The 0 carb diet

Status
Not open for further replies.

KidJihad

White Belt
Reaction score
one of my jiu jitsu buddies did the 0 carb diet for 2 weeks as a detox and he lost about 15-20lbs. he trained like twice a day and lived off of red meat, cheese and whipped cream (not together). he lost the weight and looked cut, but he slept a LOT and never had any energy. he said several times he felt like he was dying. what does everyone think? is the end result worth feeling like shit 24/7 for 2 weeks straight?

run your car out of gas, then try to drive it for another 30 miles. That's the closest comparison i can make for a 0 carb diet

carb cycling is a different matter

your buddy would of been better served eating properly and having energy to actually workout properly.

What would be the point of starving yourself for 2 weeks only to cycle back onto whatever your normal diet is, only to regain whatever you just lost.

So pointless it's not even worth discussing.

~Foz

I've followed a zero-carb WOE for almost 4 years now. He was obviously not eating enough calories and not getting enough fat. He was experiencing ketosis which goes away after a few weeks. It may not be the best diet for training that much unless he is spending a shitload of time and money on food. I usually eat between 3-5 pounds of red meat a day and 12-24 eggs.

I've followed a zero-carb WOE for almost 4 years now. He was obviously not eating enough calories and not getting enough fat. He was experiencing ketosis which goes away after a few weeks. It may not be the best diet for training that much unless he is spending a shitload of time and money on food. I usually eat between 3-5 pounds of red meat a day and 12-24 eggs.

holy shit

Wow.

How's the heart/cholesterol? Better question, how's the bowels? Any cancer?

Sorry, I'm just being an ass, but that seems like a crazy fucking diet man.

Wow.

How's the heart/cholesterol? Better question, how's the bowels? Any cancer?

Sorry, I'm just being an ass, but that seems like a crazy fucking diet man.

My heart/cholesterol is perfect. My bowels are perfect also. The whole idea of "fiber being needed for proper digestion" is a myth. Running fiber through the gut causes the body to produce copious mucus which interferes with nutrient absorption, and over years will produce scar tissues in bowels. It's also very irritating to the delicate and fragile mucosa of the intestines.

My heart/cholesterol is perfect. My bowels are perfect also. The whole idea of "fiber being needed for proper digestion" is a myth. Running fiber through the gut causes the body to produce copious mucus which interferes with nutrient absorption, and over years will produce scar tissues in bowels. It's also very irritating to the delicate and fragile mucosa of the intestines.

you should patent that under the "Caveman Diet"

The caveman diet(aka Paleo diet/Neanderthin, etc.) is lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. This of course is all according to Loren Cordain and Ray Audette, both of whom have very weak frail physiques.

The caveman diet(aka Paleo diet/Neanderthin, etc.) is lean meats, fish, fruits, vegetables, and nuts. This of course is all according to Loren Cordain and Ray Audette, both of whom have very weak frail physiques.

lol, i didn't know the name was taken already. hmmmm, how about the Crouching Chicken, Eaten Cow Diet?

I'm not a fan of diets in general bro, just a lifestyle change. Carnivorism is the real name of it. All diets are just a fad and most of the time just someone selling something.

So, by NO carbs, does that include fruit/veggies too?

I don't think a carnivorous diet is too much of a shocker. look at lions. they do okay.

Wow, that sounds terrible. No way I could do it for any reason...

None at all. It's strictly all meat(eggs are meat). Fruits and vegetables are almost entirely carbohydrates.

I'm perplexed. I was under the impression you followed the Paleo diet exclusively. No fruits or vegetables? What do you do for essential (and I mean essential, both you and I know this isn't disputable) micronutrients?

Cordain is a LSD runner, btw. That's why he's a frail wisp. Devany is a better picture of the result of Paleo---even at 70.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back