The 100 Greatest Sports Photos of All Time

Ditka_Finger_Photo.jpg
I loled.

Ditkas consistent ornery disposition was hilarious. Him showing up drunk to his own talk show on the regular was great too.

Not to mention..

ditttka_253806a.jpg
Only reason he flew the bird at reporters is because the law wouldn't allow him to clothesline them.

It's how football should be played.

main_1488406711-Ron-Turcotte-Signed-16x20-Photo-Looking-Back-on-Secretariat-at-Belmont-Stakes-SOP-COA-PristineAuction.com.jpg

I'm a big fan of Secretariat, greatest horse ever.

My favorite sports-related event ever. If you know the elusive nature of Ali's medal (and the various stories behind it), it was cool to see him get it back, while him carrying the torch in his state was both awesome and hard to watch.

ali-muhammad-6316-usnews-getty-ftr_14xygm2pqblz4101bugs6n3rba.jpg

The Dr. J pic is epic

julius-erving-of-the-philadelphia-76ers-goes-for-a-dunk-against-the-picture-id1471459

The most exciting tennis match I've seen was when Chang & Lendl had one for the ages in the '89 French Open where a 17-year-old, injured Chang chose to underhand serve and throw lobs on a fuming world rank #1. There's a political backstory that occurred days before as Chinese students were protesting lack of freedom, and in turn the Chinese government killed thousands of protesters. Chang knew this and as a Chinese-American didn't quit while injured and used kid-class moves to upset the best player in the world.

yt.jpg

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...nt-content-id=BBDiCel&fullscreen=true#image=1
Recent feature on MSN. It's pretty damn good, but heavily American. You get the feeling soccer doesn't exist. Still, one of the best curated collections I've seen for this topic.

This one stood out to me above all others (for the simple fact I was ignorant to the history that hockey was goalied in this fashion this recently):

AAkUUpX.img

This is arguably the best photo of all, though, from a photographer's point of view; it's the one you enter at the County Fair if you want that blue ribbon:

AAkVkzd.img

Perhaps my favorite sports photo of all time, and definitely my favorite that is missing is this one. It has only gained more significance with time:

KarelinGiant.jpg

This one should have made the list...

John+Riggins.jpg

John Riggins shaking off a Miami Dolphins defender in Super Bowl XVII.

@HTTR21

Last edited:
A few of my favorites:

Ole-1999-pic.jpg

article-0-0156024C00000578-662_468x455.jpg

Terry-man-u.jpg

16939856-standard.jpg

5769e749dd9b0.image.jpg

saban1.jpg

41263.jpg

VKvpBDvy.jpg

Steven-Gerrard-slips.jpg

<45>

Above average NBA player Gordon Hayward tosses up a brick from halfcourt. Great photo.

Cant believe they left out Jordan hugging the trophy.

At least half the list sucked tbh. Sherdog top 100>this shit.

Back