Tekken 7 ..... can't get into it.

• Thread starter Deleted member 391673
  • Start date
The square gate also suck for side scrollers, platformers, beat em ups and shooters, because you can't lock it in to a position. I did a little research on the Mayflash stick before I bought it and ordered the octagonal gate at the same time and swapped it out first thing.

The square gate is preferred for people who don't ride the gate. In other words tighter throws of the shaft that actuate the switches before running into the gate. Again its all personal preference.

The Korean sticks don't even have a gate. The actuator makes contact with levers that are attached to the switch buttons, rather than Japanese style where the actuator makes contact with the actual button on the switch.

Can you guys tell that I've been nerding out on arcade sticks for the last two years?

I agree 100% and try to have friends over periodically to play. It's a much more fun experience, and unlike when we were kids we can crush beers and smoke weed while we do it.

Tekken 7 certainly isn't perfect. I pretty much don't like any of the new characters. From a technical perspective, the graphics and the way everything sounds and feels is pretty spectacular.

I think Tekken 5 DR still has the best overall gameplay. It just feels right.

Yes. This was the last Tekken that I really enjoyed. I never cared for the whole bound system, though screw is a little bit better. Maybe, they were running out of ideas since the gameplay hasn't really changed that much in a long time.

The square gate is preferred for people who don't ride the gate. In other words tighter throws of the shaft that actuate the switches before running into the gate. Again its all personal preference.

The Korean sticks don't even have a gate. The actuator makes contact with levers that are attached to the switch buttons, rather than Japanese style where the actuator makes contact with the actual button on the switch.

Can you guys tell that I've been nerding out on arcade sticks for the last two years?

Gotcha. It seems like not riding the gate could be an advantage once you got used to it as there would be a little more finesse involved, but I was weened on the riding the octagonal gate as a kid in the early 90's when I started playing Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Primal Rage.

Do you only use your stick for fighting games or do you play any classics, side scrollers, beat em ups, etc... with it? If so I was wondering if the square gate gives you any trouble.

Like I said I'm kind of new to this, but I have been nerding out a bit my-self and am super amped that this conversation is happening right now :D

Yeah dude... You can get an octagonal gate on Amazon for like $5 and they're super easy to swap out just take the back off and it's 4 screws from there.

The square gate also sucks for side scrollers, platformers, beat em ups and shooters, because you can't lock it in to a position. I did a little research on the Mayflash stick before I bought it and ordered the octagonal gate at the same time and swapped it out first thing.

No doubt I'm gonna get that octagonal restrictor very soon, along with a pack of Sanwa buttons as well and get better performance.

I've resorted to playing as Eddie cuz he's cheap as hell haha.

Also, I still think Tekken 4 is the best Tekken. It didn't have a crazy character roster, but it had way different gaming mechanics and felt more 3-D oriented it with it's dodges up or down. Loved the stages in the game too.

I'm a fan of the Tekken franchise since Tekken 2 and I understand that the game had change a lot since those times. I'm Usurper level rank on Tekken 7 right now and play quite decent with over 15 characters and been a regular player since Tekken 6, and TTT 2 (when the bound mechanic got into) had been the key on why I'm feel like I can deal with the complex of the game...

Tekken 7 definitely isn't for casuals and that's a bad thing of the game. However, you don't need to memorize the whole skill set of some characters in order to enjoy the game at some certain level.
You just need to learn the most important attacks (those that can make the most damage) and also learn the movements that can launch or stunned your opponent in order to start a combo.

It requires time and practicing, but eventually, you will get used to the character style. In addition to this, you need to take your time as well on choosing the right character for you. Characters change their complexity in almost every game. You need to pick characters to begin with like Kazuya, Law, Devil Jin, Chloe, Gigas, Bob, Josie, Katarina... and not begin with Yoshimitsu, Lee, Steve, M.Raven, Xiaoyu, King, etc...

If you want to practice someday or you need some other tips, feel free to let me know about it, I can help you in most of the occasions.

I appreciate the tips. If I happen to get sucked into it, I'll hit you up to play some. But I just don't think I have the time to commit to go beyond casual and as a casual it's just frustrating.

There should be a casual-only ranked mode haha.

I appreciate the tips. If I happen to get sucked into it, I'll hit you up to play some. But I just don't think I have the time to commit to go beyond casual and as a casual it's just frustrating.

There should be a casual-only ranked mode haha.
Anytime bruh... And responding the last question, you have 2 options on that matter:

1. Play the online rank match ups restricting the level to +/-2 ranks... That means that you will only play against guys that had your same rank and also 2 levels above or below of it. The bad news is that by doing this you also restrict the amount of challengers, so it will took more time for you to find the challenger. You can rank up faster in this method btw.

2. You can always create a fight room that can be named as a "Beginner only" or something like that. That way only people of lower ranks will be joining to your room. The bad news is that you won't get promotions for ranking up.

Gotcha. It seems like not riding the gate could be an advantage once you got used to it as there would be a little more finesse involved, but I was weened on the riding the octagonal gate as a kid in the early 90's when I started playing Street Fighter 2, Mortal Kombat, and Primal Rage.

