Terence Crawford vs Tim Tszyu?

TankAbbott4Eva

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Bernie Davis thinks Tszyu is an attractive option apparently, there might be more dough in coming down here apparently, Tim is a big name now and a draw.

You assume that Crawford wins, but it's hard to tell how much Spence Jr had declined since the accident. Maybe it's a good time to fight Crawford (if there ever is one) as he hasn't been that active recently.

Anyway would be a huge event for the country, coupled with Kambosos v Loma in a few months would be great for Aussie boxing!

Reactions: mon
Personally I think it's too early for Tim to fight Bud. His chances are real slim and Bud doesn't just beat opponents he stops them. While we've yet to see how Bud looks at 154 I don't like Tim's chances. He'd be a huge underdog in that one. Imagine if he pulled it off though. That'd be something.

It’s an interesting fight and I’d definitely watch. I might even pay, too, if reasonably priced and featuring a decent undercard. Having said that, it will be a tough PPV sell in North America.

Personally I think it's too early for Tim to fight Bud. His chances are real slim and Bud doesn't just beat opponents he stops them. While we've yet to see how Bud looks at 154 I don't like Tim's chances. He'd be a huge underdog in that one. Imagine if he pulled it off though. That'd be something.

That's why I think it's worth the risk for Tim, he's got a chance to knock basically the best fighter in the world off. He doesn't really have a name in the US yet, well beating Crawford would fix that too. Though it could be a painful result...

It’s an interesting fight and I’d definitely watch. I might even pay, too, if reasonably priced and featuring a decent undercard. Having said that, it will be a tough PPV sell in North America.

I guess the decision to have the fight down here would hinge on the amount the relevant state government are willing to put in. The answer is quite a bit, there's been a lot of funding recently for big events like concerts, sporting events etc since COVID.

tszyu is prob the best choice for crawford next
crawford is going to choose the safest with most money
bud likes tszyu, because he doesn't have the power

while he's going to avoid ennis by like the plague

with all that said, i honestly think tszyu will make it competitive

tszyu is prob the best choice for crawford next
crawford is going to choose the safest with most money
bud likes tszyu, because he doesn't have the power

while he's going to avoid ennis by like the plague

with all that said, i honestly think tszyu will make it competitive

Generally speaking I think Crawford would be in the "cash out" phase in his career, chasing Canelo fights, unification fights etc for his legacy.

So taking on a young up and comer who is undefeated and with a decent KO ratio doesn't seem like a smart move. The only thing I can really conclude is that Crawford is 100% sure he wins this one well.

crawford aint gonna fight canelo. LOL.

that's just talk.
crawford isn't going to risk fight a heavier, KO fisted opponent.

Exciting news.

If Crawford wants to fight Tszyu then he's smarter to get in sooner because Tszyu just keeps getting better.

Crawford would be the heavy favourite, but I don't think Tszyu is an easy fight for anyone right now.

Let's see if he bites...

Reactions: mon
I would think they fight at super welterweight, right? Since Crawford doesn't want to fight Boots and never showed much interest in clearing the division, I'd imagine uniting Super Welterweight would be the final phase of his career.

I would think they fight at super welterweight, right? Since Crawford doesn't want to fight Boots and never showed much interest in clearing the division, I'd imagine uniting Super Welterweight would be the final phase of his career.

Yeah I would assume it's at super welter. I think Crawford's plan was to fight there the next fight anyway and then maybe put on more weight for Canelo

crawford aint gonna fight canelo. LOL.

that's just talk.
crawford isn't going to risk fight a heavier, KO fisted opponent.
Crawford also said he might have one fight left and a fight with Canelo would earn him 20-30 million dollars. Why would he fight Tszyu for peanuts before retirering?

Crawford also said he might have one fight left and a fight with Canelo would earn him 20-30 million dollars. Why would he fight Tszyu for peanuts before retirering?

Yeah, the fight itself is interesting but it hardly makes sense businesswise for Crawford.

tszyu is far from peanuts. not canelo level money, but he's a star in austrailia.

i guarantee, crawford is going to choose the easier fight.
crawford got too much pride to risk losing for money.

tszyu is far from peanuts. not canelo level money, but he's a star in austrailia.

i guarantee, crawford is going to choose the easier fight.
crawford got too much pride to risk losing for money.

Tszyu can offer big money for a fight like this in Oz. We're not talking Canelo money or Saudi money but if we take Horn v Manny as a guide with PPVs (Tszyu being much bigger in Oz than Horn + also overseas) then it's $5-$10 million depending on the deal. Manny was guaranteed $10 mill but he's a megastar (but Tszyu is bigger than Horn to balance)

Not Saudi money, not Canelo money either probably but Tszyu is a big deal in Oz and so is Crawford in the boxing world.

So yeah Tszyu isn't a peanuts fight (at this weight) and may be a better/safer step than trying Canelo.

Tszyu can offer big money for a fight like this in Oz. We're not talking Canelo money or Saudi money but if we take Horn v Manny as a guide with PPVs (Tszyu being much bigger in Oz than Horn + also overseas) then it's $5-$10 million depending on the deal. Manny was guaranteed $10 mill but he's a megastar (but Tszyu is bigger than Horn to balance)

Not Saudi money, not Canelo money either probably but Tszyu is a big deal in Oz and so is Crawford in the boxing world.

So yeah Tszyu isn't a peanuts fight (at this weight) and may be a better/safer step than trying Canelo.

I agree, Crawford is getting 8 digit pay for fighting Tszyu. Not peanuts at all, especially if he thinks it's a layup.

I agree, Crawford is getting 8 digit pay for fighting Tszyu. Not peanuts at all, especially if he thinks it's a layup.

If he does I stand corrected. That's good enough and taking a 154 belt from a legit champ is pretty decent legacywise.

Back