Tenshin Nasukawa Open Workout for RIZIN 14

Tenshin has no idea how to box

his mechanics are technically perfect, he will have to figure out the distance and timing but he'll pick it up
i imagine we see him cross over to pro boxing in a year or two

Anything less than a draw with Floyd will be horrible. I imagine there will be no judges?

Do we see the same video?

What's so bad about it?

Naoya Inoue's trainer has said that Tenshin had the capability to break the world record by winning a world boxing title within 2 pro fights.

Do we see the same video?

What's so bad about it?

Naoya Inoue's trainer has said that Tenshin had the capability to break the world record by winning a world boxing title within 2 pro fights.

his biggest skill I think is his defense which is pretty good and as a result his head is moving in the right direction when getting hit most of the time unlike most of his opponents lol. Also he throws a good single counter punch.

Other than that his boxing is pretty bad..he doesn't slip (he sucks at counter slip), his jab is not effective (he cannot turn it into a straight or double up on it etc), he cannot throw straight punches in combinations off the counter, when he throws a good straight counter he often tries to follow it up with slow and telegraphed hooks which will not work against a good boxer, his body punching is not effective ..also he cannot counter moving forward he can only counter while moving back..

just observations after watching him fight against poor boxers

of course he is better at boxing than most of the MT/kickboxing fighters he meets and he is also very athletic and has excellent kicks/knees etc

McCregor is a way better boxer IMO

What are the odds of this exhibition ending like berbick vs takada where tenshin starts kicking floyd when he isnt supposed to?

Slim to none. There is probably language in the contract with huge financial repercussions if that were to happen. Likely the same sort of language used with Conor McGregor. But if Rizin is going out of business anyhow, try getting blood out of a stone....

I'm more curious about who the ref will be for this bout and if there are no judges. The pace will probably be a lot quicker than a regular boxing match.

his biggest skill I think is his defense which is pretty good and as a result his head is moving in the right direction when getting hit most of the time unlike most of his opponents lol. Also he throws a good single counter punch.

Other than that his boxing is pretty bad..he doesn't slip (he sucks at counter slip), his jab is not effective (he cannot turn it into a straight or double up on it etc), he cannot throw straight punches in combinations off the counter, when he throws a good straight counter he often tries to follow it up with slow and telegraphed hooks which will not work against a good boxer, his body punching is not effective ..also he cannot counter moving forward he can only counter while moving back..

just observations after watching him fight against poor boxers

of course he is better at boxing than most of the MT/kickboxing fighters he meets and he is also very athletic and has excellent kicks/knees etc

McCregor is a way better boxer IMO
McGregor's technique is shit, he doesnt engage his hips at all, has his chin straight up in the air, he has no power and no defense

McGregor cannot box, the only way you think he is a better technical boxer is if you also cannot box

McGregor's technique is shit, he doesnt engage his hips at all, has his chin straight up in the air, he has no power and no defense

McGregor cannot box, the only way you think he is a better technical boxer is if you also cannot box

He doesn't need to engage his hips, Jabs and straights do not involve the hips..

He doesn't need to engage his hips, Jabs and straights do not involve the hips..

Every punch involves the hips

Go and pretend you know what you're talking about somewhere else

Last edited by a moderator:
Every punch involves the hips you dipshit

Go and pretend you know what you're talking about somewhere else

Where does a jab or straight involve the hips?

Also why are you insulting me? Did I make you angry or do you just want to cover up for your complete lack of knowledge ?

Also just to teach you a little bit, a body hook punch involves the hips, not a straight punch

Also why are you insulting me? Did I make you angry or do you just want to cover up for your complete lack of knowledge ?

Also just to teach you a little bit, a body hook punch involves the hips, not a straight punch
You must've trained at a wing chun school.

You must've trained at a wing chun school.

No I didn't train at any school lol,

A straight punch is not thrown from the hips, period

You can throw it from the shoulders if you want, in that case the hips just follow

You exposed yourself as a fraud, no one will ever take you seriously again smh

I'm no boxer, and while I watch boxing, I wouldn't say I'm a student of the "Sweet Science". But the one thing I've always been told about boxing, and striking, in general, is that power comes from dropping your hips.

Tenshin is not a boxer though...I've been following his career for about 2 years now, and he is just an awesome stand-up fighter, he does some things that are truly spectacular on many levels at such a young age. His MMA skills are developing as well, so quite possible that he will make it to US soil for a fight in the near future. But this whole Floyd Mayweather affair is kinda junky, Tenshin will be played with....not much he can do even against a 55 year old Floyd.

I wouldn't say ' he has no idea how to box ' my mother has no idea how to box, Tenshin knows how to box...he just isn't a boxer. He trains boxing under Yuichi Kasai, a former title contender.

TS, no one is watching your shit sideways video...maybe use this one instead.

He has pretty crisp hands and hand speed, he won't be quick enough anywhere near quick enough to catch Floyd though and his power isn't as deadly as some of the boxers Floyd has fought.

Would love to see Floyd lose for taking such gimme fights, either stay retired or box properly, just don't waste peoples time with rubbish like this. He is just being ridiculously greedy for money and can't stand being out of the spotlight.

Last edited:
Back