The 2017 Heavies Awards - Best Poster of the Year

Who is the Best Poster of 2017?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I actually like a lot of these posters from what I can remember but FrankieNYC always brings a lot of numbers and stats and facts that I enjoy plus seems to have a lot of knowledge and love for boxing, which is a plus.

@jeicex

5 @Arm Barbarian mentions on 1 page and you still don't give a valid explanation to why you didn't put him on this list.

Something really fishy must of gone on for you guys to not include him and unfairness doesn't sit well with me. Even if you dislike the guy, you've got to be fair when you make lists like these.

He topped the "poster of the year list" made by @Meathead Jock and wasn't included on this one ? How did that come to pass, It really is baffling.

This is not to downplay the people on this list either because i enjoy a lot of the posters on this list for different reasons but let's be fair here, Arm Barbarian should of been on this list.

has anyone answered this yet?

Come on guys so close. Let's have 1 final push. I just need 120 of you to vote for me to take over @GearSolidMetal...

Seeing how this poll will close in a bit over nine hours, and the results are all but set, we'll give a little follow-up to some questions posed in this thread:

First thing, the best is yet to come. Did you really think one poll giving you one lone vote among 20 good posters would be it? Don't be silly.

Second, this is all supposed to be done in good fun, after all it's a superlative award for decent posters on a message board, it's not life and death. Please don't get so worked up about it.

Lastly, that said, we do appreciate your enthusiasm and discussion, and look forward to what's next here for the forum and with the sport as a whole. Thank you for being you.

Thanks,
The mods and admins

poster of the year should be Wadtucket.

Voted for Frankie, also Meathead is great.

The poll has now closed! The results are as follows:

@GearSolidMetal - 142 votes
@FrankieNYC - 109 votes
@IngaVovchanchyn - 45 votes
@Typrune Goatley - 40 votes
@wilKO - 23 votes
@Sgt Smith - 20 votes
TIE for seventh with 16 votes each - @Death By Samson, @Soul On Ice, @Substance Abuse

Congratulations to the winners of this round of voting. It's not over yet.

Thank you to all the other nominees, I'll list you below alphabetically:
@ArtOfDrowning
@Codpiece
@Flex Plexico
@goodfella69
@Mark Zima
@Meathead Jock
@paynebringer
@Reach4theSky
@Sapp
@SeattleFightFan
@toe hold

You're all great posters, it is something in itself to be nominated at all, and each of you nominated have positively contributed to the forum this year and we the staff have taken notice. Thank you for everything last year, and we hope you continue to be model posters going forward. To those of you that were not nominated, this does not mean you by any means are a "bad poster" or did not contribute enough, but that there are 150,000 accounts on here, with thousands upon thousands posting in the heavies, and whittling that down to around 20 is quite something. Last year, there were only 15 nominees, and we thought this year that we would max this poll out.

In this contest, you cast a grand total of 529 votes. Most impressive. Can we beat that vote total going forward? I think so. Last year, the 2016 Poster of the Year poll only had 266 votes cast, so you nearly doubled turnout this year.

More to come soon, so stay tuned.

Congrats @GearSolidMetal well deserved..

NnGGHE0muVqpO.gif

Congratulations to the winners of this round of voting. It's not over yet.

This Round?

Are you taking up my suggestion of doing one last round, and I wouldn't use my tag list?

(Because honestly, I did give myself an unfair advantage [although I did encourage everyone tagged to not neccessarily vote for me, but just to vote, but it is my tag list]).

This Round?

Are you taking up my suggestion of doing one last round, and I wouldn't use my tag list?

(Because honestly, I did give myself an unfair advantage [although I did encourage everyone tagged to not neccessarily vote for me, but just to vote, but it is my tag list]).

I hope not, I'm happy with 100+ votes. Didn't expect any of this
If its about you tagging people & stumping to votes - I'm the only member close to your total & I don't care!
Congrats GSM & again try not to get banned/leave like last years winners ;)

Congrats GSM & again try not to get banned/leave like last years winners ;)

Goddamn it, I don't want the jinx of being the heavies poster of the year so I'll be banned next week!

I want that 'honor' to go to YOU!

;)

Winner was well deserved. The heavies isn't the complete shit show it used to be. That has a lot to do with some great mods and a lot of good posters, many of who were part of this poll. Good stuff.

Goddamn it, I don't want the jinx of being the heavies poster of the year so I'll be banned next week!

I want that 'honor' to go to YOU!

;)

Ha, in all seriousness if there is another round, I rather be out
Between the nomination thread & this, its enough.
As @jeicex said its not serious & its just fun
No need to go through it again
I'm happy to see a lot of names I never interacted with vote, that is enough for me.

Back