Texas Police Officer, Kenneth Copeland, Ambushed And Shot To Death Serving Warrant

LOLOLOLOLOL

Look at the causes of death "in the line of duty."

Good to know those 1,000 people killed by police was because the cops were scared of drowning in a boating accident or being mauled by a tiger.
Statistics, bruh. Suck on it.

LOLOLOLOLOL

Good to know those 1,000 people killed by police was because the cops were scared of drowning in a boating accident or being mauled by a tiger.

Jeez. Cars are almost as dangerous as guns

LOLOLOLOLOL

How is that funny? You literally just posted 80 deaths between 2005 and 2017 a total of 80 investigations have been or are underway regarding wrongful police killings. And I just showed that there were 43 in 2017 alone from gunfire related incidents let alone all the other job-related risks they endure. I don't see the humor at all.

Great my apologies for thinking you thought it was shameful of him to thread spam. I misinterpreted it. And I now see that you never believed it was shameful of him to thread spam.

Once again, my apologies for reading your post wrong or misinterpreting it.

I did think it was a shame that he brought attention to it in the manner that he did, which I already stated multiple times. It is hard to start a pro-police topic and to get people to actually be open to it, and I thought it would derail the topic because the initial response would be defensiveness (which is was, read the beginning of the two threads).

But that's okay, at least now some people are having a quality discussion. A discussion that is occurring because at least he brought it up. He and I have had a good conversation about it.

It's very hard to get people to have a conversation that is pro-police. I tried in this thread and got a total of 23 replies.

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/an-officer-that-deserves-media-attention.3478703/

Statistics, bruh. Suck on it.

Glad to see you caught this ridiculous line of Trotsky's: "Good to know those 1,000 people killed by police was because the cops were scared of drowning in a boating accident or being mauled by a tiger."

You're doing great quick-replying expose's. Keep it up!

Glad to see you caught this ridiculous line of Trotsky's: "Good to know those 1,000 people killed by police was because the cops were scared of drowning in a boating accident or being mauled by a tiger."

You're doing great quick-replying expose's. Keep it up!

How in the hell did a tiger mauling not get its own thread

LOLOLOLOLOL

I don't understand what is funny about those statistics. I'm sure there are also plenty of officers who are wounded, but not killed, by a perpetrator.

The fear is definitely there, even if the statistics do not support it in your view. In addition to officers who are shot, the officers also encounter traumatic scenes that have an effect on their mindset.

For example, my friend is an officer, she's 28. She's already seen three dead bodies in the suburbs, and showed up just as a man committed suicide by cop. So if she showed up 5 minutes earlier, she would have killed somebody. This is all in one of the nicest counties in the country.

Imagine being in Baltimore. You may see enough dead bodies and horrific scenes to have a genuine fear when you're out on the streets. That does not excuse cops for killing when they shouldn't, not at all. But I don't think we should mock the underlying fear that may contribute to it.

I don't understand what is funny about those statistics. I'm sure there are also plenty of officers who are wounded, but not killed, by a perpetrator.

The fear is definitely there, even if the statistics do not support it in your view. In addition to officers who are shot, the officers also encounter traumatic scenes that have an effect on their mindset.

For example, my friend is an officer, she's 28. She's already seen three dead bodies in the suburbs, and showed up just as a man committed suicide by cop. So if she showed up 5 minutes earlier, she would have killed somebody. This is all in one of the nicest counties in the country.

Imagine being in Baltimore. You may see enough dead bodies and horrific scenes to have a genuine fear when you're out on the streets. That does not excuse cops for killing when they shouldn't, not at all. But I don't think we should mock the underlying fear that may contribute to it.

At what point does the weight of the statistical disparity begin to weaken your unconditional compassion? When it's 10,000 civilians killed for every officer killed?

Coal miners are considerably more likely to be killed on the job than cops: should be use their reasonable fear of death to excuse them mauling down civilians?

