Texas school board votes to remove Clinton, Keller, Hobbes from history curriculum; adds Moses

Trotsky

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
While Hillary Clinton, the first female nominee from a major party, and Helen Keller were appraised to lack the requisite contributions to American history, "Judeo-Christian values" made the cut, and the biblical figure Moses has replaced Thomas Hobbes in the section on "individuals whose principles of laws and government institutions informed the American founding."
"In Texas, you don't mess with the Alamo and you don't mess with our Christian heritage. We applaud the majority of the State Board of Education for doing the right thing by restoring our foundational rights and history," said Jonathan Saenz, the president of the group.
In other news, Texas history books will now document the 2016 presidential election as being a glorious victory of Christlike god-man Donald Trump over a swarm of pagan locusts.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/texas-...move-hillary-clinton-from-history-curriculum/

484751_10151675573057791_201277932_n.jpg

Last edited:
We told you guys editing history was a bad look. You didn't believe us though...

Clinton is bigger and more influential than Moses ever was

I’m just gonna score this as a victory for Jews.

Pretty fucked to remove Hobbes though.

Pretty absurd, I read about this earlier. Especially removing Keller.

I'll tell you what though, for some odd reason that picture is badass.

Hobbes is the most fucked up removal imo.

We told you guys editing history was a bad look. You didn't believe us though...

We've believed you all along, since this has been going on for decades and much of the United States gets its history books from Texas, which has repeatedly chosen to marginalize the influence of actual historians and has played with the notion of removing "unpatriotic" history and mandating teaching creationism.

I’m just gonna score this as a victory for Jews.

Pretty fucked to remove Hobbes though.
In a way it is. Before Jews weren't even considered white and we barely let them in the country but now they're included in this supposed shared "Judaeo-Christian" tradition which was really invented relatively recently. The founders themselves would almost certainly not have recognized that term and most certainly would not have cited it as an influence on them.

In fact before the 20th century it was a pejorative, dating back to the era of the Reconquista and Inquisition and referred to Jewish communities that had converted to Catholicism with a connotation of suspicion that they secretly remained Jewish.

And yet now there's the myth that they've always been a part of a shared tradition that is central to the founding of this country. It goes to show you how effective the US is at integrating foreign populations that at first are seen as intrinsically alien and unable to assimilate.

In a way it is. Before Jews weren't even considered white and we barely let them in the country but now they're included in this supposed shared "Judaeo-Christian" tradition which was really invented relatively recently. The founders themselves would almost certainly not have recognized that term and most certainly would not have cited it as an influence on them.

In fact before the 20th century it was a pejorative, dating back to the era of the Reconquista and Inquisition and referred to Jewish communities that had converted to Catholicism with a connotation of suspicion that they secretly remained Jewish.

And yet now there's the myth that they've always been a part of a shared tradition that is central to the founding of this country. It goes to show you how effective the US is at integrating foreign populations that at first are seen as intrinsically alien and unable to assimilate.

Maybe someday it will be "Abrahamic values" and Muslims will be retroactively welcomed to exclude Hindus and Buddhists.

If it was taught in a secular way (I know it won't be) I don't see anything wrong talking about Moses and the 10 Commandments and their influence on government in the western world today. But I wouldn't replace Leviathan for that.

And Helen Keller was a bad ass. I'm not sure if her historical significance really holds up to being mandatory learning, but she should be an inspiration for all kids. She was dealt the shittiest hand, didn't give up, and still made something of her life. Went to college, became a lecturer, and an activist for social acceptance of people with disabilities.

edit:
Clinton I am indifferent about. I think she will ultimately fall through the historical cracks once females become more common at all levels of government.

Maybe someday it will be "Abrahamic values" and Muslims will be retroactively welcomed to exclude Hindus and Buddhists.
Yeah I've thought the same thing at times. We'll see.

Yeah I've thought the same thing at times. We'll see.

Water it down enough, and anyone could drink it!

In theory you could find commonalities in all religious beliefs and form a new religion based on those.

Water it down enough, and anyone could drink it!

In theory you could find commonalities in all religious beliefs and form a new religion based on those.
What you call "watering down" is the process of assimilation itself. Its never been a one way street.

Last edited:
Reminds of a shirt I saw. The front said “Don’t mess with Texas” and the back said “because it’s not nice to pick on retards.”

Things like this are just embarrassing.

LOL
As absurd as this is (minus editing out the vile and rancid flyblown moose cunt Hillary, that is), the left shouldn't have a problem with this.
What's good for the goose and all that.

Maybe they know something we don’t, has anyone heard anything about a funeral lately?

Do these bootheel sucking retards still not know that Moses wasn't real?

Texas won't belong to the party of Supply Side Jesus forever though. Make hayseeds while the sun is shining.

Back