Teh Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
A wings explosion! Those are always exciting, except when it comes from your bum the day after.

Some fuck at work filed a complaint with the managers that I "take too long on breaks." It came back to me today, so that was a remarkable turn-around, being that my supervisor said that the complaint was registered today. I was only working with one person all day, so that pretty much narrow's it down. Of course, they don't dare accuse me of taking too long on my lunches, as there's a time clock to verify that they're full of shit.

So far as I'm concerned, this shouldn't have even come back to me. I talked with a manager today about it, and asked them upon what it was predicated. Basically they just said that I took too long on my breaks. So, they didn't time me, or have any photographic evidence of anything. Basically, you can get someone in shit for saying "they took too long on their breaks." And these are home depot employees we're talking about here. Lifers, so to speak. So they're not going to ask the obvious question "oh yeah? based on what." They'll say "omg, I heard that too! he's such an asshole."

Tomorrow, I am firing a warning shot over the bow. I have purchased a small stop watch, and will visibly start it when this person goes on their break. Basically to say "yeah, I'm watching you too, bitch."

Golf... the sport I hate to love and love to hate.

Today is our annual staff meeting. We're having it at the new Firkin pub that opened next door and then afterward it's open bar. I'm not sure what they are doing about food, hopefully we can just order from the menu so I can eat wings until I explode.

Final tally...

- 3 pints of Guinness
- about a dozen wings
- 5 large chicken fingers
- 5 sliders

I probably could have eaten more but the 3rd pint of Guinness really filled me up. Luckily I got a bunch to go. The only bad thing is that I have stuff to do this weekend so I couldn't stay and drink on the company dollar all night (free beer->me getting hammered->hangover->saturday wasted).

proko, sounds like you work with a douche bag. Where do you work?

Final tally...

- 3 pints of Guinness
- about a dozen wings
- 5 large chicken fingers
- 5 sliders

I probably could have eaten more but the 3rd pint of Guinness really filled me up. Luckily I got a bunch to go. The only bad thing is that I have stuff to do this weekend so I couldn't stay and drink on the company dollar all night (free beer->me getting hammered->hangover->saturday wasted).

proko, sounds like you work with a douche bag. Where do you work?

That's not a bad tally, brah. Especially with the guinness.

I work at a home depot, for the summer. I can only think of one person who would say something like that. I'm sure that I'm not 100% on the dot 15 minutes, but who is? I'm going to hold this person to their seemingly bullshit standard.

I'm sure that I'm not 100% on the dot 15 minutes, but who is?

My Grandfather would be. Or more accurately, he would drink a cup of hot water, and be done his break in 5 minutes. He would regularly show up early, and be finished the days work 3 hours early. When a party was held because he had worked there for 25(?) years, he showed up, said "it seems like yesterday", referring to when he started, and went back to work.

But it sucks that mangement doesn't have your back. That can really poison a workplace.

My Grandfather would be. Or more accurately, he would drink a cup of hot water, and be done his break in 5 minutes. He would regularly show up early, and be finished the days work 3 hours early. When a party was held because he had worked there for 25(?) years, he showed up, said "it seems like yesterday", referring to when he started, and went back to work.

But it sucks that mangement doesn't have your back. That can really poison a workplace.

This workplace is pretty poisoned as it is. There's almost no human interaction or live decision making process going on for anything. Forecasts are done by headquarters in Toronto, they are delivered to the store, and schedules are made accordingly. As such, I have personally witnessed 4 hours of scheduled(as in, planned for) non-coverage. During coverage on these days, there will be only one person. I'm not the only person this has happened to, neither am I the only person who just can't wait to quit because of it. What doesn't make sense to me, is that apparently, scheduled hours are based on sales from the previous three weeks. But that doesn't, apparently, account for the possibility that sales in a department are dwindling, because there aren't enough associates.

