Crime Texas: Two fat hillbillies kill a Father over garbage

I hav’nt made it through the thread, yet but I have the same question that @Madmick had.

Why is putting a mattres in the shared trash bin considered illegal dumping?
Subject to checking the small print, it may be that bulky items such as mattresses have to be left on the kerb and possibly have collection arranged separately.

Info is here for whoever wants to go through it, I may later if I get time.

Other Items
ALLEY:
Keep Behind Property Line
CURBSIDE: No more than 5 feet from the street

If you see any illegal dumping, call (325) 676-3867

Edit: confirmed

Old mattresses are not collected from the usual bins, you have to either arrange collection or drop them off yourself.

Instead of putting those tax $ to work and phoning the illegal dumping line these Good Guys with Guns™ decided to enforce the garbage disposal bylaws with terminal force. That's the American Way, nice work guys, someone could have easily lost their freedom in a situation like this.

oxhf31kt0qty.jpg

Last edited:
A bunch of pussies afraid of catching an ass whoopin.

McDonald's, guns and big ass trucks have led to the pussified a significant portion of this country.

Not education and not respecting your fellow man.

Quite the judgemental view you have...weapons were created so the the strongest didn’t rule the world.

I think what happened is sad on many fronts but your “didn’t want to catch an asswhooping” is just plain stupid...

The victim was the first person to show disrespect, here (both for his neighbors and for the city ordinance laws).

I don’t think those were city ordinance laws. I thought that they were the rules for the trash management company....but then again I’ve been wrong before...

Bruh, it was a decade and a half old Simpson's reference.

giphy.gif

You can't go blaming everything on these changing times. If you didn't get it, you didn't get it; has nothing to do with a shift in vernacular. People have, will, and for the foreseeable future, will continue referencing the Simpsons.

The term paddlin...pre dates the Simpsons by at least a hundred years...

Last edited:
I don't care if it was invented by fucking Jesus!!

It's a dumb slang term that makes ZERO SENSE.

The FACT that it was the SIMPSONS (a fucking cartoon catering to the lowest common denominator) proves my point.

I’m pretty sure the term paddlin predates the simpsons by quite a few decades...wouldn’t be surprised to find out that Mark Twain used it

Subject to checking the small print, it may be that bulky items such as mattresses have to be left on the kerb and possibly have collection arranged separately.

Info is here for whoever wants to go through it, I may later if I get time.

Edit: confirmed

Old mattresses are not collected from the usual bins, you have to either arrange collection or drop them off yourself.

Instead of putting those tax $ to work and phoning the illegal dumping line these Good Guys with Guns™ decided to enforce the garbage disposal bylaws with terminal force. That's the American Way, nice work guys, someone could have easily lost their freedom in a situation like this.

oxhf31kt0qty.jpg

I couldn’t tell if the city actually owns the waste management or if they outsourced it....don’t get me wrong I think what happened is sad and stupid but the stupid goes both ways in this incident. To actually stand your ground and shoot someone over this borderlines on insanity and being a bully with a gun.
What must be going thru the shooters mind to believe they have to enforce at best a city ordinance law.

Are these the type of assholes who would arm themselves to prevent someone from using a pool toy that was on the list of pool toys that could not be used in the pool?

Slang =/= Reference

It might be a colloquialism though because the Simpsons immense popularity has seeded the show's references into the American dialect.

f9e.gif

No, just no to the more you know meme....yes to it is a colloquialism....no just no that the simpsons created it

Never seen someone so eager to shoot someone over nothing. Then again, I never seen someone so eager to get shot over nothing. The perfect hillbilly storm.
This

"Nope, can't back down, I have to show I am tough"

This isn't stand your ground nonsense. People saying this is a justified shooting, feel free to stay down south in the states and never come to Canada. This was not a life of death scenario. This was an intentionally escalated encounter over a fucking mattress so some fat fucks could feel tough with a gun.

I swear the ego of these people all around is just mind numbing stupid. One groups of guys willing to kill to satiate their "Don't back down" ego instead of just going inside and letting law enforcement handle it, the other is willing to go at 2 armed assailants to satiate his ego(All while acting like a tremendous idiot in front of his kids)

Edit: I can't believe people are actually debating whether the guy had a right to drop a mattress of there. That is a completely irrelevant part of this entire scenario. 2 dipshits with guns vs another dipshit making threats = just go inside and do not escalate the situation to feel tough.

This

"Nope, can't back down, I have to show I am tough"

This isn't stand your ground nonsense. People saying this is a justified shooting, feel free to stay down south in the states and never come to Canada. This was not a life of death scenario. This was an intentionally escalated encounter over a fucking mattress so some fat fucks could feel tough with a gun.

I swear the ego of these people all around is just mind numbing stupid. One groups of guys willing to kill to satiate their "Don't back down" ego instead of just going inside and letting law enforcement handle it, the other is willing to go at 2 armed assailants to satiate his ego(All while acting like a tremendous idiot in front of his kids)

Putting macho ego over safety and risk aversion takes a very “special” person.

Now that child he was “poppa bear”ing over has no father.

Big win.

Don't know the local laws in Texas but don't municipalities normally own the dumpsters? If so why and how would people claim ownership of one like in this instance?

You really think the old dude was itching to shoot that crazy dude?

I don’t know that I would use the word itching....but I believe he anticipated that he would need to use his weapon to defend himself and kept himself calm cool and collected until he decided he was in enough danger to do it in a justifiable manner.

