Team Horn: Keef would suffer the same fate as Pacquiao

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Team Horn Warn Thurman: Shut Mouth or Suffer Pacquiao's Fate!

Dean Lonergan, promoter for WBO welterweight champion Jeff Horn (17-0-1, 11 KOs), has verbally unloaded on WBC, WBA welterweight champion Keith Thurman (28-0, 22 KOs).

“Keith Thurman right now is an irrelevance,” Lonergan said to the Australian.

“If at any stage Thurman wants to come to Brisbane to try and unify the titles, he will get the same warm welcome and outcome that was served up to our good friend Mr Pacquiao.

“The Hornet is the world’s strongest welterweight and is open to any and all challenges. Should Keith Thurman want to make the mistake of getting into a fight he won’t win and get the thrashing he ... deserves. He should man up and get his promoters to call me, rather than talk tough from 9000 miles away.”

Horn has the better name on his record, but if anyone is irrelevant in this discussion it ain't Keith.

I don't like Horn or his team's persona. They have this awkward, try-hard, borderline WWE thing going on.

This would be a perfect comeback fight for Thurman.

Horn kind of sucks but he has a legit belt and a name people sort of recognize so Thurman coming off a long injury and surgery has every right to take him on. Plus that would add a belt for when he fights Spence hopefully by the end of next year.

The Hornet is the world’s strongest welterweight and is open to any and all challenges. Should Keith Thurman want to make the mistake of getting into a fight he won’t win and get the thrashing he ... deserves. He should man up and get his promoters to call me, rather than talk tough from 9000 miles away.”

Horn is the strongest Welter? He's open to any and all challenges? No to the first and to the second, maybe, but only if it's in his backyard.

I want Horn/Crawford...Thurman should have a warm-up "get rid of a mandatory" sort of comeback fight and then Spence. Then Spence/Crawford...oh yes...

Horn and his jimmies are trying to milk that belt for all they can...they will grandstand about who can get it and hold that belt hostage down under against no-names or crusty vets.

He'll sell his belt to Crawford for another nice payday on his road to irrelevance in boxing.

I don't like Horn or his team's persona. They have this awkward, try-hard, borderline WWE thing going on.

I dont blame them really. They are not American, and most of the world thinks he lost to Pac. They are trying to play a heel who will fight anyone.

I agree but I guess I get it. They know they Forrest-Gump’d their way to acclaim, now they’re just trying to ride the freak wave into harbor.

It’s a pretty bad plan though. Like @JayE pointed out it’s more likely everyone except Crawford ignores him and he won’t even get paid what he’s hoping with that because it’ll be Buds step-up fight. But that’s the target more or less I guess; talk themselves up until someone is willing to pay them a bit more than before for the belt.

I agree but I guess I get it. They know they Forrest-Gump’d their way to acclaim, now they’re just trying to ride the freak wave into harbor.

It’s a pretty bad plan though. Like @JayE pointed out it’s more likely everyone except Crawford ignores him and he won’t even get paid what he’s hoping with that because it’ll be Buds step-up fight. But that’s the target more or less I guess; talk themselves up until someone is willing to pay them a bit more than before for the belt.

He might still get a nice payday if the municipal and state governments want to subsidize another title fight, although, Crawford won't bring in nearly the money and attention that Pac did, making that somewhat unlikely.

He might still get a nice payday if the municipal and state governments want to subsidize another title fight, although, Crawford won't bring in nearly the money and attention that Pac did, making that somewhat unlikely.

People won’t fly in to watch Terrence. It’ll boost the local economy a bit, but imo not much more than any other large regional event they might hold. Pacquiao was a big get for them. Bud isn’t really known outside of the US, let alone the South Pacific.

Thurman would beat the living shit outta Horn. All the top guys at 147 would handle Horn convincingly, Thurman, Spence, Garcia, Brook, Porter. Horn seems more along the Collazo, Peterson, Rios level IMO.

horns a boofhead, i'm saying this as an australian, he isn't a great boxer, he's a brawler that got gifted an old fighter on the tailend of his career (could be related to briggs/foreman) - it's a name to add to the resume, but in the end it doesnt mean much, but he arguably lost the fight and almost got knocked out by old man manny who cant knock anyone out anymore

as soon as horn fights a top contender and has the fuck beaten out of him aussies who dont follow boxing will still talk about him like hes the best, i hate our culture of that

I want Horn/Crawford...Thurman should have a warm-up "get rid of a mandatory" sort of comeback fight and then Spence. Then Spence/Crawford...oh yes...

Horn and his jimmies are trying to milk that belt for all they can...they will grandstand about who can get it and hold that belt hostage down under against no-names or crusty vets.

That's what's gonna happen in the end, but it'll suck, cuz TR will take that strap and hold it hostage. And not make the necassary fights with Al. I doubt he'd even put him in against Errol in the future, if they can keep that title in house.

Thurman would convincingly break Horn's face.

The props they had on hand for his post fight speech in the ring was too much.

The props they had on hand for his post fight speech in the ring was too much.

Yeah it was just dumb and weird.

I like trash talk. But only if it is authentic and not contrived.

me too. As an Aussie, it pains me. If they were playing the quietly confident underdog card, i'd be much more inclined to cheer Horn on. All this shit him and his team are talking is crazy, they know full well that Thurman is too much for Horn.

and that crutch stuff or whatever after the Pac fight was cringe worthy

Back