Tenshin Nasukawa in Rizin

Has his kickboxing competition dropped that badly? I'm not that familiar with guys that small in kickboxing (I haven't followed it closely for a while)

last opponent was a retired thai, that now trains little kids in Japan.

Has his kickboxing competition dropped that badly? I'm not that familiar with guys that small in kickboxing (I haven't followed it closely for a while)
dropped,but it isnt the main problem

the problem is that he will be taking cans on MMA and more also mid lvl guys in kickboxing

if he was only into Kickboxing he would get better competition,there isnt only Takeru who would be an interesting fight for him,in fact there is some good names,but of course this is the fight that would stop japan

-this year in KB he faced Ignacio Capllonch who is an can crusher on south american competition,is a mid lvl but people hype him up because he throws spinning shit..

-Fought a retired thai teacher

-Fought a retired Kickboxer (wasnt a bad win tbh,Saiga was bigger and the KO was impressive)

- Fought an irish who looked bad

-Fought Amnat Ruenroeng(was a good win for his publicity,defeating a guy who hold the IBF world light Flyweight for some time and defeated good names as Kazuto Ioka,Arroyo and Casimero),was a very good win for his publicity.

at 2016 and 2015 he fought better competition thats for sure

dropped,but it isnt the main problem

the problem is that he will be taking cans on MMA and more also mid lvl guys in kickboxing

if he was only into Kickboxing he would get better competition,there isnt only Takeru who would be an interesting fight for him,in fact there is some good names,but of course this is the fight that would stop japan

-this year in KB he faced Ignacio Capllonch who is an can crusher on south american competition,is a mid lvl but people hype him up because he throws spinning shit..

-Fought a retired thai teacher

-Fought a retired Kickboxer (wasnt a bad win tbh,Saiga was bigger and the KO was impressive)

- Fought an irish who looked bad

-Fought Amnat Ruenroeng(was a good win for his publicity,defeating a guy who hold the IBF world light Flyweight for some time and defeated good names as Kazuto Ioka,Arroyo and Casimero),was a very good win for his publicity.

at 2016 and 2015 he fought better competition thats for sure

That's still a decent amount of fights and not all low level.

That's still a decent amount of fights and not all low level.
Its shit.

I don't mean its shit competition compared to top thai guys. Or even shit competition compared to top Japanese kickboxers like Noiri and Urabe. Its shit compared to other Japanese kickboxers of his generation (i.e. around 16-22).

- Takei Yoshiki (21)
- Hiramoto Ren (19)
- Fukuda Kaito (i.e. Wor.Wanchai) (19)
- Saikyo Haruma (19)
- Ogasawara Eisaku (21)
- Anpo Riku
- Anpo Rukiya
- Gunji Taito

Off the top of my head those guys have accomplished more this year in kickboxing that Tenshin has. Tenshin has fought who? Retired thai, Retired thai, a spat of amateurs. Capllonch was the only guy even resembling a live body.

Have you seen Tenshin in mma? Cuz i think he does take it somewhat serious as he already has a sub and gutted out a real tough armbar even though he didn't know the proper way out. Of course he is fighting low level guys but he just now has 4 mma fights, everyone with that few fights fights low level guys. I hope he ups the competition again in kickboxing though like you guys are saying.

He doesn't train MMA full time so far as I know. He had a 2-3 week training camp before his MMA debut since it was just off the heels of the Wanchalong fight. Since then he does some celebrity public workouts with Sakuraba and such, but nothing consistent. He's getting subs off of amateur kickboxers, yeah not impressed.

He's been very vocal about wanting to do kickboxing at RIZIN instead of MMA. He finally got his wish and I doubt he's transitioning. After all if he gets to be on TV on RIZIN while partaking in this sham of a kickboxing tournament, why would he risk doing MMA for real?

I don't care that he's fighting cans in MMA. I care that because he's fighting cans in MMA (without fully committing to MMA transition), he's also not really fighting anyone significant in kickboxing.

Whats even the end goal for him at this point? Sakakibara said he's fine with Tenshin going off to the UFC, but is he actually prepping for MMA full time and preparing to have a serious career? Nope.

Is he going to finally sign with K-1 and open himself up to competing more regularly with top domestic kickboxers like Takeru, Takei, Saikyo? Nope.

Ok, well if he's gonna flutter around KNOCK OUT, Rizin and RISE taking on random fights, is he at least going to face guys who have a track record there and have been building up steam to challenge him? Ogasawara has been asking for that fight forever. Lol no.

Unpopular opinion, but time to stop treating Tenshin as a prospect and as what he really is. A guy who's so hyped up for his highlight that his management is just shopping him around doing random can-crushing without ever taking the risk of stepping up the competition. I.e. Asian Michael Venom Page

The real test is the next KNOCK OUT event. If Knock Out gets him signed vs. a legit competitor then I'd be glad as that signals his career is back on track. Ebata Rui is the clear challenger here and if that gets signed Tenshin is actually at risk of losing. If not, time to write him off as a waste of potential.

Tenshin is a beast. But he seems to be fighting weak cards. It's all child play for him right now.

I want to see him go against someone who really knows what they are doing. Where are the good strikers? The Karate guys? Catch Wrestlers? Judokas? He hasn't really fought anyone with a good competitive background. They're just all....amateurs.

He's like the Japanese Sage North Cutt, talented kid but riding on a false sense of confidence.

Just my opinion, but i don't think he has fought anyone even somewhat competitive.

Even in a strictly stand-up fight, there are a plethora of competitive Kyokushin fighters that could give him a run for his money or even a C-list Nak Muay...its like he is being babied.

I don't think he would survive this long in American MMA.

Even in a strictly stand-up fight, there are a plethora of competitive Kyokushin fighters that could give him a run for his money or even a C-list Nak Muay...its like he is being babied.
Well he did knock out an A-list Nak Muay in Wanchalong...

Tenshin's still only 19, maybe his management doesn't feel the need or think it's smart business to book him against elite competition yet in kickboxing or in MMA. Let him gain more experience, earn money, build his name in Asia and beyond. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the kickboxing tournament in Rizin in the morning. Plus I get a live HD stream, English commentary and betting odds when he fights in Rizin as well, unlike the other Asian promotions.

Tenshin's still only 19, maybe his management doesn't feel the need or think it's smart business to book him against elite competition yet in kickboxing or in MMA. Let him gain more experience, earn money, build his name in Asia and beyond. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the kickboxing tournament in Rizin in the morning. Plus I get a live HD stream, English commentary and betting odds when he fights in Rizin as well, unlike the other Asian promotions.
dont get me wrong,i like you man but i never saw one post of you that you are not mentioning about English commentary <45><45><45>

dont get me wrong,i like you man but i never saw one post of you that you are not mentioning about English commentary <45><45><45>
Can't blame him for wanting commentary he can understand.

Cat Hamamoto is a joke of an opponent though

Can't blame him for wanting commentary he can understand.

Cat Hamamoto is a joke of an opponent though
i rather to listen Japanese Commentary even without understanding a word over any other

no one come close to Japanese on kickboxing-Boxing commentary,its just so amazing to hear them going crazy

Back