The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Poster of the Year, Final Round - Winner: Arm Barbarian

Who is the Best Poster of 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JayPettryMMA

Danger Zone Aficionado
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Reaction score
2017 Poster of the Year

Hey everybody, welcome back to the 2017 Heavies Awards! I'm jeicex and I'll be your cruise captain once again for this final round of voting! Thanks again to the nomination thread put together by Meathead Jock, as well as my mod/admin comrades for chiming in on our end. I'm happy to yet again present the FINAL 10 nominees for Poster of the Year!

Ending this series of year-end awards, we thought it fitting to start and then end with you, the posters.
If you want to see how the first round of this poll went, look no further! As we have 10 candidates to choose from in the final round, you can have TWO VOTES.

This round, please do not summon voters into this thread to vote for you or any other nominee. Let's keep it clean and have a good fight. There were 529 posters that voted last round, can you beat that number in the final round despite that?

Congratulations to the ten of you for getting to the final round! Here we go!

The Nominees!

435209.jpg

@Arm Barbarian
Given a first round bye due to his popularity in the nomination thread, let's see if he has what it takes to win among a fierce group of nominees.

"Village People Mustache Cummins = GOAT"

500625.jpg

@Death By Samson
Still funny, still in the race, still terrifying to think about Brock Samson killing you.

"I would never pass on a repercussion free opportunity to beat down my boss."

422075.jpg

@FrankieNYC
Frankie Numbers established himself as one of the top dogs in the first poll, will he go all the way? Phrasing.

"In Prize Fighting a promoters job/responsibility is to promote a fight to the best of their ability.
UFC succeeds incredibly a lot, but fails as well.

They have a test in front of them in Stipe vs Ngannou.
Neither is a big name, but they have one of the more interesting HW fights since Brock/Cain"

361891.jpg

@GearSolidMetal
Winner of the first round, but voting is not cumulative and we start fresh with these ten top contenders. Can he win this round without the help of his vote lists?

"Day 1 of idiots on MMA message boards endlessly discussing what Jon Jones meant by Tweeting 'Day 1.'"

453793.jpg

@IngaVovchanchyn
Ever quick with the wit, Inga proves that is possible to be loved and feared at the same time.

"Maia was touching him with teh jab and almost finished him before gassing."

261507.jpg

@Sgt Smith
Old and proud, and also a well respected and revered member of the community. Is he a wizard?

"Never look a like horse in the mouth."

271269.jpg

@Soul On Ice
About the time he advanced to the next round, Jeff Novitsky went on JRE and hinted that Jones may be ok after all. Hope never dies, but it may ride alone here.

“Those punches look mildly annoying”

200461.jpg

@Substance Abuse
He's a good guy once you get to know him. Good luck with that. If you're not on the receiving end, he's hysterical. Phrasing again.

“Colby thought real life was Sherdawg, lol. Werdum smurfed his ass with physical dubs.”

522083.jpg

@Typrune Goatley
Memes and references for days, he's the only guy on this list that made an account here after Holm vs de Randamie happened, and we all let it happen.

“DC ate 30 pounds of Popeyes chicken after the weigh in vs Rumble. Big John McCarthy says DC weighed 236 in the cage that night”

186377.jpg

@wilKO
He's more than just a face we all saw at the Q&A, we know that now.

"Conor would take him to the candy shop and make him lick the lollipop"

And pour one out for our homies that were nominated in the first round but did not advance to the finals, for they are all great posters in their own ways.

anigif_original-grid-image-1774-1414683520-1.gif

@ArtOfDrowning
@Codpiece
@Flex Plexico
@goodfella69
@Mark Zima
@Meathead Jock
@paynebringer
@Reach4theSky
@Sapp
@SeattleFightFan
@toe hold

In before arm barbarian and svg

2018 will be a better year for me. This year belongs to either Arm, Frankie, or GMS, all of which are consistent posters.

No Conor, Jones or Ronda nuthuggers please.

arm barbarian is finally in? hmm. mods finally doing something right

the whole concept of this thread is a joke, and if you unironically partake in popularity votes on who the best poster on sherdog is, You're a joke too.

typrune goatley you fucks

i love that sherdog motherfucker

Tie between Arm Barbarian and Goatley. They bring 2 different things to the forums. Both are solid posters, but Typrune has dropped lots of old skool MMA knowledge in these threads.

Respect

LOL! I have not a clue, but there damned sure ought to be.
Start a nomination thread there, it's never too late. If you get something good going and have a least ten nominees, I'll see what I can do for an official "better late than never" thread.

Voted for @Death By Samson my virtual workout inspiration anytime I feel like skipping a workout I think Samson is working out trying to get more jacked than me and I hit the gym quick, and he's a bad ass poster too.

2nd vote went to the New Kid On The Block @Typrune Goatley because I couldn't decide between @Arm Barbarian who made a dirty dig at my Jon Jones it was cold, funny and forgiven and my wise poster @Sgt Smith and Typrune always showing this grumpy Gorilla love/likes...

Back