that time dariush brutalized james vick

Lol omg no.

I had him beating Edson too but battering is laughable. It was only 7 mins into the fight and the moment was clearly shifting from a slight edge to Dariush
I remember him throwing fastball type punches at edson and edson sort of just shelling up that classifies as a temporary battering imo when a guy is throwing wild ass punches and you just cover

This makes no sense. Why should the MT plum be the only acceptable time to strike? How does this eradicate wall and stall? If you don't like striking from the clinch how do you feel about GnP from established positions on the ground?

This is MMA.

Why do the refs get in between the fighters during a stand up? Shouldn’t you be allowed to strike while the fighter is getting up because it is mma?

An over/under clinch, when not used immediately for takedowns, is mainly a stalling technique but can also be used to throw cheap shots, which boxing outlawed due to it being unsportsmanlike.

As for strikes on the ground, gnp is a part of Gracie jiu jitsu. It is a legal technique within that art form.

I remember him throwing fastball type punches at edson and edson sort of just shelling up that classifies as a temporary battering imo when a guy is throwing wild ass punches and you just cover
Watch the fight. I don't mean that in a dick way but I know it reads like that. I just watched it a week or so ago. Edson was not shelling up and never ate anything that put him in any kind of trouble. I certainly had Edson losing the first, but not by a ton. He was landing body kicks, and very hard leg kicks. Dariush was still going for takedowns every time Edson planted his feet but they were not even close. The first round Dariush Landed 26 strikes to Edson's 18. Keep in mind Dariush's style is more a volume puncher and Barboza's isn't so Barboza was doing his usual counter game but hadn't quite found his range yet. This is why I had Dariush winning the first.

In the second round, Beneil noticeably slows down as he eats more and more kicks, Stann comments on it, says he looks tired and Edson doesn't. Edson continues to land leg kicks, body kicks, and is now landing punches as well. Then Beneil goes for more TD attempts and gets KO'd halfway through the second.

Dariush is actually one of my favorite fighters to watch these days. He always goes forward with offense and is dangerous on the ground and standing.

Ive always asked why dont more guys do this move. Clinch against cage, quickly break clinch and throw punch. If miss quickly clinch again. Rinse and repeat.
Agreed. Mighty mouse is very good at it.

When I watch clips like that, it only makes laugh at people who think "Jon Jones is only dominant because he more physical attributes than his opponents." LOL

I see way more tall fighters getting bullied by shorter guys.

Being tall and long is definitely an advantage. It's about whether the fighter knows how to use it. You can watch James Vick fight and see him spamming flying knees and being willing to brawl. Struve does this too. Neither guy takes advantage of their physical attributes.

So you’re basically saying you’re a casual who can’t appreciate talent unless it comes with a gimmick and mainstream hype?
I’m saying I’ve been watching Mma since 2003 and at this stage I know what I enjoy and unless it’s a team mate I don’t watch under cards or non POV cards unless I have inscentive

I think it’s definitely unsportsmanlike. Why do you think it’s called dirty boxing?

If you clinch in an over/under and aren’t looking for takedowns, there should be a quick and clean break by the referee to ensure fair play.

This would also eradicate wall and stall.

If you want to strike from the clinch, use a Muay Thai plum.

You are a retarded person. What did you think of Randy Couture then? Dude brtualized guys in the clinch and it was by no means dirty.

I’m saying I’ve been watching Mma since 2003 and at this stage I know what I enjoy and unless it’s a team mate I don’t watch under cards or non POV cards unless I have inscentive
I kinda hear ya, but none of us know how a fight might turn out and how much we may enjoy it.

I kinda hear ya, but none of us know how a fight might turn out and how much we may enjoy it.
I always peep the fight if I hear it was good though. Like I just recently caught up of lando and he’s good entertainment. I also recently watched all of Tony’s fights. I honestly had only seen the RDA fight and the Lee fight but now I really like Tony

Back