Tenshin Nasukawa is a beast!

I doubt MMA will be a focus of his. He picked it up a month ago since he couldn't get the Takeru fight for NYE.

The big money and fame are in MMA. If he's smart he will continue training MMA. At only 18 years old, and looking like a very quick learner, he can pick up the ground game and be a very well rounded fighter by the time he's 20.

The big money and fame are in MMA. If he's smart he will continue training MMA. At only 18 years old, and looking like a very quick learner, he can pick up the ground game and be a very well rounded fighter by the time he's 20.
Not in Japan. Kickboxing has always been top dog.

Yes he still is, he was only 30 years old when he fought Tenshin. Many people considered the prime age is between 26-32.
Thais usually peak a lot earlier due to the massive amount of fights they have at young ages. Age is rarely a great indicator of prime in general, it's wildly different from fighter to fighter.

His striking is impressive! His kickboxing background and credentials back this.
Kit Cope also supposedly had great MT/KB background and credentials but he was dogshit bad at MMA.

Kit Cope also supposedly had great MT/KB background and credentials but he was dogshit bad at MMA.

No, he didn't. Dogshit kickboxing resume.

Yes he still is, he was only 30 years old when he fought Tenshin. Many people considered the prime age is between 26-32.

Not true, when you have 300 fights already and fighting since you're 10.

I wouldn't say he's in his prime, but he's still really good.

Last edited:
If he was blond with blue eyes sherdog would hate his guts lol.

2 and 0???

Holy shit he's undefeated!!!!

Let's give him the Habib treatment early and shoot him up the ranks.

A number of great strikers turned out poorly in MMA but many of them have also had much success. Will have to see how Tenshin progresses.

30 is really old for a Muay Thai fighter. He's one of the oldest fighters in the sport still competing at a good level and has been in many of the hardest and most intense fights in recent history. I've followed his career for the last 7 or 8 years and I know he was better around 20011-2012.

all I know is his mega-swag entrance music has been stuck in my head for days

RIZIN either needs to build a strong 125lb division, or Tenshin needs to put on a lot of weight!

RIZIN either needs to build a strong 125lb division, or Tenshin needs to put on a lot of weight!
Rizin has what, three or four events per year? I don't think they want or need to build any divisions per se. Just keeping making good or fun individual fights and tournaments with that kind of frequency.

Rizin has what, three or four events per year? I don't think they want or need to build any divisions per se. Just keeping making good or fun individual fights and tournaments with that kind of frequency.
... should have more than that.

Will NEED to have more than that if they want to become bigger and more popular.

Huh? He's basicly only trained MMA for a month, and in 48 hours he became 2-0 in MMA and even submitted a guy. He's 18 years old as well. How is that not impressive?

Also, did you see he armbar he as caught in, in his first fight? That shit was locked in and he didn't tap. It was crazy.
Because it's rizin. I'd be more impressed if those wins were in ONE.

Because it's rizin. I'd be more impressed if those wins were in ONE.
It's somehow more impressive if he were to beat up random Indonesians and Egyptians instead?

No, he didn't. Dogshit kickboxing resume.
  • International Professional Muay Thai Organization
    • IPMTO World Light Heavyweight Championship
  • International Thai Boxing Federation
    • ITBF World Light Welterweight Championship
  • World Muay Thai Association
    • WMTA World Welterweight Championship
  • World Muay Thai Federation
    • WMTF World Welterweight Championship
  • International Karate Kickboxing Council
    • IKKC International Welterweight Championship
Also, Joe Rogan kept making it a big point how he "went to Thailand" and "beat Thais" at their own game (y'know typical Joe Rogan bullshit). But yeah, not bad MT resume.

Tenshin has a fun style to watch. He looks damn good to me (considering his experience). Japan needs it's heros.

Back