That time Anderson hurt Cormier to the body

I remember screaming at the TV for Anderson to follow up after seeing the strike land. It did appear to hurt Korma.

N that’s 40 + year old semi retired Anderson

Prime Anderson matrix’s him

Battle of the bosses. Jones take notes

I agree that DC treated it more like an exhibition fight than an actual title fight. That said, I don't know if he beats prime Andy. He might, because he matches up pretty well, but Prime Andy is top 3 all time P4P. All I can say for sure is that it's a match I'd love to have seen.
I’m not gonna lie, Matrix Anderson was something to behold...
bdFLUGk.gif

I so badly wish that Silva had scored the surprise KO that night. It would have been a bad ass win for Anderson and thrown what was already a dysfunctional LHW division at the time into even more chaos.

There should be a sticky thread about that kick considering that there's at least one thread about it every week.

Prime Anderson, pre-leg break gets beat worse than he actually did. Because DC would actually be taking the fight seriously, instead of doing the UFC a favor and taking it light on Silva.

361E375F00000578-3682895-image-a-96_1468124568683.jpg

DC didn't take it easy on Anderson. Anderson simply has a much better guard than the likes of Dan Henderson or Volkan and was able to trap him from advancing or putting up significant offence.

DC didn't take it easy on Anderson. Anderson simply has a much better guard than the likes of Dan Henderson or Volkan and was able to trap him from advancing or putting up significant offence.
No! You're wrong! DC was in awe of Anderson and he didn't mind going slow and giving him the chance to give him permanent brain damage.

No! You're wrong! DC was in awe of Anderson and he didn't mind going slow and giving him the chance to give him permanent brain damage.[/QUOTE

That's silly. DC didn't prepare for AS style. He knew that put Sliva on his back was the safe plane. No way in hell he was taking easy on him. He was smart, why stand up with a old but dangerous striker? And he knew Silva had some ground tricks too. So he controlled the fight to win by decision.

This was 40 year old, peg leg, no chin, no gas tank Silva.

Prime Silva would've clowned DC

Come on, Anderson nearly lost to Chael. A guy who is a less superior wrestler, striker and overall smaller athlete. DC took mercy on him in that fight.

Back