Thai boys soccer team found safe after 9 days in cave. Edit: All out safely.

What is funny is cave rescues happen and never make much news. Then this one makes news.

Thanks. I'll check it out. Wonder why it does that, seems sager, but I don't know much about scuba. So....
I have a fullface snorkel and bought 1 for my nephew too. Doesn't strike me as something that would increase the risk of drowning, but this is a snorkel we are talking about, so at most we are only going 6 feet below the surface.

I have a fullface snorkel and bought 1 for my nephew too. Doesn't strike me as something that would increase the risk of drowning, but this is a snorkel we are talking about, so at most we are only going 6 feet below the surface.
Yeah, snorkels are pretty different . But wonder what's the actual reason. They used them in the cave rescue, which is interesting

Untitled_1.jpg
They should make it a monster movie like the descent and starting Tony jaa

Why are we preventing darwinism?

I am just surprised it is making so much news. It didn't make that much news in the past. I remember when some people I knew in the NSS in Bloomington IN flew to New Mexico with some others from Kentucky and Missouri to do a cave rescue that lasted I think nine days. It just made a bit of local news.

I am just surprised it is making so much news. It didn't make that much news in the past. I remember when some people I knew in the NSS in Bloomington IN flew to New Mexico with some others from Kentucky and Missouri to do a cave rescue that lasted I think nine days. It just made a bit of local news.

Has a group ever been found alive after 9 days missing?

Has a group ever been found alive after 9 days missing?

I don't know the length of time but in a wet cave which this one is a person can last a long time. You can go without food a long time. I might get in touch with my old NSS buddies and ask if they know.

Yeah, snorkels are pretty different . But wonder what's the actual reason. They used them in the cave rescue, which is interesting
I think its because many of the kids couldn't swim much less dive and would find the full facemask more natural. And the boys were sedated with ketamine to make sure they wouldn't be panicking during the dive so they wouldn't have been able to use a normal scuba regulator anyway.

I don't know the length of time but in a wet cave which this one is a person can last a long time. You can go without food a long time. I might get in touch with my old NSS buddies and ask if they know.

I'm purely talking about the narrative.

I didn't even know about this until they found them alive. The divers were actually just searching to find their dead bodies but they found the group alive in a dark cave after being trapped their for 9 days.

Then they had to figure out how to get them out or keep them alive for 4 months until the rainy season ended.

This was an international rescue effort and an experienced thai navy diver died in the effort.

Are there other situations like this that you think were underreported?

I'm purely talking about the narrative.

I didn't even know about this until they found them alive. The divers were actually just searching to find their dead bodies but they found the group alive in a dark cave after being trapped their for 9 days.

Then they had to figure out how to get them out or keep them alive for 4 months until the rainy season ended.

This was an international rescue effort and an experienced thai navy diver died in the effort.

Are there other situations like this that you think were underreported?

Cave incidents in the past were very under reported, perhaps things are changing. The NSS is broken up into regional groups known as grottos, there was a double fatality during a survey that made little news outside of the NSS. There were some fatalities at Cheve that made a little news but still not much.

Cave incidents in the past were very under reported, perhaps things are changing. The NSS is broken up into regional groups known as grottos, there was a double fatality during a survey that made little news outside of the NSS. There were some fatalities at Cheve that made a little news but still not much.

You didn't respond to my anything I said or asked

You didn't respond to my anything I said or asked

I did miss part of this.

I saw the nine days and that didn't shock me. I then saw the four months, the rain had to have raised the underground rivers and increased the flow a lot.

Being a navy diver is a little different than cave diving of course a person can be a navy ocean diver and a cave diver.

Four months is a very long time. Perhaps this is why this one made news.

Wait what?

Some people are saying the coach should be killed? Damn what the hell is wrong with them.

I just got off from a local political forum where half the posters endorse Extra Judicial Killing to stop criminality.

Some peoples Children.
People want so bad to be mad at people, they find any excuse to hate and blame people. You have all these Americans, where the only risk they take is how much saturated fat is in their diet, criticizing people that live in the third world and applying our low risk mentality to them.

Back