The 2017 Heavies Awards - Story of the Year - Winner: Jon Jones does what Jon Jones does

What is your 2017 Story of the Year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn that was a hard decision.

Jones or GSP. Both unthinkable until it happened. Lol

The Jon Jones saga just keeps baffling me. Had to vote for that.

GSP vs Bisping and Rose beating JJ are good choices too.

Floyd vs Conor was just another circus. Didn't even care enough to watch it live.

I'm not a big Conor fan and I hate all the talk around here about him......but that story was big enough to create a subforum on this site. That tells you all you need to know. Not to mention all the casuals talking about it irl. It was huge. The best boxer vs a good UFC guy while neither guy was over the hill has never happened before and likely won't happen again.

I'll just say this: Mayweather-McGregor has its own fucking sub-forum on this message board.

It's clearly Conor vs Floyd. There is still a sub forum here for it and it was the biggest money maker of the year by a mile. It was bigger than everything the UFC has done all year combined.

I'll just say this: Mayweather-McGregor has its own fucking sub-forum on this message board.
Thank fuck.

It means we don't have to put up with that shit in The Heavies.

Floyd Conor is not MMA related

GSP's win doesn't mean anything, he only returned for an easy money fight and gave up the belt, which made his return irrelevant

Its either Bones or Rose

The Jon Jones return/departure for me was the big story returns in epic fashion winz his belt back only to leave in a more epic fashion, as a fan of the man went from being emotionally high to being pushed off a cliff...

Conor-Floyd got more coverage in non mma circles than the rest of those stories combined.

Floyd Conor is not MMA related

GSP's win doesn't mean anything, he only returned for an easy money fight and gave up the belt, which made his return irrelevant

Its either Bones or Rose

Doesn't say 2017 MMA Story of the Year

Doesn't say 2017 MMA Story of the Year

It says 2017 Heavies awards story of the year. Heavies means UFC discussion forum

And the thread is also started in UFC discussion forum, so its common sense

It says 2017 Heavies awards story of the year. Heavies means UFC discussion forum

And the thread is also started in UFC discussion forum, so its common sense

And Conor os an employee of the UFC, no?

Floyd Mayweather vs Conor McGregor it is still being talked about

Women's FLW division? Might as well put Perry and Till's encounter in Poland, or Werdum/Colby from Australia.

This is a reality that Conor vs. Floyd was the biggest fight in combat sports history.

IMO... if we're talking "story"... we're talking about what story got people to buy the event. Never mind "this year." Jones' return got 850k buyz which isn't even tops for this year.

Meanwhile Mac/May got 5.4 million buys... which is all but tied for tops of all time. There can be no question what is the best story of this year. @FrankieNYC can I get a witness?

Last edited:
This is a reality that Conor vs. Floyd was the biggest fight in combat sports history. IMO... if we're talking "story"... we're talking about what story got people to buy the event. Never mind "this year." Jones' return got 850k buyz which isn't even tops for this year.

Meanwhile Mac/May got 5.4 million buys... which is all but tied for tops of all time. There can be no question what is the best story of this year. @FrankieNYC can I get a witness?

That's not even accounting for the streaming issues. It would've had millions more watching.

Back