But if this person wants to do it this way, then fine. I haven't ever tried to steal time from any workplace. I always try to keep my breaks honest. From now on, both of us will be accurately timed.

At jobs like that there's always one guy that thinks he'll get ahead by being a goody two shoes. If you do your job well people won't care if you take an extra minute or two, at least that's been my experience but maybe I've been lucky with my bosses.

I've got another big day of painting ahead of me so I'm going to bed. Catch ya later.

Some fuck at work filed a complaint with the managers that I "take too long on breaks." It came back to me today, so that was a remarkable turn-around, being that my supervisor said that the complaint was registered today. I was only working with one person all day, so that pretty much narrow's it down. Of course, they don't dare accuse me of taking too long on my lunches, as there's a time clock to verify that they're full of shit.

So far as I'm concerned, this shouldn't have even come back to me. I talked with a manager today about it, and asked them upon what it was predicated. Basically they just said that I took too long on my breaks. So, they didn't time me, or have any photographic evidence of anything. Basically, you can get someone in shit for saying "they took too long on their breaks." And these are home depot employees we're talking about here. Lifers, so to speak. So they're not going to ask the obvious question "oh yeah? based on what." They'll say "omg, I heard that too! he's such an asshole."

Tomorrow, I am firing a warning shot over the bow. I have purchased a small stop watch, and will visibly start it when this person goes on their break. Basically to say "yeah, I'm watching you too, bitch."

/coolstorybro

Did you ever do anything about your floor-pissing roommate?

If she has been there for a long time and you are new, this is a battle you can't win.

Just do your job. If it's a low paying job, you can be replaced in less than 2 mins.

/coolstorybro

Did you ever do anything about your floor-pissing roommate?

I still have a lot of his stuff, actually. A few x-box controllers, and fallout 3, most notably. He left about 2 months before he was scheduled to. I count this as a success. Even if the whole thing was a bit highschool.

If she has been there for a long time and you are new, this is a battle you can't win.

Just do your job. If it's a low paying job, you can be replaced in less than 2 mins.

I know you're probably right. I don't think I'll be fired over this, though. If I do, you can definitely say, "I told you so." However, I have yet to see some seriously dumb things result in firing. Only person I know of that's been fired, was someone who put the forks of his forklift through someone's van.

I still have a lot of his stuff, actually. A few x-box controllers, and fallout 3, most notably. He left about 2 months before he was scheduled to. I count this as a success. Even if the whole thing was a bit highschool.

I bet he learned his lesson.

Prok,

Any update? You have a history of planning passive-aggressive confrontations and then not actually doing anything. Your roommate urinated on your floor, you got pissed, told the internet your plans for vengeance, and then did nothing. Keeping some of his trash left behind after he moved out early to get away from you is not a victory. Even Brian Boitano follows through when he makes a plan. You are lamer than a male figure skater.

Prok,

Any update? You have a history of planning passive-aggressive confrontations and then not actually doing anything. Your roommate urinated on your floor, you got pissed, told the internet your plans for vengeance, and then did nothing. Keeping some of his trash left behind after he moved out early to get away from you is not a victory. Even Brian Boitano follows through when he makes a plan. You are lamer than a male figure skater.

Brian Boitano is a fuckin' gangsta, check him out rocking a bulletproof vest 50 Cent style...

boitano.jpg

Brian Boitano ain't nothin' ta' fuck with!

(yes I realize I'm mixing my rapper references)

The imperial system is so illogical. 12 inches in a foot, 3 feet in a yard, 5280 feet in a mile. Not to mention all the other wacky measurements like fathoms and leagues. Though I have to admit that 10,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a better title than 48,000 km Under the Sea.

Prok,

I am day-to-day now, with hurt feelings.

I didn't just scavange. Basically any time he left any sort of mess in the common area, I would clean up, but "reorganize" everything into a different spot. Ie. under a couch, behind the t.v. stand, in a vent. etc. It wasn't quite as in your face as an upper decker, but it got the job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back