can definitely get a TS in 2 fights in they're big enough wins. Wonder who'd win between her and Andrade?

Yes she might be able to but on the other hand Gadelha, Joanna or (especially) Andrade might be able to stop her. Andrade almost has the strength of a man, or at least a BW lol.

She can definitely get a TS in 2 fights in they're big enough wins. Wonder who'd win between her and Andrade?

I think Gadelha and Andrade are definitely her two toughest fights in that division just because they seem so damn physically strong. I'd love to see those fights eventually. I think she rag dolls Rose and Joanna tbh. Good matchups for her.

For sure. She will be a champion very soon because Rose is no match.

I'll like to see Suarez put a beating on Joanna Contender as well.

If Grasso couldn't do anything, no one will.

I think Gadelha and Andrade are definitely her two toughest fights in that division just because they seem so damn physically strong. I'd love to see those fights eventually. I think she rag dolls Rose and Joanna tbh. Good matchups for her.
I put Joanna because she was able to fend off Gadelha, Andrade and Esparza despite looking so thin and weak. lol

Suarez is the best 115'er on the planet right now. Period.

I remember around TUF 10 when people said TUF would never produce another champ after Matt Serra.

Edit: I realized this is 115 not 125.

I don't think Suarez beats the girls at the top of the 115 division, but she is right there.

You're not crazy at all.
She beats Rose tomorrow.
Agreed. Rose is one of the better matchups for her at 115.

I put Joanna because she was able to fend off Gadelha, Andrade and Esparza despite looking so thin and weak. lol
Yeah Joanna has good TDD despite being so rail-thin. I still think Suarez is multiple levels above either of them in terms of grappling though.

she be champ next year. all she need to do is stay healthy.

Have to laugh at all the idiots who say, "omg, only 6 fights?!".

It's not about your record, it's about who you beat, and how good you look. Vasyl Lomachenko is/was considered a P4P god in boxing after 1 pro fight.

For sure. She will be a champion very soon because Rose is no match.

I'll like to see Suarez put a beating on Joanna Contender as well.

If Grasso couldn't do anything, no one will.
tenor.gif

If the girl whos a single judges scorecard from being 1-3 in the UFC cant beat her, no one can!!!11

Yea she probably can.

I'm not that sold on Rose yet.. and a wrestler could be just the thing to make her lose the belt.

Grasso is Sherdog’s darling? I’ll admit I’m high on her, always will be, but I was the only one picking her to Win Saturday. If anything, everyone’s high on Suarez. People love to worship anyone with a “0” in the loss column.

If Rose is still champ,probably. Although Andrade will probably be champ by the time she gets her shot, which is a much harder matchup for her.

Grasso is Sherdog’s darling? I’ll admit I’m high on her, always will be, but I was the only one picking her to Win Saturday. If anything, everyone’s high on Suarez. People love to worship anyone with a “0” in the loss column.
I like Grasso a lot, she's got some nice boxing for sure.. Although, I did pick Suarez to beat her.

Back