Tatiana Suarez Only Has 6 Fights And Could Probably Win The Title Right Now.

Grasso is Sherdog’s darling? I’ll admit I’m high on her, always will be, but I was the only one picking her to Win Saturday. If anything, everyone’s high on Suarez. People love to worship anyone with a “0” in the loss column.
Grasso definitely was. Going 2-2 in her first 4 changed some things but when she signed with the UFC everyone was calling her the uncrowned champ. She still has a lot of fans around here.

If Rose doesnt want to fight u til winter, do Andrade vs Suarez #1 contender

Interesting remark. Do you think she could make Joanna Ex Champ tap to strikes?

For sure. She will be a champion very soon because Rose is no match.

I'll like to see Suarez put a beating on Joanna Contender as well.

If Grasso couldn't do anything, no one will.

As much as i love Grasso she was guaranteed to lose that fight. There are a lot of girls with better grappling than her at 115.

Grasso definitely was. Going 2-2 in her first 4 changed some things but when she signed with the UFC everyone was calling her the uncrowned champ. She still has a lot of fans around here.

No. No everyone was not. I get it, you’re high on Suarez, but now you’re making stuff up to make her win seem that much more momentous, when she was a -500 favorite.

No. No everyone was not. I get it, you’re high on Suarez, but now you’re making stuff up to make her win seem that much more momentous, when she was a -500 favorite.
I'm not talking about her fight with Suarez man. We're talking in general. Suarez was the obvious favorite in the lead up. Grasso being well liked on Sherdog has nothing to do with the Suarez matchup. She was liked well before than and that is what I was talking about.

uhh... yeah, there have been other champs too.

13: Tony Ferguson
14: Dillashaw
Smashes: Robert Whittaker
20: Carla Esparza
26: Montano
And now possibly Suarez and Usman who both came off of TUF as well.

Call me crazy if you want but Tatiana Suarez's grappling is several notches above anyone else in that strawweight division. She was an Olympic caliber wrestler before transitioning to MMA and probably would have fulfilled that dream if not for cancer.

Now she's in MMA and looking at how she's fared so far.. Man, I don't see many of these women beating her. Her wrestling is just too strong and her BJJ looks improved 10-fold each time she steps into the cage. She took out Grasso, Sherdog's darling like she was nothing.

She was ranked #12 going into UFC Chile, she just beat #9 in Grasso. She'll get another top 10 fighter next time out, probably someone like Michelle Waterson (who she'll crush). Thing is, with lack of depth in that division she'll be looking a title shot in the face within 2-3 fights max.

And hell, I think she has a good shot at winning it. What do you guys think?
no pics?
<Deported1>

The only way i see Tatiana Suarez becoming champion is
not getting matched up with anyone named Claudia Gadelha
& Jessica Andrade.

People thought she was hot, not a future champ.

Call me crazy if you want but Tatiana Suarez's grappling is several notches above anyone else in that strawweight division. She was an Olympic caliber wrestler before transitioning to MMA and probably would have fulfilled that dream if not for cancer.

Now she's in MMA and looking at how she's fared so far.. Man, I don't see many of these women beating her. Her wrestling is just too strong and her BJJ looks improved 10-fold each time she steps into the cage. She took out Grasso, Sherdog's darling like she was nothing.

She was ranked #12 going into UFC Chile, she just beat #9 in Grasso. She'll get another top 10 fighter next time out, probably someone like Michelle Waterson (who she'll crush). Thing is, with lack of depth in that division she'll be looking a title shot in the face within 2-3 fights max.

She deserved a fight bonus for that fast finish!..she will go right to the top of the division!

You win you're crazy.
She's good and will challenge soonish, but rose, jj, and Jessica tear her apart on the feet right now beating a middle ranked underdeveloped grasso don't change this. She needs 3 vs top 5 girls to get more experience with elite strikers and grapplers and she probably looses 1 of those 3 threw inexperienced mistakes. I wouldnt mind her next test being KK that would be a great test if she can impose her grappling on an elite striker.

You win you're crazy.
She's good and will challenge soonish, but rose, jj, and Jessica tear her apart on the feet right now beating a middle ranked underdeveloped grasso don't change this. She needs 3 vs top 5 girls to get more experience with elite strikers and grapplers and she probably looses 1 of those 3 threw inexperienced mistakes. I wouldnt mind her next test being KK that would be a great test if she can impose her grappling on an elite striker.
Her striking definitely needs work. She's very mechanical and awkward on the feet. Thing is, it doesn't really matter right now because no one is really stopping her TDs. I too would love to see her against one of the physically stronger fighters in the division to see how they fare against her grappling. Pitting her against Gadelha or Andrade would answer so many questions.

It's not just her wrestling. She goes for the kill with submissions. Can't say the same for andrade.

She could win it, I agree. But as already mentioned, she has some bad match ups at the top. Particularly Gadelha and Andrade.

like Ronda, very few can stop her grappling

will someone eventually do it? remains to be seen

Back