That time Anderson hurt Cormier to the body

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score

Ya I think the pinkie toe nail sliced Cormiers nip.

Was a tough rest of the fight for Silva though.

Literally the worst possible matchup for Anderson—and also the literal baddest man on the planet—and on short notice.

GOATs

Anderson took that fight on two days notice

RESPECT

I’m just reserving a spot. Depending of replies in the thread, I will edit my post later.

This was 40 year old, peg leg, no chin, no gas tank Silva.

Prime Silva would've clowned DC

He put up a good fight despite being dominated.
I'm not an Anderson fan but I give him respect for that fight.

Damn, Andy STILL dangerous against elite talent on a few days notice. Body shots are so satisfying too. Great GIF.

Legend.

The real GOAT, the greatest Spider Silva.

Prime Anderson, pre-leg break gets beat worse than he actually did. Because DC would actually be taking the fight seriously, instead of doing the UFC a favor and taking it light on Silva.

361E375F00000578-3682895-image-a-96_1468124568683.jpg

Tricky technique from a southpaw. The leg goes up and looks like its gonna be roundhouse but instead halfway into it you push kick instead. Straight to the liver.

Prime Anderson, pre-leg break gets beat worse than he actually did. Because DC would actually be taking the fight seriously, instead of doing the UFC a favor and taking it light on Silva.

361E375F00000578-3682895-image-a-96_1468124568683.jpg

I agree that DC treated it more like an exhibition fight than an actual title fight. That said, I don't know if he beats prime Andy. He might, because he matches up pretty well, but Prime Andy is top 3 all time P4P. All I can say for sure is that it's a match I'd love to have seen.

Back