That's on your wishlist for the next console generation?

The only thing on my wishlist is that the launch date isn't near.

There's absolutely no justifiable reason for a new generation of consoles that isn't purely driven from a supplier-side financial interest, and there won't be for at least another 2 years:
The consumer adoption rate of 4K television sets blew past last year’s expectations, climbing to 25% of U.S. households by January 2018, according to the Consumer Technology Association (CTA).
https://www.tellusventure.com/blog/4k-tv-will-be-in-half-of-u-s-homes-by-end-of-2019/
https://www.reportlinker.com/p05336...ition-UHD-Technologies-Global-Markets-to.html

When that hits 75% of households we can talk about the crime of upscaling and the occasional (what was perfectly viable for decades) 30fps nerf being an intolerable sacrifice.

Even then I'm not sure people will care.

Whoever brings out Crysis 4 will get my money.

It's been awhile since I played 3, but I thought 3 pretty much finished up the story line.
Like that ever stopped a corporation from retconning/rebooting anything. :(

It's been awhile since I played 3, but I thought 3 pretty much finished up the story line.
Not only did it finish the storyline, but they also said flat out that they will never release another one in the series. But I can't accept that because it was my favorite PvP FPS game. So I keep dreaming and wishing.

I want at least 2TB harddrive and 802.11n wifi and good download servers. I have 1gig uplink to the house and ps4 downloads at like 5 mbs because ps4 only uses 2.4 for wifi

Wow... get a cable and plug it in if you need to. You don't download things very often. You could literally download at your router if you can't do it any other way. I downloaded GoW and both darksiders games in 10 minutes the other day on my 1gb connection.

The only thing on my wishlist is that the launch date isn't near.

There's absolutely no justifiable reason for a new generation of consoles that isn't purely driven from a supplier-side financial interest, and there won't be for at least another 2 years:

https://www.tellusventure.com/blog/4k-tv-will-be-in-half-of-u-s-homes-by-end-of-2019/
https://www.reportlinker.com/p05336...ition-UHD-Technologies-Global-Markets-to.html

When that hits 75% of households we can talk about the crime of upscaling and the occasional (what was perfectly viable for decades) 30fps nerf being an intolerable sacrifice.

Even then I'm not sure people will care.

Honestly I think there is more to it than that before a new generation is necessary. It seems like the current PC bottlenecks and cost prohibitive improvements are a major issue atm. Even a GTX 1080 TI isn't really hitting performance numbers that make 4K viable. We're talking 2022 and a continued consistent trend before the 12-13th generation cards at the lower models can carry 4k at quality enough framerates. That seems to me the first realistic point where this becomes a conversation. What do you think? It seems like a major leap forward is necessary right now to get there.

Wow... get a cable and plug it in if you need to. You don't download things very often. You could literally download at your router if you can't do it any other way. I downloaded GoW and both darksiders games in 10 minutes the other day on my 1gb connection.

I know I could, but that would mean bringing my TV and ps4 up to where my router is. Wifi is a thing for a reason. It shouldn't be the bottleneck.

I know I could, but that would mean bringing my TV and ps4 up to where my router is. Wifi is a thing for a reason. It shouldn't be the bottleneck.

You clearly don't understand wifi technology. Wifi is ALWAYS a bottleneck. I can already tell by what you just said that 5G is probably going to provide a less than exciting experience than what you expect. It doesn't work very well even over a moderate distance or through any walls etc. That's the problem with a higher frequency signal.

Edited to add: You do realize 2.4Ghz supports 450-600 mbs right?

You clearly don't understand wifi technology. Wifi is ALWAYS a bottleneck. I can already tell by what you just said that 5G is probably going to provide a less than exciting experience than what you expect. It doesn't work very well even over a moderate distance or through any walls etc. That's the problem with a higher frequency signal.

I am actually a network engineer who does a lot of work with wireless I have a very good AP that can provide up to 1 GB speed, actually 2.4 gig if I band the channels. So I expect the bottleneck to be at either the servers or the general internet for the next generation of consoles

I am actually a network engineer who does a lot of work with wireless I have a very good AP that can provide up to 1 GB speed, actually 2.4 gig if I band the channels. So I expect the bottleneck to be at either the servers or the general internet for the next generation of consoles

Not trying to be offensive but how is it that your wifi only downloads at 5 mbs if you are a network engineer? With a few modifications to the settings on the PS4 you can easily get a much higher and consistent download speed with wifi...

Not trying to be offensive but how is it that your wifi only downloads at 5 mbs if you are a network engineer? With a few modifications to the settings on the PS4 you can easily get a much higher and consistent download speed with wifi...

It tests at 46 mbs for downloads, but actual speeds end up at around 4-5 I blame it on download servers tbh.

EDIT: Just went through the custom wifi settings and none of them have anything to do with connection speed or channel or anything to do with improving wifi, only dhcp and proxy stuff.

It tests at 46 mbs for downloads, but actual speeds end up at around 4-5 I blame it on download servers tbh.

EDIT: Just went through the custom wifi settings and none of them have anything to do with connection speed or channel or anything to do with improving wifi, only dhcp and proxy stuff.

So I highly recommend changing the DNS and the MTU. It matters a lot with the Sony download servers for whatever reason. It matters on both cabled and wifi connections but especially wifi.

So I highly recommend changing the DNS and the MTU. It matters a lot with the Sony download servers for whatever reason. It matters on both cabled and wifi connections but especially wifi.

what are the recommended settings?

Rollcage

I wish for it every year since Rollcage Stage II came out, mainly because it had a great puzzle mode called Scramble for when you got bored of the high octane races. For those who don't remember it, was a lot like the Wipeout series but with cars that had big wheels so you could flip upside down and keep driving, plus they could grip all surfaces so driving up walls and onto the ceiling was a common element in races. Add to that a lot of unique weapons, some serious speed and a licensed soundtrack, you had a truly great racing game.

Very underrated.

After a longer than expected console generation, which was originally expected to end in 2018, estimates of the release dates for the new Playstation/XBox have been made for around Fall 2019 at the earliest but Fall 2020 is more realistic.

This console generation has been good, but in recent years console gamers have been jealous of PCs enhanced graphics (Resolution & Framerates).

So my expectations/demand for the next generation of consoles are low...

*4K Resolution compatability for all games.
*60 Frames-Per-Second standard.

...but is that all we should expect? Or is there more we haven't thought of?

What's your opinion?

I didn't read the OP before replying, sorry about that. I hope it was ok to suggest games <45>

i wish for rollcages in the new consoles, as well.

I didn't read the OP before replying, sorry about that. I hope it was ok to suggest games <45>

Its all good.

That topic would be filled with 'A sequel to _____________.'

Personally, I'm more interested in the hardware that'll allow developers to run games at higher resolutions and framerates, because it takes ALOT of resources to develop games to those standards on current hardware.