Do you only use your stick for fighting games or do you play any classics, side scrollers, beat em ups, etc... with it? If so I was wondering if the square gate gives you any trouble.

Like I said I'm kind of new to this, but I have been nerding out a bit my-self and am super amped that this conversation is happening right now :D
I have two sticks one with Sanwa JLF octagonal and a Crown 309MJ no gate. I really don't like the square gate either.

Outside of fighting games I really like Shmups, and both sticks work fine but I hear Seimitsu joysticks are the best for those games. Never used one.

first, completely agree with you that it sucks that Bruce is not in the game. he was my favorite character. i used to be really good at this game to the point that when i traveled to japan a few years ago, i was able to beat many of the japanese at the arcade playing as bruce. haha. that was a fun time.

i think that i no longer can stand the juggling aspect of the game after playing the ufc games. plus, it's incredibly frustrating when you are on the receiving end of a prolonged juggle that takes you to the edge of the stage and then you get screwed in the corner some more.

i also think the game was a lot more fun for me when i was younger hanging out with my friends and we would be all playing the game together whereas now i'm playing the game online against random people. just doing unranked online play i get pitted against someone with 400+ wins.

and i do feel that i need to know all the characters move sets because otherwise how am i to know when to block low, especially for the rage drives.

on top of that, the character intro animations are pretty annoying especially if you can't skip it. hearing the one character say "i'm lucky chloe" is cringe inducing haha.

That's the online terror in most fighting games played live against strangers that spoils it for me

unless you have some seriously rare game engine that balances player rank and matchups, most experiences playing that stuff lights you up against the Hobo of That One Build with 7000 matches played and a memorized system to victory

hilariously enough Skate had elements of that trollery wot w. "tricklining" which was beatable playing legit but only if you pushed yourself to the f*cking max like a cool person

I like it a lot. I do not play a whole lot, but I was able to hop right in and survive online pretty handily. I found it incredibly easy to learn enough combos right off the bat without being a complete spammer. It feels like an easy to learn, but hard to master game. And I have not found juggles to be an issue, but maybe I'm not a high enough rank to be playing the really good people. Also unlike many capcom fighting games there does not appear to be a lot of exploits that are spammed by players.

Tekken 7 is the best fighting game I've ever played.

I play Shaheen because learning more than five moves is complicated.

I been getting back into tekken 7 a lot more recently - it's a lot of fun to me. I play paul and Lee. My PSN name actually is MarshallLawWins but I haven't touched law for this game.

I don't like how armor moves are a thing for this game and I especially don't like rage arts. You should be able to press one button to take away a third of your opponent's health after getting ur ass kicked the whole game. That doesn't belong in tekken. That being said, the basic gameplay/combo system feels great.

I do wish it had more single player modes and wish it didn't take so long to find opponents in ranked but the net code feels pretty decent tho

I don't like how armor moves are a thing for this game and I especially don't like rage arts. You should be able to press one button to take away a third of your opponent's health after getting ur ass kicked the whole game. That doesn't belong in tekken. That being said, the basic gameplay/combo system feels great.

Rage Arts are considered pretty low tier. Pretty much all of them apart from Hwoarang's are unsafe on block, so as long as your not being over aggressive when the opponent is on low life it's never really an issue. Rage drives are far superior.

Rage Arts are considered pretty low tier. Pretty much all of them apart from Hwoarang's are unsafe on block, so as long as your not being over aggressive when the opponent is on low life it's never really an issue. Rage drives are far superior.
Sure and I try to bait out rage arts as much as the next guy but I don't see why this mind game with rage art needs to be there. You can press a single button to rage art and frame trap what would otherwise be a safe string. It is also way too easy of an ender to combos that you might otherwise drop

Ehh you can still land a launcher and land the Rage Arts within a combo and get insane damage.
Its their cheap and easy comeback mechanic that I don't really care for.
Played the shit outta Tekken 7 and got ranked pretty high. Unfortunately this cheap ass characters in the game ruined it for me.

I've been wanting to reinstall this game since I heard that they reduced the input lag down to 4 frames. I'd rather play the PC version, but the PS4 has more/better competition.

I've been wanting to reinstall this game since I heard that they reduced the input lag down to 4 frames. I'd rather play the PC version, but the PS4 has more/better competition.
I have noticed a marked improvement in how the controls feel/input lag now compared to launch

Tekken 7 is the best fighting game I've ever played.

I play Shaheen because learning more than five moves is complicated.

Do you play on Steam? I own it, have no one to mess with, and I don't feel like getting online to get schooled.

I *know* Tekken 7 is a good game, but I keep going back to Injustice 2 / Guilty Gear XRD and company.

Do you play on Steam? I own it, have no one to mess with, and I don't feel like getting online to get schooled.

I *know* Tekken 7 is a good game, but I keep going back to Injustice 2 / Guilty Gear XRD and company.

my name is geese howard on steam. Add me if you like but I am from England though so may have lag

Back