Anyways, more seriously, of course cops rationally fear things like any other human. However, that doesn't excuse them being poorly trained to treat the public as hostile and to shoot first and ask questions later, and scantly held accountable for their actions.

Also, what's funny is that splendica cited to a police community site with uncited figures that included boating accidents and heart attacks to talk about the blood lust against cops.

At what point does the weight of the statistical disparity begin to weaken your unconditional compassion? When it's 10,000 civilians killed for every officer killed?

I don't have unconditional compassion for officers who shoot people. For me, that is always a case by case situation.

I am just expressing a compassion for good cops who have to see terrible things, and may be understandably effected by it. But that does not excuse bad policing, or violent cops at all. That's not my intention whatsoever.

Coal miners are considerably more likely to be killed on the job than cops: should be use their reasonable fear of death to excuse them mauling down civilians?

Anyways, more seriously, of course cops rationally fear things like any other human. However, that doesn't excuse them being poorly trained to treat the public as hostile and to shoot first and ask questions later, and scantly held accountable for their actions.

I agree that officers need better training. I also think that a lot of people who go into law enforcement do it for the wrong reasons, and do not have the personality that is necessary to do it effectively. That is not unique to law enforcement, but the consequences are much more dire.

I've had both good and bad experiences with officers. I've definitely encountered officers on a power trip, and I could imagine they would be very dangerous in an elevated situation. That is a scary thing.

I think it's important to get to the bottom of violence against police officers in the US. Are there systemic problems that are creating a culture of violence against law enforcement? In my opinion there clearly is.

I do think that violence against LEOs has taken an uptick lately, but I don't think it's an all-time high (probably still the mid 70's and early 90's, the historically high crime rate times), still, I don't think anyone would argue that the relations between the police and civilians has more than a few problems.

I do think that the media has had a negative effect on these relations (although I don't believe that its the primary cause). I also think the media has helped contribute to the increase in mass shootings as well. It's important to note here that I'm not talking about singular journalists with partisan leanings who publish factual exposes.

I'm talking about the giant mass media conglomerates who exists only to make money. They would run a 24 hour news-cycle of a baby being cooked in a microwave if it would get them views on their advertisements. They push stories that get people watching and don't care why people watch (hint: usually it's because they are angry or shocked).

I think that the privatization of the media presents numerous problems on it's own, but those problems were magnified 1000x times when we allowed the big news companies to buy out all the little news companies and merge together to form the like 5 major behemoths that exist today. Such giant parent companies will invariably have conflict of interest problems when the things that are being reported on conflict with the financial interests of the news station masters.

I digress, I could write about the problems of a privatized media all day. Suffice to say, I do believe that the big media channels focus on violence and division in order to make more money, and we're all the poorer for it. It's also had a shit effect on our politics.

However, another factor which has contributed to policing violence (by policing violence I mean more danger for the cop, and more danger for the suspects) are the tougher sentencing laws that are always popularized every election cycle. The U.S. gives out ridiculous sentences that are often out-of-step with the severity of the crime, especially for drug-related crimes.

Starting with Nixon, almost every president has run on "Tough on crime", and then attempted to tighten up the laws even more. They can only get so strict before criminals decide they might as well try to evade capture by any means necessary rather than do the time and move on with their life.

Prison itself has become an industrial complex with the goal of making money. In order for prisons to make money, they need prisoners, hence the order gets passed down from the top (probably some sleazy bum-fuck politician with his hand in the prison's money pocket) to make more arrests, and then the DA's get the memo to get longer sentences. Pretty soon you're looking at an industry that wants to expand. Sometimes the top of the police / sheriffs office are incentivized to make more arrests as well (civil forfeiture, I'm looking at you). I don't think any of the above factors are really the fault of the rank and file officers (who are the ones who tend to get shot, by the way). The police officers are neither in charge of sentencing, nor are they ones who create the arrest quotas and all that stuff. However, politically, it does seem like they tend to support the stricter sentencing stuff, and I don't know how much they reflect on the benefits versus the cons for how that effects their job.

