The 2017 Heavies Awards - Prospect of the Year - Winner: Zabit Magomedsharipov

2017 Heavies Awards- Prospect of the Year

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would have included Gregor in the voting options
It was definitely close. He's easily the best "honorable mention". We tried to go by fighters most generally discussed on the forum. Gillespie is seldom discussed around here but he's an awesome prospect.

It was definitely close. He's easily the best "honorable mention". We tried to go by fighters most generally discussed on the forum. Gillespie is seldom discussed around here but he's an awesome prospect.

I think Gillespie has the highest floor (but a lower ceiling) of all the fighters except maybe Zabit. Gillespie will be a hard out for anyone but doesn't seem to have the ability to look like a world beater, but will definitely upset some world beaters if you match him up with them.

I think Gillespie has the highest floor (but a lower ceiling) of all the fighters except maybe Zabit. Gillespie will be a hard out for anyone but doesn't seem to have the ability to look like a world beater, but will definitely upset some world beaters if you match him up with them.
Agreed. His fight with Jason Gonzalez was competitive and I didn't expect it to be. He's fighting Jordan Rinaldi in a couple of weeks and I think if he wins that one he may get ranked competition. Especially with a finish. That would make 4 in a row and undefeated. Would be hard to deny him a step up.

was about to post

giphy.gif

because i thought this was gonna be another " best poster on the heavies " thread, but like " best new poster ".

Damn, Erick only made it to the honorable mentions.. next year he'll surely be up there in the voting! Give him time!

Zabit for me. I would pick Taisumov as a prospect too, he has had fights and won them, but never got a good opponent. I really hope he gets a fight soon.

Zabit, he may be the best Featherweight at this moment.

Doesn't seem to be too hard for them to deny Usman
I think that has more to do with no one at 170 accepting fights with Usman. They've tried to match him with ranked guys and no one accepts the fight.

I voted Tai for teh lulz...

The obvious answer is Erick Silva.

erick-silva-ufc-fight-night-95-ceremonial-weigh-ins1.jpg

I voted Tai for teh lulz...

The obvious answer is Erick Silva.
Tai is actually quite a good prospect though plus when was the last time we had a HW prospect as young as him? I think he's going to make waves. He's very good and still has so much room to improve. I almost voted for him, may still switch mine. People are sleeping on this kid.

Tai is actually quite a good prospect though plus when was the last time we had a HW prospect as young as him? I think he's going to make waves. He's very good and still has so much room to improve. I almost voted for him, may still switch mine. People are sleeping on this kid.

He's my pick of the bunch but that's only because you didn't include The Indian of Love.

Blaydes was 24 when he debuted. Hes a better prospect than Tai imo.

I went with Zabit hes got that star look

I am excited for a few of these prospects but on here
Zabit Magomedsharipov

Paulo is the best prospect to get nailed by USADA in 2018.

2018 will be the year of the 'White Mike Tyson' John Phillips. He has the MMA world buzzing and his delayed debut in 2017 was one of the biggest disappointments of the year.

Lol Erick Silva

Meme status achieved.

Back