Teraji vs Cañizales Jan.23rd from Tokyo

I have Amazon Prime but that's only for Japan...

Top Rank and Sky Sports have a deal, but this event isn't part of it...

Why u do dis?

Dalakian eats right hands when he lets his hands go. He’s losing this do far.

There seems to be something wrong with Dalakian. Ring rust maybe. He just isn’t there.

The guy fought like he hated his belt.

Never was a believer in Tenshin as a kickboxer. He never belonged anywhere near a P4P list.

Don't know anything about his opponent but after a quick glance at the guys record it seems Tenshin is still being protected.

Robles came to fight but the guy is way too slow and working with a limited skillset.

Still hope he puts dude out-out.

20-18 Tenshin

Tenshin is cracking his opponent repeatedly but just seems to carry absolutely no power with boxing gloves.

30-27 Tenshin

Tenshin's opponent retired on his stool after the third round. Seems like some type of ankle injury, likely pre-existing, hope dude got paid.

We’ll see how Tenshin deals with an opponent that can move around him. This one was a sitting duck. The kid is still fun to watch, especially the way he goes for the liver.

Last edited:
Never was a believer in Tenshin as a kickboxer. He never belonged anywhere near a P4P list.

Don't know anything about his opponent but after a quick glance at the guys record it seems Tenshin is still being protected.

Tenshin was absolutely a P4P level kickboxer, make a thread in the MT/KB sub if you want other opinions. Same as Yoshiki Takei was before he moved to boxing.

As for his opponent today... it was Tenshin's third pro fight and he fought someone who is 15-2-1... how is that being protected? He's still learning boxing basics after fighting as a karateka/kickboxer since he was a kid. I don't get comments like these at all.

There seems to be something wrong with Dalakian. Ring rust maybe. He just isn’t there.

This week Dalakian said he wanted Teraji next, and then Bam or Martinez. Definitely wasn't overlooking his opponent at all.

A war has broken out.

Teraji dropped his opponent in the first two rounds then got dropped himself in the third.

Teraji is being extremely defensively irresponsible but its why I love his fights.

Missed the fight til now. Who's winning?

i thought teraji controlled the pace for most of the bout.
canizales was good at "making it seem" like he was landing for the last 30 sec of each round.

but still a tough opponent. great close fight.

i dont know why teraji chooses to always slug it out.
he could have outboxed that guy all day if he wanted to.....

i thought teraji controlled the pace for most of the bout.
canizales was good at "making it seem" like he was landing for the last 30 sec of each round.

but still a tough opponent. great close fight.

i dont know why teraji chooses to always slug it out.
he could have outboxed that guy all day if he wanted to.....
May be he is trying not to get completely overshadowed by Inoue who also KO'd him in the amateurs (no footage of this fight yet found unfortunately)

Q: When we think of you we think of knockouts, but is that how you prefer to win?

Inoue: "Well yes - pro boxing wouldn't exist without the fans, and the fans want to see a knockout, so I want to give it to them."

Japan's Naoya Inoue destroys boxing stereotypes

Inoue, owner of three of the world's four bantamweight crowns, would hardly disagree. "As a professional boxer, I don't only want to win," he said during a news conference at the Foreign Correspondents' Club of Japan in Tokyo on June 27, after earning The Ring's PFP (pound for pound) title. "My aim is to put on a wonderful show for fans with a knockout. I think my way of boxing was recognized and has let me enter the rankings that heavier boxers have dominated."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Sports/Japan-s-Naoya-Inoue-destroys-boxing-stereotypes

Inoue initially thought he didn’t have to knock out Fulton to win but could box his way to a decision victory.

However, he changed his mind when he heard one fan impatiently shout: “C’mon, finish him now!”

https://www.asahi.com/ajw/articles/14966286

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back