That one time when the UFC asked fans and experts who the GOAT is. Results: #1 Jon Jones, #2 Silva

It might not be right, but Jones and Anderson will always be the popular picks for UFC GOAT

Nah

Not so much anymore.

Hence, the wasteland.

Folks are waking up to cheaters.

Sorry.

Nah

Not so much anymore.

Hence, the wasteland.

Folks are waking up to cheaters.

Sorry.

I bet a current poll would still have Jones and Anderson top 3, with GSP being the only one close

You might not like it, but thats how most people see it

I bet a current poll would still have Jones and Anderson top 3, with GSP being the only one close

You might not like it, but thats how most people see it

Nope.

I see you keep repeating how popular these cheaters are, but fans are starting to learn, and evolve.

You might not like it, but times are a changin. ;)

This article is from 2016

before Jones double bust, before Anderson's tainted supplements, and most importantly before GSP became UFC MW champion

Lol Anderson has just been cleared
Jon Jones short of KOed DC
Beating Bisping is good but nothing spectacular. GSP would never be a top 5 in the division

This was before Jon Jones destroyed DC for the second time

But after getting caught for steroids, drug use, and hit and run?

Jones probably couldn't beat Jason Von Flue without his roids...and he wasn't even a LHW!

.... #3 GSP

"a committee of journalists, commentators, and other experts cast their votes, compiled here in a list submitted for your consideration,
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/7/...of-the-ufcs-200-greatest-fighters-of-all-time
KDZ4HAr.png

Seems accurate. A few weeks ago Big John Mcarty also called Jon Jones for being the goat

Another insider and MMA expert Joe Rogan also said that Jones and Silva are the arguably the GOATs, depending on your criteria

I think it is very fair to say that this result is the consensus outside Sherdog
anderson-silva-vs-jon-jones.0.jpg

not my goat

How in the fuck can you have a goat list without Fedor, Wand, Nog

I mean come the fuck on. Demetrious Johnson, who in the fuck lol
might just be a ufc goat list. nog and wand didn't have as good of ufc careers as in pride

Lol Anderson has just been cleared
Jon Jones short of KOed DC
Beating Bisping is good but nothing spectacular. GSP would never be a top 5 in the division
Only cheaters defend other cheaters. It validates their cheating behavrious

How in the fuck can you have a goat list without Fedor, Wand, Nog

I mean come the fuck on. Demetrious Johnson, who in the fuck lol

Only UFC fighters. Big Nog is at #15 and Lil' Nog is at #89.

Also, MM should be #1.

GSP is the only fighter on their top 10 list that has 4 wins against other fighters on their list.

He also won more UFC title fights than any champion in the promotion's history.

/thread

Fedor would have had more trouble at LHW/Pride MW then HW. His toughest fights were always against smaller fighters
Maybe he would have had trouble if he had cut to make weight and fight those guys but not if they moved up. There is a reason a lot of heavier guys cut weight to fight in a smaller division and it has nothing to do with the "challenge".

Back