Teen suspended from high school after her anti-bullying video hurts principal's feelings

I'm a few hundreds pages into a new research study I'm doing on the correlation between being into anime-style video games/graphics and being an insecure and sexless anti-PC nerd.

The findings are explosive.

You don't find the over the top PC stuff to be irritating? It seems the golden rule and the sticks and stones adage are things that the overly PC crowd tend to throw out the window. You should definitely treat others how you want to be treated and not go out of your way to be offend people, but you also shouldn't throw a shit fit when an 80 year old woman that doesn't know any better calls a Native American and Indian.

You don't find the over the top PC stuff to be irritating? It seems the golden rule and the sticks and stones adage are things that the overly PC crowd tend to throw out the window. You should definitely treat others how you want to be treated and not go out of your way to be offend people, but you also shouldn't throw a shit fit when an 80 year old woman that doesn't know any better calls a Native American and Indian.

Irritating? Sure.

Enough to rile me up and make me support bad policies out of spite? No sir.

Well-adjusted kids tend to not get bullied,
Well, duh. You can't by definition be well adjusted to a class, when you're being actively bullied in it.

Well-adjusted kids tend to not get bullied, but if they do they have healthy coping responses indicative of a secure attachment, trusting mental representations of others, a positive self-view, a well-developed sense of autonomy, etc. They don't accept or internalize the negative message of the bullies, they aren't submissive, they seek (and expect) help, they don't believe they're worthy of negative treatment, etc. It doesn't come out of thin air, it's the quality of parenting.

I guess I can agree up to a point, but the fact of the matter is that a school environment is perfect for bullies to thrive. The environment needs to change as well.

Parenting is a factor, but there are good parents whose kids get bullied because they are in an environment where bullies get enabled and where teachers often times participate in the bullying, or are inadequate to deal with it.

I reject the thought that the blame lies with the parents and bullied kids solely.

I'm a few hundreds pages into a new research study I'm doing on the correlation between being into anime-style video games/graphics and being an insecure and sexless anti-PC nerd.

<{MingNope}>

I was a pretty troubled little cunt in school. I'll never forget when a VP told me he was tired of "broken home kids making his life harder"

It completely destroyed my entire trust in authority.

Bullying sucked, I moved from being the token white boy at an all black magnet school to a redneck methhead Okie town where I was told by family friends to never date black girls. Hell, my grandparents bought a private golf course in the late 90s and it was a source of pride that they refused black patrons.

It's weird to see people blaming fucking children here. The most confusing period of your life, the most emotional, and to be met with disdain by people paid to take care of you?

Fuck that.
This is so true. Often the biggest bullies are teachers. As a young teenager, you are completely defenseless against this. Everyone sides with authority.

You sound delightfully autistic.

Sounds like the reality of school. The real world is not nice and does not comfort you “cuz feelz”.

Lol.

Honestly, this story does not have anything to do with political correctness. It's just a girl speaking out about something she cares about, but breaking school rules in the process, and getting an in-school suspension for it.

Last edited:
Back