Terence Crawford vs. Egidijus Kavaliauskas likely for early 2019

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/1...-egidijus-kavaliauskas-likely-for-early-2019/

After the fight ended, Crawford said,“I want ‘em all,” in talking about wanting to face the top welterweights Errol Spence Jr., Shawn Porter, Keith Thurman and Danny Garcia.

Unfortunately, the fighter that Crawford will likely be facing next is fellow Top Rank fighter #2 WBO Egidijus Kavaliauskas (20-0, 16 KOs), according to Dan Rafael. Kavaliauskas and Alexander Besputin (11-0, 9 KOs) will be fighting in a WBO welterweight title eliminator against on November 16. The winner is expected to be the 30-year-old Kavaliauskas, who is expected be Crawford’s next opponent. Since Kavaliauskas is signed on with Top Rank, which it makes it unfortunately another in house fight involving Crawford facing his promoters fighters.

If Crawford vs. Kavaliauskas is next, then it’ll be his third straight fight against a Top Rank fighter, and his 5th in his last 11 fights. It’s up to Top Rank if they mostly want to match Crawford against mostly fighters from their own promotional stable, but the boxing public wants to see him fight the talented fighters like Spence, Thurman, Danny Garcia and Shawn Porter rather than Kavaliauskas, Jose Benavidez Jr., Jeff Horn, Viktor Postol and Raymundo Beltran.

Unfortunately, Top Rank doesn't have any top Welterweights for Crawford going forward. This fight (Kavaliauskas is the #13 ranked WW per BoxRec) is probably the best that they can do without reaching out to Haymon to make a much more significant fight against a top Welterweight. Last month Crawford re-upped with Top Rank for a multi-year eight figure deal. Spence, from what I understand, also has an eight figure deal over on the Haymon/PBC side. Top Rank helped Crawford get to where he is now but all of his future opponents in the division with any name value are “on the other side of the street” (Spence, Thurman, Porter, Garcia, Pac (reportedly), Broner, and Vargas).

Terence Crawford Signs New Multi-Year Agreement With Top Rank - Top Rank Boxing

Last edited:
Feels like Crawford has been on a 10-fight build up to a signature, career defining fight since the fight with Gamboa, who in turn managed to do not much of anything. I've viewed Crawford has one the future greats but it has been wasted. He's 31, time to fight the best out there and that is not Kavaliaskaulaiuskas.

Feels like Crawford has been on a 10-fight build up to a signature, career defining fight since the fight with Gamboa, who in turn managed to do not much of anything. I've viewed Crawford has one the future greats but it has been wasted. He's 31, time to fight the best out there and that is not Kavaliaskaulaiuskas.

He did fight Postol, but yea, this is getting boring.

Step up Bud, don't be a dud

He did fight Postol, but yea, this is getting boring.

Step up Bud, don't be a dud
He had his chance to step up by signing w Haymon

I said earlier TR would snatch up one of Haymon’s 147 lbrs but with Pacquiao now in the mix you know all those guys are going to stick around with PBC for a chance to get a big paycheck

If I'm Crawford, I gotta ask myself why I'm fighting a guy like this in my 2nd defense instead of working on unifying.

Bob needs to turn the reigns over to Todd pronto. His stable is growing thin and he's been less than willing to work with rival promotions to make good fights. Top Rank and Goldenboy need to stop doing business as usual or the likes of Haymon and Hearn are going to do a number on them.

If I'm Crawford, I gotta ask myself why I'm fighting a guy like this in my 2nd defense instead of working on unifying.

Bob needs to turn the reigns over to Todd pronto. His stable is growing thin and he's been less than willing to work with rival promotions to make good fights. Top Rank and Goldenboy need to stop doing business as usual or the likes of Haymon and Hearn are going to do a number on them.
Except for Crawford he's making a minimum of $3 million a fight under the espn deal, it was an extension if I recall correctly, so he def made the best choice for him financially. But there isn't money to be made fighting anyone else in the division under co-promotion other than Spence, so what do you want them to do?

Except for Crawford he's making a minimum of $3 million a fight under the espn deal, it was an extension if I recall correctly, so he def made the best choice for him financially. But there isn't money to be made fighting anyone else in the division under co-promotion other than Spence, so what do you want them to do?

If all they're concerned about is the immediate bottom line, then sure. If Crawford doesn't want to unify, I suppose I'm not one to judge.

If all they're concerned about is the immediate bottom line, then sure. If Crawford doesn't want to unify, I suppose I'm not one to judge.
Crawford vs Porter or D Garcia isn't a PPV and doesn't make much, if anything, more than what he will on the ESPN deal. The only thing it does is allow for easier negotiations between him and Spence Jr. and it's not gonna change the money he makes in the fight one way or another. And Thurman doesn't even fight anymore so i'm not including him.

It's just those are the fights people want to see.

Egidijus fights like a brawler in the 1940s

Crawford vs Porter or D Garcia isn't a PPV and doesn't make much, if anything, more than what he will on the ESPN deal. The only thing it does is allow for easier negotiations between him and Spence Jr. and it's not gonna change the money he makes in the fight one way or another. And Thurman doesn't even fight anymore so i'm not including him.

It's just those are the fights people want to see.

You keep talking about different things than me. I think that's cool.

Top Rank can eat a dick.

The only upside to TR not having any kind of WW stable is that Custio Clayton might get a shot at Crawford's belt.

Arum says he want the best guys for Crawford like Spence and then sets him up with a guy I never heard of with a name I can't pronounce.

You keep talking about different things than me. I think that's cool.
You're asking why he isn't working on unifying and I listed every reason why he can't. What more do you want? You can't unify if you cant co-promote because there isn't enough money to make things profitable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back