That LA Rams vs KC Chiefs game is going down in history one of the best iconic games

I didn't understand the pass Mahomes threw that Ebukam intercepted with one hand juggling the ball, he basically lobbed it at him, he didn't get enough air either, it had me scratching my head.
I wonder if that was one of the plays where Mahomes was getting pressured? I only remember it vaguely and I also drank a lot last night. Ebukam is impressive on the stat sheet yet I think he’s a product of the Rams system. When you have a DL that penetrates and have been suspect against the run all year that means your LBs are being exposed. Rams are making due with what they have at LB but Brees and Mahomes were licking their chops. I recall yelling at the television set at how easily TE Kelce was getting open. I would be willing to give McVay a year or two to fix the LBs and I expect their defense will turn into a scary unit.

Well, no, but that is skewed by the fact that I haven't really watched much pro ball at all in years. I only paid attention to this game bc I made a few small bets and won some money off of it. I'd imagine though that the last game similar to this involved the Broncos a couple of years ago, as they were scoring a ton of points and had an amazing defense.

Both offenses in this game put up a lot of points despite the 4 or so td’s by the defenses. Like Revo pointed out, this game is just a regular season game. Most wont recall it anymore than the last high scoring shootout which I asked you about (Patriots 43 Chiefs 40 a couple weeks back btw). If it was a playoff game or an SB that’d be different.

Look, it was a great game. Especially if you’re into the modern NFL rules that allow for much easier scoring paths than previous decades, but this is what the NFL is now. Saying this game will go down as some all time great benchmark is a far fetch tho imo. There will be more, maybe even this year.

Both offenses in this game put up a lot of points despite the 4 or so td’s by the defenses. Like Revo pointed out, this game is just a regular season game. Most wont recall it anymore than the last high scoring shootout which I asked you about (Patriots 43 Chiefs 40 a couple weeks back btw). If it was a playoff game or an SB that’d be different.

Look, it was a great game. Especially if you’re into the modern NFL rules that allow for much easier scoring paths than previous decades, but this is what the NFL is now. Saying this game will go down as some all time great benchmark is a far fetch tho imo. There will be more, maybe even this year.
Oh, well, I never said that it was going to be a benchmark. I said it was a complete game, save there were no return TDs.

For the record, I miss the older rules. It's why I don't watch as much anymore.

It was good for a Monday Night Football game. However, not close to being iconic all time.

This game was iconic:

I wonder if that was one of the plays where Mahomes was getting pressured? I only remember it vaguely and I also drank a lot last night. Ebukam is impressive on the stat sheet yet I think he’s a product of the Rams system. When you have a DL that penetrates and have been suspect against the run all year that means your LBs are being exposed. Rams are making due with what they have at LB but Brees and Mahomes were licking their chops. I recall yelling at the television set at how easily TE Kelce was getting open. I would be willing to give McVay a year or two to fix the LBs and I expect their defense will turn into a scary unit.

Here is the pass, I think the pressure of the entire game got to Mahomes he also chucked a couple horrible long desperate hailmary type throws with his eyes closed and they got picked.

Back