I think he was afraid for his life based on everything he knew about this guy and how the guy had potential for violence (haven’t seen any evidence of said previous violence but that doesn’t come into play for this incident) that if he wasn’t armed when he confronted / or was confronted by the other guy that he would be beaten violently.

Being armed allowed him to confront the guy w/o concern for his own harm....he legally within his rights to do so...he’ll need to spend the rest of his life justifying his actions to himself...especially from the perspective of “I didn’t have to confront him and could have retreated”....

And we need waaaay more paddlins . . .

The ones with holes were the worst....the anticipation from the whislin that those holes created was inhumane and cruel!!
Due to that, I used wooden spoons on my young’uns

If someone shoots you in the leg, you're no longer concerned about attacking someone with your bat.

You're concerned with your LEG that was shot....that had you IN EXCRUCIATING PAIN!

The threat ends as a result and VOILA! Nobody dies.

The Morgan freeman He’s right you know gif...inserted here.

When I got shot wanting to fight an armed man (who 30 years later I found out is no longer a man)...I left poste haste...to get a gun of my own...ended up bleeding out in the emergency room...that’s a whole different story though

Nobody said that. If he "deserved" to die for anything, he deserved to die for undertaking a potentially lethal assault (baseball bats can kill) against two people who were holding him to account, and not advancing on him.

I shed no tears for that douchebag. I'm not terribly concerned what will happen to the hillbillies, but I would hope if someone came at me with a bat, and I gunned them down, I wouldn't waste away in prison. Not my fault.

WTF? On what grounds did they have to legally hold him to account?

Just curious as to why you would call someone with a legitimate mental illness a douchebag?

When I was a kid I thought it would be nice to live in the US. After several trips across your country not do much anymore. Tbh I think I has lost a lot of its glory in the last few decades. The infastucture, your healthcare system, the number of people who live in poverty, crime rates, gun laws & shootings, the legal system, your prison system etc etc

Still like to visit but 1/2 weeks at a time is more than enough in general

Thank you for not moving here and only visiting 1/2 weeks at a time...is there anything us Americans can do to change your mind?

How can we convince you to not visit at all?

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MANSLAUGHTER AND MURDER IN TEXAS
When one person dies as a result of another person’s actions, that is always considered a homicide. However, there are various kinds of homicide, not all of which are illegal (i.e. self-defense), with varying degrees of repercussions.

Criminal homicide cases are divided into two different charges: murder and manslaughter.

To help you understand the difference in Texas, we’ve detailed each below:

Murder

Murder charges are further divided based on the severity and other circumstances surrounding the crime. While many states separate murder charges into first and second degree murder, Texas law makes a distinction between “capital murder” and “murder.”

In order to be charged with murder, the defendant must have knowingly and willingly caused the death of another person. The biggest distinguishing factor between murder and manslaughter involves the intent of the perpetrator. If the defendant intended to cause serious bodily harm or death, or intended to commit a felony other than manslaughter that resulted in death, he or she can be charged with murder.

The distinction between capital murder and murder is made when the killing was committed in a way that can result in capital punishment in Texas. Some of the criteria for capital murder include killing a police officer or firefighter, having been paid to commit murder, murdering someone in prison, or killing more than one person.

With regard to capital murder, obviously, the punishment can result in the execution of the defendant. A defendant who is convicted of capital murder could also be given life in prison without the possibility of parole. A murder charge without capital implications, on the other hand, is a first-degree felony which can result in anywhere from 5 to 99 years in prison and a fine of no more than $10,000.

Several defenses, such as insanity or a crime of passion defense, can result in lesser charges or penalties in murder cases.

Manslaughter

Many states have two different forms of manslaughter: voluntary and involuntary. Texas, however, combines these two charges into one and has enhanced penalties for certain aggravating factors.

To be convicted of manslaughter, a defendant must be proven beyond reasonable doubt to have recklessly caused the death of another person. As opposed to murder, intent does not need to be proven in order to convict someone of manslaughter.

While Texas does not distinguish between voluntary and involuntary manslaughter, it is the only state that has a specific crime known as “intoxication manslaughter,” which is reserved for when a death is caused by someone who was impaired by drugs or alcohol. This charge most often applies to impaired motorists. All manslaughter charges in Texas are second-degree felonies which carry prison sentences of 2 to 20 years and fines up to $10,000. Intoxication manslaughter may also result in minimum sentencing (meaning you must serve a certain period of time before being eligible for parole) and a mandatory 240-800 community services hours.

Both murder and manslaughter are extremely serious crimes in Texas. If you are convicted of these crimes, you could face major prison time and even death, which is why you need an experienced and committed criminal defense lawyer who knows the ins and outs of the Texas criminal justice system. If you are facing manslaughter, intoxication manslaughter, or murder, please call the Medlin Law Firm to discuss your options and what we can do to protect your rights and freedom.

y59s5.jpg

Sounds to me like, based on the definitions of both, they'll be charged with Murder because they went there WITH THEIR GUNS OUT seemingly EXPECTING(or HOPING) to use it on the victim and then pass it off as Self-Defense. Boy are they in for a very rude awakening.

I’m pretty sure the term paddlin predates the simpsons by quite a few decades...wouldn’t be surprised to find out that Mark Twain used it

Jesus Pre-dated Mark Twain and I already said I didn't care if Jesus himself created that term. o_O

The Morgan freeman He’s right you know gif...inserted here.

When I got shot wanting to fight an armed man (who 30 years later I found out is no longer a man)...I left poste haste...to get a gun of my own...ended up bleeding out in the emergency room...that’s a whole different story though

You just have lousy aim. :p:p:p

Glad to hear you're okay, though. :)

Back