Teddy Atlas on fighters who lack heart

I'm not saying I wouldnt have pulled a gun on Tyson either. My point is Tyson did that when he was underage and the reason Teddy makes comments like that about Tyson are solely because of their past history.

I agree. Good thing Tyson never raped anyone after that.......

This old deluded wannabe gangster needs to go away. Such a worthless hemorrhoid on the ass of boxing.

Correct. According to Atlas he grabbed her ass and said hed rape her.

When Cus D’Amato became Mike Tyson’s legal guardian after the death of his mother at the age of 16, an incident occurred, Tyson went a little too far and grabbed, then trainer, Teddy Atlas’ 11-year old niece and intimidated her. Tyson allegedly told her that he was going to rape her. This became the breaking point in the relationship between Atlas, Tyson, and D’Amato.

Atlas came home to see his wife, sister-in-law and niece in tears after the incident. After he learned the details of what happened, Atlas got a pistol from a friend and confronted Tyson later that night, putting the gun to his ear and telling him to stay away from his family or die. Check it out.

I think he was 15. And I thought she was 12

Teddy Atlas is a fuckhead.

Of all people to talk about Tyson, it should NOT be him

The quote was meant to tear down Tyson, but this thread is not about him, or even Teddy.

Maybe I should have titled it differently:

“Greatest front-runners in MMA - Who are they?”

Correct. According to Atlas he grabbed her ass and said hed rape her.

When Cus D’Amato became Mike Tyson’s legal guardian after the death of his mother at the age of 16, an incident occurred, Tyson went a little too far and grabbed, then trainer, Teddy Atlas’ 11-year old niece and intimidated her. Tyson allegedly told her that he was going to rape her. This became the breaking point in the relationship between Atlas, Tyson, and D’Amato.

Atlas came home to see his wife, sister-in-law and niece in tears after the incident. After he learned the details of what happened, Atlas got a pistol from a friend and confronted Tyson later that night, putting the gun to his ear and telling him to stay away from his family or die. Check it out.
And he didn't just point the gun, he fired it right next to his head.

He says he didn't. I believe him

giphy.gif

Teddy's relationship with Tyson soured, so he's talking shit. Ask the dudes Tyson beat the shit out of if it was an 'athletic venture' or 'exhibition' or if it was a fight.

Sour grapes. Tyson showed heart vs Buster for instance, given the circumstances...
Pretty sure Tyson showed some heart against Donovan Ruddock...twice as well.

Teddy coming across as salty and bitter with the Tyson reference.
source:
https://www.news.com.au/sport/boxin...r/news-story/f335f1d85819ba67f41b00f6ede92cc3

Say what you want about Teddy, but what he's laying out here, in general terms, is true. I can think of a couple of very highly rated MMA fighters who can be put in that box.

What do you say Sherdog, is simply winning enough, or is there more to being a champion and a true great?
He showed heart vs Lennox too. Atlas is right that the ear bite vs Holyfield was probably looking for a way out though.

I am not much of a Tyson fan. Most of the threads about Tyson on the boxing forum side don't exactly have me praising him.

But Atlas is considered a joke by most boxing circles.

Firstly.....I invite him to go back in watch Tyson-Douglas. Tyson got his ASS beat for 9 straight rounds, still fighting back the whole time (even dropping Douglas for a 9 count) before getting knocked out with quite possibly the most brutal combination in history

The Tyson-Ruddock fight were wars.

Hell the first Tyson-Holyfield fight was an absolutely brutal war.

While the Lennox fight was not close, Tyson took a horrific beating....not exactly folding at the first point of opposition.

Teddy Atlas is one of those guys who watches boxing looking for a boogeyman. His claim to fame is memorizing some motivational lines and screaming them in between rounds (worked once with Moorer, made him look ridiculous with Bradley and Povetkin). Ranting and raving to the point of embarrassment

and the most bizzare part about it, is that he literally got his start in boxing being in Tysons corner.(not as the head coach mind you)......he never fails to mention that..... yet bashes the guy at every turn.

pure lunacy

Didn't Teddy just train a guy who put Stevenson in a coma?.

Anyways yeah I agree with that comment, some fighters are killers when its going all their own way, but when someone actually fights back they just wilt and quit. Rumble is that guy, he is great when its going his way, but when someone actually fights back and starts putting it on him, he can't take it and just wilts and wilts and wilts and purposely rolls on to his belly, even against tiny men like Clementi

After he learned the details of what happened, Atlas got a pistol from a friend and confronted Tyson later that night, putting the gun to his ear and telling him to stay away from his family or die. Check it out.

Ballsy unless your sure your gonna pull the trigger. Better bet to pull the gun a full 15 feet away on high ground with parachute backpack and crash helmet on. But thats just me..

So...I know this side of the forum is relatively uneducated in boxing.

But Teddy Atlas is considered a legitimate joke in most boxing circles
Eh, he has both his haters and fanboys. Though a lot of older dudes at Gleason's DID used to say that Atlas was just Cus' mouthpiece/do boy.

Back