Anyway, there is also a circle of violence going on that the police didn't necessarily create, but they are helping perpetuate. Many of the police (especially in the inner cities, which, let's face it, is more often than not where we're talking about) don't live in the area they are policing. They're just visitors there that are worried bout completing their mission and making it home, rather than focusing their attention on the fact that they are supposed to be protecting and serving the people in the hood as well. The police are scared for their life, so they start wearing body armor and carrying high-powered rifles, but it's not doing the trick. Suddenly, they're getting ambushed, and now the officers are more on edge. Their trigger fingers get itchy and mistakes are made (some honest, some not). Now the officers think they need more firepower (maybe an urban assualt vehicle, maybe a tank), and the criminals begin to think that if there's a good chance that they'll get locked away for life for a minor crime, or get shot by a paranoid cop before they even make it to jail, then why bother letting the cops take them at all. The criminals begin to resist more. More ambushes. The cops get a tank and suddenly IEDs start popping up hidden under trash in the streets. The cops become the soldiers, the hood becomes occupied territory, and criminals turn into the insurgents, and then there is no difference between being police and being a soldier.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/05/us/san-marcos-police-officer-killed/index.html

"Kenneth Copeland was not supposed to be working Monday. Now he's being memorialized as a hero.

The veteran officer with the San Marcos, Texas, police department was shot and killed in the line of duty Monday afternoon while trying to serve an arrest warrant.
He and other officers were serving the warrant in a subdivision about 2:23 p.m. when a suspect opened fire on them 'much like in an ambush type of situation,' said San Marcos Police Chief Chase Stapp at a news conference."

>

'The suspect surrendered to officers and was transported to a hospital with a gunshot wound. He will be taken into custody when he's medically stable, Stapp said. It was not immediately known whether the suspect shot himself or was shot by an officer on the scene,' Stapp said.

'Police are not identifying the suspect until he can be taken before a judge and formally charged,' Stapp said."

Sad that cops get killed regularly while just trying to do their jobs of serving and protecting like this man did. Ambushed.

The suspect is being given careful treatment until formal charging, so, as of the time of the article, has not been identified.

What a dangerous job it is being a police officer and it comes with so much disrespect and hate. Very sad.

are you really going to make a thread every time a cop is killed?

thats all we need. then the wr will be nothing but "look at this bad muslim" and "look at this poor cop."

are you really going to make a thread every time a cop is killed?

thats all we need. then the wr will be nothing but "look at this bad muslim" and "look at this poor cop."

I made 2. And it seems there are sure plenty of threads about cops killing civilians, especially black civilians by white cops. I think the last cop thread about them getting killed was the Dallas sniper thread.

Good thing you're not a mod. None of my posts have been "shit-posts".

Your posting, however, is really substandard. Seano, who's one of the better posters on this board called you out on it a couple of days ago. Hopefully you shape up.

Not sure its going to register.

I made 2. And it seems there are sure plenty of threads about cops killing civilians, especially black civilians by white cops. I think the last cop thread about then getting killed was the Dallas sniper thread.

well thats because violence against cops/soldiers is sort of expected.

cops killing civilians is more outrageous, for what should be obvious reasons.

pa5-cop-death-chart.gif

0716killingspolice01.png

This post is way more generous than I'm willing to be. I'd dump both threads and give him dubs. He's done this multiple times in the past with his shit threads.

Pleased to see your true colors come out, authoritarian.

I made 2. And it seems there are sure plenty of threads about cops killing civilians, especially black civilians by white cops. I think the last cop thread about them getting killed was the Dallas sniper thread.

Lol, you make two threads and your getting all this blow-back.

How the fuck are you going to get shot on your day off???
chris-tucker-ice-cube-friday-friday-688796592.jpg

Well, I wouldn't, but that's why you're president and I'm not. btw I hope one of your first official acts as pres will be to start a year end awards.

The year end threads always turn into circle jerk sessions, but they are still highly amusing.

Back