Teddy Atlas on fighters who lack heart

Eh, he has both his haters and fanboys. Though a lot of older dudes at Gleason's DID used to say that Atlas was just Cus' mouthpiece/do boy.
I have no clue how anyone can respect what he does. See my longer post above. States my feelings on him and why.

Too keep it short. In most boxing circles the guy is a joke

The quote was meant to tear down Tyson, but this thread is not about him, or even Teddy.

Maybe I should have titled it differently:

“Greatest front-runners in MMA - Who are they?”
Conor will be the obvious choice but he gritted out fights and came back to win fights he was losing.

All the consensus GOATs had to come back in the face of adversity with maybe the exception of MM.... Can't recall if he had to.

I'm pretty sure a "fight is a fight" once two guys say "fuck you" to each other and start swinging.

Teddy made that original comment about "a fight is a fight when you have to overcome" about Tyson, who he's OBVIOUSLY salty as fuck over and always tries to discredit him.

Why is that? I have a vague recollection that it had something to do with Tyson behaving inappropriately with Atlas' daughter.... Or something.

Edit. Already answered. Thanks @LaylaThePitBuLL

Last edited:
Why is that? I have a vague recollection that it had something to do with Tyson behaving inappropriately with Atlas' daughter.... Or something.
When Tyson was 16, he grabbed Atlas 11 year old daughter and said "I'll rape you" after they had some sort of altercation. (According to Atlas)

Last edited:
No but Teddy gave his account of the story and Teddy is more believable then Tyson.

No surprise that half of sherdog would take the side of a convicted rapist concerning a claim that he harassed an 11 year old child as an adolescent. Half of this forum are mysogenistic and seem a little rapey themselves.

If you get locked in a cage with a man who's going to try and take your consciousness you're in a fucking fight

Conor will be the obvious choice but he gritted out fights and came back to win fights he was losing.

All the consensus GOATs had to come back in the face of adversity with maybe the exception of MM.... Can't recall if he had to.

What are these fights which Conor was losing, but came back to win?

That aside, Teddy’s point was not simply about toughness, it was about being able to adapt on the fly.

Conor did fight through a knee injury to beat Max. But he faceplanted in spectacular fashion vs 2 weeks notice Nate. He then managed to eek out a majority decision in the rematch, but only after jumping to a massive lead in the first 8 mins.

His track record in dog fights is hardly GOAT-worthy.

Another guy that immediately springs to mind is Vitor. From the beggining to the end of his career, he folded, or at least stopped fighting focused and smart when the going got tough.

No surprise that half of sherdog would take the side of a convicted rapist concerning a claim that he harassed an 11 year old child as an adolescent. Half of this forum are mysogenistic and seem a little rapey themselves.

As soon as he got out of jail for rape he was welcomed back with open arms like he was the victim lol

As soon as he got out of jail for rape he was welcomed back with open arms like he was the victim lol

I always found it hilarious that the lead cast of the Hangover refused to work with Mel Gibson because of his drunken anti semitic rant, yet welcomed Tyson with open arms.

Anyway, veering far off topic here. Just wanted to throw out that ironic fact.

Teddy reiterated it recently on Joe Rogan's podcast. A lot of YouTube commenters dismissed him as a bitter idiot, but I do think there's truth to it.

I know. I watched the entire episode. And I agree with you. The fact Tyson says Teddy put a gun to his head because Tyson wanted to train with someone else tells you all you need to know. He also gets very defensive about it. That's what guilt and lying about the truth will do to you.

I'm pretty sure a "fight is a fight" once two guys say "fuck you" to each other and start swinging.

Teddy made that original comment about "a fight is a fight when you have to overcome" about Tyson, who he's OBVIOUSLY salty as fuck over and always tries to discredit him.

This.

According to Atlas every fight Tyson won wasnt a fight because he won them. The only fights Tyson was in were when he lost.

Makes about as much sense as 2+2=7

What are these fights which Conor was losing, but came back to win?

That aside, Teddy’s point was not simply about toughness, it was about being able to adapt on the fly.

Conor did fight through a knee injury to beat Max. But he faceplanted in spectacular fashion vs 2 weeks notice Nate. He then managed to eek out a majority decision in the rematch, but only after jumping to a massive lead in the first 8 mins.

His track record in dog fights is hardly GOAT-worthy.

Another guy that immediately springs to mind is Vitor. From the beggining to the end of his career, he folded, or at least stopped fighting focused and smart when the going got tough.

Alistair Overeem.

All the talent in the world, just no heart.

He WAS the victim in that case. Even other pageant contestants stated Desiree Washington was all over him earlier in the day and that's why he invited her to his hotel later that night and she was all for it: That's why she voluntarily took a limo by herself to his hotel room at 3am. She falsely accused another man of rape two years prior too.

He WAS the victim in that case. Even other pageant contestants stated Desiree Washington was all over him earlier in the day and that's why he invited her to his hotel later that night and she was all for it: That's why she voluntarily took a limo by herself to his hotel room at 3am. She falsely accused another man of rape two years prior too.

I thought he went to jail for Robbin? His wife? Maybe I have these facts mixed up. My apologies if I do.

The quote was meant to tear down Tyson, but this thread is not about him, or even Teddy.

Maybe I should have titled it differently:

“Greatest front-runners in MMA - Who are they?”
most would say Conor. I think Conor has overcome a great deal of adversity both In and outside of the cage, other moments it does seem he has a bit of a mental lapse.

Such things need to be put under greater scrutiny though

and the question really Is, who's the judge? The answer will vary drastically depending on who's giving their thoughts on the matter.

Teddy always looking for a chance to shit on tyson. Smh teddy.

Back