That one time when the UFC asked fans and experts who the GOAT is. Results: #1 Jon Jones, #2 Silva

20falarVerdades

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
.... #3 GSP

"a committee of journalists, commentators, and other experts cast their votes, compiled here in a list submitted for your consideration,
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/...of-the-ufcs-200-greatest-fighters-of-all-time
KDZ4HAr.png

Seems accurate. A few weeks ago Big John Mcarty also called Jon Jones for being the goat

Another insider and MMA expert Joe Rogan also said that Jones and Silva are the arguably the GOATs, depending on your criteria

I think it is very fair to say that this result is the consensus outside Sherdog
anderson-silva-vs-jon-jones.0.jpg

Smells like outdated BS to me

"Let's name the cheaters as GOATS, and the guys who have never popped behind them."

What year is that from?

They should ask now

Jones will forever have an * by his name

Good God, they asked for the top 200? Pretty sure most responding were struggling to name 200 fighters. "Uh, Spencer Fisher. That's a guy, right?"

lol, Conor barely cracked the top 40. Shayna Bazler made the list and has 2 UFC fights and got finished in both.

How in the fuck can you have a goat list without Fedor, Wand, Nog

I mean come the fuck on. Demetrious Johnson, who in the fuck lol

.... #3 GSP

"a committee of journalists, commentators, and other experts cast their votes, compiled here in a list submitted for your consideration,
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/...of-the-ufcs-200-greatest-fighters-of-all-time
KDZ4HAr.png

Seems accurate. A few weeks ago Big John Mcarty also called Jon Jones for being the goat

Another insider and MMA expert Joe Rogan also said that Jones and Silva are the arguably the GOATs, depending on your criteria

I think it is very fair to say that this result is the consensus outside Sherdog

GOATs of the Steroid cheaters league

.... #3 GSP

KDZ4HAr.png

GOATs of the UFC is debatable. GOAT of MMA, no debate whatsoever.

No juice, no cutting, no ducking, no "weight class", just fight - Fedor.

BJ randy chuck hughes ahead of aldo? kill all those poll that voted in the poll

The dominance of Jones or the artistry of Anderson

The only 2 acceptable GOATs

This article is from 2016

before Jones double bust, before Anderson's tainted supplements, and most importantly before GSP became UFC MW champion

Smells like outdated BS to me

"Let's name the cheaters as GOATS, and the guys who have never popped behind them."

It might not be right, but Jones and Anderson will always be the popular picks for UFC GOAT

.... #3 GSP

KDZ4HAr.png

I was a huge chuck fan but I know the limits of suggesting top 10's. I'm not saying I have the appropriate list but chuck isn't #5.

No juice, no cutting, no ducking, no "weight class", just fight - Fedor.

Fedor would have had more trouble at LHW/Pride MW then HW. His toughest fights were always against smaller fighters

Back